Still No Room For Forgiveness

And The Manly Girl Falls In Love

After kissing each other passionately, Shin Hye looked at Yong Hwa with desire. But her peripheral vision saw a tall and pale guy standing by the door.

"Jong Hyun-ah!" she gasped.

Jong Hyun bowed before giving out a hearty laughter. He was torturing himself again.

"You two are so scandalous," he said as he wiped the tears from his eyes. "Am I not supposed to laugh to see that two teachers, who should be good role models, are in for a hot kiss?"

"Does that matter?" Yong Hwa asked bluntly.

"Ani, Hyung," Jong Hyun replied casually and matter-of-factly. "It's just... our students might pass by the house and... get a glimpse, you know."

"What do they care?" Yong Hwa asked.

But Shin Hye noticed that Jong Hyun's eyes were red. Must be red with crying.

"Ya, that was so sweet!" Jung Shin said, perking up despite the red eyes.

"Ya, I have some ultimatum for the two of you," Yong Hwa said to the two Lees.

Min Hyuk, who was outside nursing his broken heart, stood up and stood by the door to listen to the warning.

"From now on, Shin Hye is my girl," Yong Hwa said.

"Whohoooo!!!!" Jung Shin cheered as he danced cheesily.

"And you, do not call her 'Jagiya' anymore," Yong Hwa told him.

"Wae? It was just for fun," Jung Shin rationalized innocently.

"Geunyang!" Yong Hwa hissed before turning to the vampire guy. "And you, do not call her 'Sweetheart' anymore."

"And what shall I call her? 'Sweetbread?' 'Sweetmeat?'" Jong Hyun joked, earning guffaws from Shin Hye and Jung Shin.

"Ya! Don't call her anything with sweet on it and relating it to yourself!" Yong Hwa threatened.

"Aigoo, this Hyung is such a jealous and greedy man," Jong Hyun replied.

Yong Hwa smirked and hugged Shin Hye. Min Hyuk, meanwhile, turned his back and sat on the bench to ease his mind and heart.

****

The other guys were in their rooms, but Min Hyuk was still staring at the supermoon from above. Because he was a Science teacher, he knew that when the moon is near the earth, there is a great gravitational pull that can create massive tides.

"Min Hyukkie?" a deep feminine voice called him.

He did not turn around even if he knew it belonged to Shin Hye.

"Can we talk?" she asked.

Min Hyuk just shrugged his shoulders and continued looking at the moon. He did not care when Shin Hye sat beside him.

"We had been friends, and I know I had hurt you," she told him. "Now you know that..."

"Yeah, you and Hyung are one sweet couple."

His cold remark bit her to death.

"Mianhae," she whispered. "Can... can we be friends...again?"

"Do you think it is too easy to forgive you?" Min Hyuk asked coldly, his voice raising a bit.

"Min... Hyuk-ah..."

It had hurt her that he did not even look at her as he spoke.

"Don't talk to me," Min Hyuk said stiffly before going inside the house.

Shin Hye bit her lips in sadness because she did not want to lose Hyukkie as a friend.

"Hyukkie... wae? Why can you not accept my sincerity in asking for forgiveness?"

****

Min Hyuk passed by the hallway and listened to the sound of a sad song from a harmonica. Must be Jong Hyun-hyung, he thought. Then, he got inside his room, grabbed his flute, and leaned on the door. Soon, tears fell from his eyes, so he gently squatted and hugged his knees, clutching his flute tightly.

"You can no longer love her, Hyukkie," Min Hyuk told himself, sobbing. "So stop being such a nice guy. There is no such thing as being nice."

As he sobbed on, he let go of his flute, which rolled along the floor. Min Hyuk sobbed and sobbed, feeling the pain of his heart too much.

Unknown to him, Shin Hye was outside his door, listening to him cry.

"I'm... I'm so sorry, Min Hyuk-ah..." she thought as she let tears fall.

She rose her hand to knock at his door, but something told her not to, so she kept her fist away from the door.

 

~~~~