Chapter 9

Cold as ice

BOM

“So we slept together.” 
From the moment I heard that from him, I knew that the definition of his ‘slept’ was different from mine. 
“literally, jiyong. literally slept together.” I corrected.  

Turning to look over my shoulder, I glanced at the man sitting on his bed with a smirk playing on his lips. 

 why does he have to look so handsome with his i just woke up hair?

Wait, did I just call him handsome? I must be crazy. 

“you find me attractive, I know.” 

The smirk on his face turned into wide grin as if he knew what was on my mind.

How could he? Was I really that obvious to him? 

“You’re so full of yourself.” I said, trying to hide my embarrassment. Out of all things to say why did I ended up choosing the lame words? I should have thought of a snappy comeback instead. I turn my attention to my bag again and pulled out some medicines that I packed. 
Feeling his eyes on mine, I stood across his bed and handled him a medicine for his flu.

“drink this after you eat your breakfast.” 
“thanks, but I’m already fine now.” He said, getting out of the bed.
 When he just walked passed me to pick up his phone from the table and didn’t take the medicine, I followed him and placed it on his palm. 
“i don’t want to take care of a weakling again. So drink this.” I said. 

I had no idea that I would regret calling him a weakling when he suddenly tighten his grip on my hands and pulled me close to him before I could even turn my back. 

“who’s the weakling now?” he asked, leaning to me. 

My eyes widened at his bold action towards me. The tips of our nose were almost touching and I noticed his eyes kept on staring at my lips then back to my eyes again. Our close contact made me nervous as hell, my breath hitched at the sight of him, my chest started to beat faster making me suddenly worried that he might be able to hear it.  And as if he could see right through me, a smile began to form again on his lips that made me wonder what he was thinking. It was unfair that he seemed to know my thoughts all the time but I had no idea about him. For the first time, i felt like I wanted to stop the time, stare at him and keep him close with me. But of course it didn’t happen. Realizations came to the both of us and we both pulled away from each other. Jiyong rubbed the back of his neck as I remained standing across him thinking of what to say.

Oh dear, talk about awkward. 

“uhm, I think we should head downstairs to have our breakfast. I’m pretty sure Mr. Dong min is there.” I said, trying to compose myself. My cheeks flushed when we made eye contacts again but broke it easily. 
“Uh ye-yeah, you go first I’ll just make a call to Seungri.” He said, showing me his phone. I noticed a nervous laugh from him and it kind of made me realized that I wasn’t the only who was affected. Nodding my head, I immediately stormed out of the room. It was fortunate that he didn’t end up going with me or else it would be more awkward. 

Father Almighty, please remind me next time that I should never ever call him a weakling if that’s what triggered his abrupt action towards me. 

JIYONG

Pounding my head repeatedly against the wall, i still couldn’t believe what I just did a while ago to bom. The woman was certainly taken aback by my act and I’ve seen it right through her eyes when I pulled her close to me. I was just planning to that was why when I noticed her being nervous, I smirked pleasuring myself at the sight. But who knew this woman possessed something on her? I knew I was a little bit attracted to her when I woke up and saw her lying close next to me but THAT WAS IT.

Wasn’t it?

“Ugh!” I groaned in frustration as I pounded my head again against the wall. Up until now, even if she wasn’t here with me I could still vividly remember her face and smell her sweet scent that lingered with me. Her beauty was intoxicating and it really took me a lot of self-control to fight the urged of wanting to kiss her right there and then. As much as I wanted her to keep her close with me, I couldn’t do it because I knew that was wrong and I didn’t want to scare her or to change her views towards me.  When we moved away from each other there was a pure awkwardness and I felt more than embarrassed. I almost wanted the ground to just open up and swallow me immediately right on the spot. 

“uhm, I think we should head downstairs to have our breakfast. I’m pretty sure Mr. Dong min is there.”
Her words played in my mind. I knew she said that on purpose just to ease the heavy weird atmosphere between us. 
“Uh ye-yeah, you go first I’ll just make a call to Seungri.” I replied, laughing nervously as I showed her my phone.

