One

Headstrong

 

 

“Wonyi! Would you stop texting your boyfriend & keep up?!” It was the 4th time your bestfriend Hajin barked at you while you carefully walk with your eyes on your phone.

“For the 500th time, I’m texting Suho-hyung. He’s asking where we are so he could show us around & maybe introduce us to some new friends.” You exclaimed & walked a little faster to catch up with her.

“Suho-hyung. Seriously what girl calls older guys hyung?” She shot you a look as if it was the first time you called older males hyung instead of oppa.

“What? I was used to it.” You shrugged & slid your phone back into your pocket.

“It’s just weird.” She scrunched her nose & tried to avoid bumping into people.

“Fine. I was texting Suho-oppa then.” You said in a cute voice.

She winced. “Okay, no. Stick to your old ways.”

You laughed & linked your arm with hers.

Both of you looked around for something interesting. You searched for that one club which fit your interest. Glee Club. But it wasn’t called Glee Club in your school. They were named “The Harmonicas”. They were a bunch of people who were blessed with such vocal chords who won in every contest they joined in. You knew all of those since you did a little research when you saw them perform at a school activity. You had this feeling that you needed to audition because of your passion in singing.

While your eyes were busy searching, a group of squealing girls who looked like your age caught your attention.

“Oh my gosh! Girl, we need to hurry like right now! Kai & Lay are gonna dance!” Said the girl who looked 2 years older than you. They were walking the same direction as you & Hajin but they were walking a little faster.

“I know! We better run to get a closer look! I hope Kai lifts his shirt up!” The other one giggled. The way they talk annoyed you but you can’t help but listen about this Kai & Lay they’re gushing about.

Before you knew it, the group of giggling girls was gone & ran to the small crowd which was getting larger as the music from the speakers grew louder.

Hajin turned her head to the crowd & pulled you towards it. “YAH! Let’s check it out!”

She squeezed & pushed a couple of people while I mumble the words “Sorry”, “Excuse us” & “Coming through”.

As you got to the spot where there were less people & more oxygen, two guys who were dressed in black & had eyeliner surprised you.

“Kai & Lay.” You uttered as you remembered what the giggling girls said. You still didn’t know who was Kai & who was Lay though.

“Oh! You know them?! Why didn’t you tell me?” Hajin crossed her arms, her eyes glued to Kai & Lay.

“I just heard it from some girls.” You replied & felt impatient. So what are these boys up to?

She nudges you & points to the opposite side of where you were. “Look! It’s Suho!”

You drift your eyes from Kai & Lay for a few seconds then turned to whom she was pointing at. You blinked a few times & it was Suho who looked like he was also anticipating Kai & Lay’s performance. (let's just say they danced to this http://youtu.be/2G683h2L9lI)

Music started playing & that was when the crowd started cheering & howling. You just stayed silent & watched the tall & dark one step in front of the other then looked down. 

A few seconds later they start throwing fists in the air & moved to the beat. You felt your mouth open slightly as you saw how crispy & powerful their moves were. You can also hear Hajin squealing beside you while you stood there frozen with your mouth open. The dance moves were sort of familiar for you. You just couldn’t remember when & who taught it to you. You like to dance too but you just do it for fun & for the sake of killing boredom when you run out of songs to practice or dramatically sing along with.

The beat slowed down & the cheering & howling filled the area once again. Your bestfriend was cheering & howling along.

“This is when the real dance party starts!” The tall one yelled & went over a group of girls. It was the same group you saw earlier.

They looked like they were going to faint as they chanted his name. “OMG! KAI! OMG!” So that was Kai. So it only means that the other one is Lay.

Kai then walked to where Suho was & pulled a guy who had caramel colored hair & who was a little taller.

You assume that the guy was named “Kris” since the group of giggling girls chanted.

You felt someone clasp on your arm & dragged you to the center. You looked up & saw Lay. He pulled you close & whispered something to your ear. “Sorry to just drag you out of nowhere but can you dance with us?”

“Yeah, sure.” You nodded. You weren’t sure of what to do. You wanted to panic. No, wait you were already panicking on the inside.

“Great. Try to catch up, okay?” He smiled & his dimples showed up. You felt a little less nervous when he did it & you managed to smile back. He took a few steps away from you & got himself ready.

Since the choreography was too familiar. You tried your best to catch up with them. As soon as you started dancing with them the crowd grew wild. You can imagine Hajin fangirling over you & screaming “That’s my bestfriend killing it!”

You just went with the music. Let your body took over. You weren’t a really good dancer but you danced with Kris, Kai & Lay like you’ve practiced it together weeks or days ago.

You took deep breaths as the music stopped. You saw the crowd applaud & saw the smiles on some of their faces. You walked back to Hajin & she jumped for a hug.

“You are such a good dancer! I taught you well! I’m so proud of you!” She squeezed you tight & almost ran out of oxygen then you part from the hug.

“Wonyi-ah! Wonyi-ah!” Suho came running towards you followed by a group of good looking guys & the three you just danced with.

“You were awesome back there! I never thought you’d do it like that with so much power!” He congratulated you & patted your shoulder. You just let out a nod because you were trying to recall what just happened. You blinked a few times to check if you were just daydreaming. You just didn’t believe how much exposure you had been through.

“Oh. This is real!” You grinned at your realization like a crazy person.

Hajin laughed. “Did you really think what you did was your complete imagination?”

You nodded again smiling at the guys surrounding you.

The guy who dragged you to the center, Lay extended his hand. “You were good! I’m Lay. Sorry for pulling you out unexpectedly.”

You shook his hand. “Wonyi. It’s okay. I almost died. Nice to meet you.” You joked.

The tall one with the dark hair reached for my hand. “Hi Wonyi! I’m Kai.”

“Hi, Kai!” You shook his hand & giggled at how cute he looked like when he smiled.

“Okay! Enough with the hand shaking or y’all might exchange germs. I’ll do the introductions.” Suho interrupted & volunteered to introduce you to the rest.

“Guys! EXO! This is my friend, Wonyi.” He announced as he put an arm around your shoulder.

“Hi Wonyi!” The rest of the guys gave you a warm smile & you felt so awkward for receiving such exposure from a group.

 


 

Okay omg.. This is the first time I've finished a chapter in one night  yaaay cheers  ヽ(^。^)丿 XD