No More Doors

And The Manly Girl Falls In Love

While Jong Hyun and Jung Shin were enjoying the taste of fame, the other three were beginning to retire to their own rooms. Min Hyuk decided to sleep early because he had to accompany Goo-ssaem to the church for the next day. As for Shin Hye, she wondered why her brother had not contacted her for the past few days. Must be busy with work or with his girlfriend.

"I wonder how Eomma and Appa are doing?" she asked herself.

A lot of things were going inside her mind, but all of these were cut the moment she heard someone strumming the guitar. She knew Jong Hyun was not yet home, so it was probably Yong Hwa playing some tunes. When curiosity got the best of her, she got up and leaned to the wall. Not only was her neighbor playing the guitar, he was also singing.

And Yong Hwa was singing to Faber Drive's "When I'm With You."

Yong Hwa was really different from all the other guys she had met, friend or foe. He was someone who could take rationality out of her.

And hearing him singing that song made her want to go insane. His voice, his signature husky voice, was insanely wonderful. So wonderful that Shin Hye did not realize she was biting her lower lip.

"Why does he have to be this...mysterious and hot?" she asked herself. "I am becoming gay, geuchi?"

After singing to the song, Yong Hwa continued plucking the guitar. Shin Hye could no longer hide her desire to go out to him and make him know her interest in him. But she realized that even with her overt interest in girls, the girls never seem to accept her invitation.

"The girls I secretly courted before refused me," she thought. "And Yoo Bi... Yoo Bi, up to now, never saw my true feelings for her. She might have seen through my intentions, but she just passed me by. If I am being too straightforward with this guy next room, he might reject me the way the other girls did to me. Might as well be discreet first."

And she nodded at her plan.

"Be discreet. I don't want him to be scared of me. I want him to like me," she thought as she stepped out of the room.

"What day is it. And in what month?" Yong Hwa started to sing from inside the room. "This clock never seemed so alive..."

Shin Hye knelt then sat on her legs as she listend to Yong Hwa singing to Lifehouse's "You and Me."

"I can't keep up, and I can't back down. I've been losing so much time," he went on.

Shin Hye's eyes sparkled to be near her beloved, so she decided to scoot nearer the door.

****

"'Cause it's you and me, and all of the people with nothing to do," Yong Hwa sang as he strummed his guitar and looking at his chords. "Nothing to lose..."

He was about to sing when he heard a voice singing from outside. The voice was soft and angelic, and his heart began to throb.

"Areumdapda," he whispered as heard her.

He realized that the voice did not belong to Min Hyuk nor Jung Shin, so it must be Shin Hye.

"And it's you and me, and all the other people," he heard her sing. "And I don't know why...I can't keep my eyes off of you..."

By way of confession. He had no idea that she had his eyes on him.

Staring is indeed impolite, but what if that person staring at you had fallen in love with you?

Yong Hwa smiled as his y fringes covered his eyes.

"None of the guys sings with me," he thought as he stood to go near the door. "She can be my singing buddy."

****

Shin Hye realized that the strumming was getting nearer, so she assumed that Yong Hwa was standing near the door, playing for her. Behind closed doors, sound still traveled, enough to create magic for two bored people.

 

Why are the things that I want to say
Just aren't coming out right?
I'm tripping on words
You got my head spinning
I don't know where to go from here

'Cause it's you and me
And all of the people people with nothing to do
Nothing to prove
And it's you and me
And all other people
And I don't know why
I can't keep my eyes off of you

Something about you now
That I can't quite figure out
Everything she does is beautiful
Everything she does is right

'Cause it's you and me
And all of the people with nothing to do
Nothing to lose
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why
I can't keep my eyes off of you and me
And all the other people with nothing to do
Nothing to prove

 

Shin Hye leaned forward so she could sing again her confession to him.

"And it's you and me and all the other people, and I don't know why...I can't keep my eyes off of you..."

Yong Hwa ended the song for her.

"What day is it, and in what month? This clock never seemed so alive..."

 

~~~~