 When she left, I felt a sigh of relief and at the same time disappointment when she hastily got out of the room. 
“Ouch!” I winced in pain upon hitting my head quite hard on the wall. “Dammit!” I exclaimed, touching my forehead. The ache took me out from my reverie as I sat down at the edge of the bed rubbing my now red forehead. 
“You deserve this jiyong. You need to go back to your senses.” 

After taking a bath, I decided to go to the dining room since I was hearing giggles coming from that area. When I arrived, Dong min and a woman who was in her mid-30s greeted me. 
“Oh, jiyong finally you’re here.” Dong min said, motioning me to sit down at the vacant chair beside him. 
“Omo, are you okay bom?” the lady suddenly caught my attention when she began patting bom’s back who had her back turned against me. 
Did bom just choked?
I made a mental note to about it later.
Pulling a chair, I sat across bom and neither one of us were talking with each other. I stole a glanced at her and she was eating her bread stuffing with it. No wonder she choked. 
“hey jiyong, this is my wife Hana.” I turned to glance at Dong min hyung who was sitting beside me before I turned to look at his wife who was beside bom. It was the first time I met her since last night.
 “Hi, Ms. Hana I’m kwon—”
“Jiyong.” she interrupted, grinning at me. “You don’t need to introduce yourself. I’ve seen you in newspapers and internet all the time. It’s a pleasure to meet you in person and your beautiful girlfriend.” She added, glancing at bom. 
“Are you okay?” I asked, noticing bom was about to choke again. I tried my very best to suppress the smile that was dying to escape from my lips but I failed. 
“here, drink this.” I said, giving her a glass of water. She noticed my lips quirking up and I gained a glare from her. 
“what?” I mouthed. 
“You two are such a cute couple.” Hana said, watching us.  
I kind of liked the idea that they thought of us as a couple. 
“Aren’t we like that too when we were just the same age as them?” she asked, looking at her husband in a loving way. Dong min hyung nodded his head. “Yeah, except that we were wilder. We just had a one night stand and bam! after that we knew that we were meant for each other.” he said, laughing proudly.
My mouth hung open as dong min hyung openly said that to us. I could see that bom also had the same expression as me.

“Yah oppa! How could you!” Ms. Hana exclaimed. 
“I’m sorry, he’s just kidding. Do you think I’m the kind of woman that will go after that kind of man?” she asked. Bom and I shook our heads for a  NO. 
“I’m sorry, you two should have seen your faces, So priceless!”  dong min said, still laughing at us. 
From the corner of my eye, I could see bom was trying to control her temper. I knew she hated it when someone was making fun of her. Seriously, this girl really doesn’t know how to have fun. 
“Anyway, I always knew that you two are dating even though you keep on denying it last night, especially bom.” he said, looking at us. 
“I think you’ve got the wrong idea—“ 
“We’re really dating each other.” I said, interrupting bom. I knew I would be in big trouble with her after this. I glanced at her and she was giving me a what-the-hell-are-you-saying look. 
I shrugged, “uhm, we’re just like that when we argue.” I paused, smiling at her. 

“You know, because our relationship is a kind of love and hate relation—“

 “!” I winced when I felt someone suddenly kicked me on my knee under the table. I looked at the culprit and bom was glaring at me. Now because of her, Dong min and his wife were giving me a confused look.
Trying to hide the pain, I smiled and continued. 
“Relationship.” I corrected, gritting my teeth. 
“Oh! A love and hate relationship. That’s cute!” hana said. “Now I’m really interested with your love story. Can you please tell us about it? Am I being too nosy? I’m sorry it’s just that we don’t really get much visitors here especially someone like kwon jiyong and bom seems a little bit reserved I want to get to know you too.” 

