Chapter 4

You're the apple to my eye.

 

It was home room class, their home room teacher walked into the class and realised that Byunghun wasn’t in class.

“Chunji, where is Byunghun?”

“I don’t know”

“Changjo?”

“Me too, I don’t know.”

“Sohyun, do you know where Byunghun is?”

“I don’t know Mrs Kim”

“Very well then, I’ll start off with some announcements. The school will be giving---“

Mrs Kim’s announcement were cut off by Byunghun’s entrance. He was panting so hard when he reached the classroom. “Lee Byunghun, you’re late. A greeting would be good”

“Sorry, I over slept. Goodmorning Mrs Kim”

Byunghun was making his way to his desk when Mrs Kim called his name again. “Lee Byunghun and Lee Chaerin, switch places. Byunghun, bring your things over to your new desk, in front of Sohyun”

“Why?”

“I’ve been receiving complaints that you have been sleeping in each classes so I’ve decided to change your sitting position.”

Byunghun sat in front of Sohyun and glare at her. “What?”

“Just don’t dare to kick my chair when I fall asleep”

“We’ll see”

A few hours passed and it was History class, Byunghun’s favourite class to sleep in. He was putting a book in front of him and his palm at his chin to sleep but in a discrete manner. Sohyun peeked at his side, she took her extra fine pen and poke his back. Byunghun screamed in pain and turn his head “Yah! What was that for?” Sohyun stick out her tongue and when Byunghun was about to stand up, the History teacher called out his name. “Lee Byunghun, what are you doing?”

“Errr.. nothing. I was.. was…”

“Was asking me a question Mr Lee. He wanted to borrow my highlighter.”

Byunghun sat down and turn to Sohyun’s desk “You, how dare you”

“Look, I was just helping you to stay focus in class.” Sohyun said with a smile.

“Both of you still want to make a conversation with each other? Go out of the class, take your chair and carry it above your head”

They both did what they were told and Byunghun said “So much for helping”

“Shut up. This is my first time getting punished all thanks to you!”

“Me? You were the one who started it. If you didn’t wake me up, this wouldn’t happen.”

“You were sleeping Byunghun, SLEEPING”

“Still it was your fault? Or maybe you like me…. So you want to get punished with me? Do you like me?”

“Dream on.”