Now, I could see why Dong min and hana marry each other. Their personalities really matched well. She didn’t even breathe and just went on and on with her talk. 
“honey, how will they be able to tell their story if you keep on talking?” Dong min said, sipping his cup of coffee. I watched them in amusement as they naturally bicker and get along again. 
“so what’s the story?” dong min asked, finally looking at me and bom. 
I really didn’t know what to tell. 
“We don’t really have a romantic story. Our relationship is just so simple.” Bom eyed me with a smug look on her face before she continued.
“when jiyong and I met for the first time at the hotel, he was desperately asking for my number. Of course I didn’t give it to him in one try. My parents taught me to never talk to strangers and I obeyed it. But this man really doesn’t know when to give up. He was persistent, full of passion and just like the first time, he kept on begging, pleading for my number. He even knelt down in front of me with little tears trying to escape from his eyes. He was just so so so so so head over heels of me. I pitied him for trying so hard and he seemed sincere so I just rejec—“ 
“She gave me her number.” I said, interrupting bom. Dong min and hana turned their attention to me. I knew what bom was trying to do. She was trying to make it seem like I was the one chasing her. I noticed her brows furrowed not liking that I interrupted her short fantasy. 
“and then what?” hana asked, her eyes full of excitement. 
“Well, she gave me her number and I texted her. I asked her if she wanted to have dinner and she immediately agreed. On that same night she admitted to me that she really wanted to give me her number and that she was just playing hard to get. Anyway, to make the story short we were both interested with each other and we decided to go out.” 
I smiled at bom who didn’t seem to like my story.

“oh..… wow… that’s fast.” Hana said, chuckling. I wasn’t sure if she really thought that it was true or not although I could clearly hear the doubt on her voice. 
“you started seeing each other just like that, maybe there’s really something that you like about each other. Something that you can’t find with other guys and woman.” she added, shoving a pancake on . 
“Well, ji yong is really a gentleman, he’s caring, at first you’ll think he’s intimidating but he’s not, he’s protective and makes you feel safe, he’s a good father, he stares at me like I’m his world...”
 My heart almost stopped when she smiled at me. It looked so genuine. 
“He was like that at first.” She continued, then the smile on her face was completely gone.  
Just when I thought I was liking what bom was saying, my brows started to form into frown again.
 “what do you mean bom?” I asked, raising a brow. 
“You’ll never know a man’s true personality unless you’ve been with him for a long time. And I started to see the real him. He’s possessive, controlling, demanding, he wants things the way he want it to be, he doesn’t listen to me, he’s so full of himself and he’s—“
“but she loves me despite of that.” I said, cutting her little flight of imagination again.
 “Because she knows that even if she breaks up with me, no one’s going to bear with her personality like me. She always argue with me even in small things, she’s short-tempered, her mood changes so suddenly, she always makes someone worry for her, she gets easily jealous and—“ 
“when did I became jealous Ji yong?” she interrupted. 
“and when did I became possessive bom?” 

Both of us knew that those were not true. We don’t hold any responsibility towards each other. we were just inventing words trying to bring down each other in front of this couple who seriously and undeniably buying everything we said. I wouldn’t even notice that bom and i were glaring until we heard dong min’s voice.  
“Uhm.. wow you guys are really inlove huh?” he said, sarcastically. I watched bom moved her gazed to the man and said, 
“just like what he said, it’s a love and hate.” 

 

“Ouch ouch ouch!” dragging me out of the dining room when no one was around, bom pulled me by my ear as we entered the living room. This woman really had some guts to do this to me. 
I snapped, “Park bom what are you doing!” 
“Oh, I should be the one asking that to you ‘Mr. love and hate!’ What the was that?” she asked.

Oh yes, angry park bom is a cute park bom. 

“what’s funny? don’t you dare grin at me!” 

Faking a cough, I forced myself to hide my smile and turned serious. “What? It’s just a white lie bom.” I said,

“hana seems happy to know that we’re together. I just don’t want to disappoint them.” I added. 

“That’s a bull reason.” 

“Oh wow, watch your mouth lady. That’s not very lady like and it’s not impressing me.” I said, arching a brow.
Suddenly, she scoffed. “Shut up ji yong, trying to impress you is like committing a suicide.” 
“come on, why are you getting so work up? It’s not like we’re dating for real.” I said.
 And suddenly something sink in my mind. “Unless it really bothers you?” 
I glanced at bom and she seemed to be caught off guard. “wha-what!?” she stuttered.
“there must be really something wrong with your head.” She responded, trying to avoid my gaze. i grinned widely enjoying the flustered look on her face. 
“Want to be my girlfriend? For real? huh?”  I teased. 
“No, thanks. I might as well die.” she snorted.
“Ouch.” I said, bringing my hands to my chest. 
“what a jerk, I can’t believe you’re a father when you act like that.” She muttered, rolling her eyes. 
 “did you drink the medicine?” she continued.
Now, that caught me off guard. “sweet, you’re acting like my girlfriend.” I grinned. 
“Shut up! you dimwit.” 
I chuckled. “Yeah, you told me that you don’t want to take care of a weakling again right?” I asked, remembering the moment we had earlier in our room. I noticed her face blushed a bit and that made me somehow realized that we were thinking the same thing. 
“Uhm good. I’ll go now. When are we going to leave?” she asked, trying to change the subject.
“Seungri’s probably on his way here to pick us up.” 
“What? why?” 
Sitting on the sofa, “I don’t know what went wrong with the car but i think there are still muds stuck inside the wheels. And when I tried to start it, it just keeps on shaking. I guess I have to take it to the tire shop once we get home.” I said, grabbing some magazine on the mini table. 
“Is Seungri going to come with us?” 
I flipped the pages of the magazine full of images of hot and y women wearing swimsuits before I responded, 
“hmm yeah, I don’t feel like driving. Why did you ask? You want to be alone with me that much park—”
“please ji yong, you’re being too proud of yourself.”  

DARA

“What’s wrong with this dress? And this make-up? Are you trying to embarrass me in front of the press?!” 
I threw the white Alexander Mcqueen dress on the floor before I sat down on the couch shaking my head in dismay. I watched my stylists picked it up hurriedly and muttered something nervously which I didn’t understand. The press conference for my new endorsement was about to start in just a few minutes and I wasn’t even in the mood to attend to it. My manager seemed to notice the sudden changes in my mood as she told everyone to get out of the dressing room for a moment. I sighed, when she sat next to me with a worried look on her face. 
“Look, I will not ask you what’s wrong with you since I know that you are not going to tell me about it. But I just want to say that I’ve been observing you and you’re not in your usual self these past few days. Throwing the dress that you personally pick? Scolding your stylists? Come on dara, you’re not a rude person.” 
I couldn’t look at my manager’s eyes knowing she was right. I felt sorry and at the same time frustrated. There were a lot of things occupying my mind that I just wanted to have some space to think. But with all these packed schedules I have, I just couldn’t do it. I felt irritated by the fact that I couldn’t express myself and that I had no one to talk to. If only my manager knew that I have a sister then it wouldn’t be that hard to open up with her.  
“I’m-I’m sorry. I just feel really tired these days.” I sighed. 
She patted my shoulder, “I know and I’m not blind to see it that’s why I already canceled all of your schedules.” 
“ what?” I asked, surprised. 
“Don’t give me that look dara. I just can’t stand to see you suddenly losing all your passion. Whatever it is that you are dealing with, I hope you’ll be fine. And if you need someone to talk to, you know that I’m always here for you right?“ She winked, getting up from the couch. I was still eyeing her, but this time I was smiling. 
“Thanks, gummy unnie. And please tell everyone that I’m sorry.”


After the event, I decided to go back to my hotel room. I was lying on the bed just staring blankly at the white ceiling as I thought of Jenny. I had been contemplating whether I should tell it to our father about her but I was afraid that we might lose her again. Knowing her, I knew that she was going to ran away again if we force her to come with us. She must really hated us. She even changed her name to Park bom. No wonder we had a hard time trying to find her. 

“Dara, you will never understand me. My feelings and the things I’ve been through because of you.” 

Tears threatened to escape from my eyes as I remember those words she said to me. She was the only one who made me feel so guilty. Even though I already found her, the guilt inside of me didn’t even decrease. Maybe it would only happen if I tried to bring her back, if I tried to return her to what she was like before. But how would I be able to do that when she told me to act like I don’t know her. 
“I have to think of a plan.” I muttered, sighing. 
Just when I was finally drifting off to sleep, an idea suddenly popped in my head as I immediately pick out my phone from my pocket.  “How could I forget about that? He’s the only person I know that could help me get close to her all the time.” I grinned, calling Ji yong. 
It took almost 5 rings before I heard his voice on the other line. “hey, dara." he casually said. 
"Uhm, hi ji yong!" i responded. There was a short paused before i heard him again. 
"how are you? what's with the sudden call?" he asked. Somehow i get this feeling that i disturbed him from something.  
"uh nothing, i just want to ask if you're free today? let's have lunch." I felt myself getting embarrassed a little by asking him. 
"I'm sorry, i can't make it." he said, obviously turning me down. Maybe he didn't want to be with me especially with all the troubles i caused him. 

"what about next time? i'm here in gangwondo that's why." he explained.

As if he gave me a reason not to misinterpret things, i smiled inwardly. At least he said next time. "O-okay then! and oh please, if it is okay with you could you please bring bom with you?" I asked. 
"Uh-sure. Of course." Even though he agreed, i could visibly hear the confusion on his voice. 
"I just want to thank her personally for helping me last time ji yong." i clarified. 
"Just give me a call when you already get back okay?" i added. 
"Okay then. bye dara." 

BOM
 

While waiting for Seungri to arrive, i decided to just go to the park just across dong min's house. I couldn't stand sitting beside ji yong in the living room knowing he would just find ways to tease me again and again. Seriously, there was something wrong about him. 
As i lay down on the grass under the big tree, my mind drifted to the things that happened last night until this morning. Ji yong was giving me a lot of surprises when it comes to his words and actions. 

i should have left you alone because i was worried for nothing! if only you told me that you were out with your boyfriend then i wouldn't waste my time on you!

You keep me worried when i am not supposed to. 

His words from last night echoed in my mind. Truthfully, i was really taken aback when i heard him say that. Never i imagined that someone like him would be worried for me given the fact that he was my boss and i work for him. but i just took that as a sign of him being a gentleman to me. But his actions, his way of teasing me really got me confused. The things that happened in the room earlier this morning, the pretend boyfriend and girlfriend talk we had in the dining room, how am i suppose to interpret that? was that even flirting? I honestly didn't have any idea of what to do if ji yong kept on giving me mixed signals. I wasn't dense or oblivious not to know these things.  

"I love you, do you love me?" 
"Of course, i love you silly."
 "Then promise me that you'll never leave me."
"I promise to never leave you. Not even death can separate us." 

My eyes popped open as i immediately sat up breathing unsteadily. sweats started to form in my forehead as i recalled the dream. My chest started to hurt as if it was being stabbed repeatedly.

"why?" i muttered, confused. 
"why did i dream of that?"
 

"there you are."  
I looked over my shoulder to see ji yong standing behind the tree. My gazed was just fixed on him. 
"what's wrong? you look pale." he asked, crouching down as his hand slowly reaching me.  
"don't touch me!" 
just like him, i was also surprised by my sudden outburst. I was lost for words and i could see that he was somehow taken aback as he slowly retreated his hand from my face. Forcing a smile, he stood up. "o-okay. Seungri already arrive we need to go."
nodding my head. I watched him as he walked away from me not even looking back. when he was out of my sight that was the time i buried my face on my palms. 

When i went back to the house, i already saw ji yong and Seungri outside the doorstep saying their goodbyes to Dong min and hana. As i get closer, their attentions turned to me. The couple gave me a hug and hana whispered something that really caught my attention. 
"I already know the truth. but even if it's a lie i can see that he has a thing for you."
I just smiled in return. "thank you for letting us stay here. until we meet again." i said, gazing at her.
"Dong min hyung, this is my gift for you." I turned my attention to ji yong who was giving dong min something.  
"what?! this is a ticket to an overseas trip in Paris?!" he exclaimed. hana gasped in surprise. 
"i heard hana's dream is to go to Paris and this is my thank you gift for you guys. " ji yong said. 

"your accomodation, foods, transportation everything you need will be paid by me. you just need to pack up your luggage and leave."

I smirked hearing the way he talked to them. 
"but--"
"no buts dong min hyung, this is a golden opportunity for you to have a vacation. it's my thank you gift anyway." he said. 
Hana suddenly gave ji yong a hug. "Thank you ji yong. I will never forget this and i hope that you'll think of what we talked about."
I noticed a slight smile forming on his lips at what hana mentioned to him. Somehow, it made me curious of what they talked about earlier. 

"Park bom, your seatbelt." 
As i hopped in the backseat of the car, Seungri who was our designated driver, turned to look at me and pointed at my seatbelt. his tone of voice seemed like he was talking to a kid.  
"he's a reckless driver, so if you want to stay alive just follow him." 
at that time, ji yong butted in. he was sitting in the passenger seat buckling his seatbelt too. there was no trace of humor on his voice nor on his face when he said that. he glanced back at me and gave me a wry smile. 

"Ouch!"   
i grimaced when i slammed forward at ji yong's head rest directly hitting my face. I swear, i almost cursed at Seungri who was driving like a maniac. I couldn't even count how many times i hit my head everytime he abruptly stepped on the brake. 
"Are you okay?" i heard ji yong asked. I could hear a slight chuckle escaped form his lips. 
"Do i look okay?" i asked, backing away from the head rest. 
he shrugged, "that's why i'm asking. How would i know? i couldn't even see you." 
i rolled my eyes thinking here we go again, "I am completely fine. Happy now?" i said, sarcastically. 
"Very much. just wanna make sure that you're still recognizable after slamming your face repeatedly against my head rest." he teased.
I rolled my eyes at him and didn't even bother to say something. 
"hyung, by the way dara was looking for you earlier." Seungri suddenly said. 
The mentioned of dara's name suddenly got me interested. As expected, i knew there was something going on between these two. "Yeah, i know." ji yong responded, bluntly. 
"you know?" 

This time, Seungri asked him with an intriguing smile. 

Ji yong just nodded but didn't say anything. 
"What do you think of her hyung? it looks like that lady likes you."
"come on, we're just friends." 
"Aren't you interested in her?"
There was a short paused before ji yong answered, "what kind of man would not be interested in her? she's kind, beautiful and humble." 

I almost wanted to laugh out loud at what he said. This guy named Kwon Ji yong clearly doesn't know who Dara is. i bet he would be surprise if he knew who she really is. 

"So you are?" 
Ji yong didn't respond and just stayed silent. 

"silence means yes." Seungri replied.

"what about now?" he added.
Ji yong shrugged, "i don't know. i've been busy recently and something has been occupying my mind." 

"what about you bom?" 
Seungri looked at me from the rearview mirror before he focused back his gazed to the road. Wow, what was this sudden change of topic. Ji yong didn't bother to talk again after Seungri asked. I wonder if he too, was interested about this annoying panda's question. 
"what about me?" i bluntly threw the same question at him. 
"Have you had a boyfriend before?" 
"No." 
Chuckling, "It figures." he said. 
"live life bom, don't die like a lonely old ." he mocked. 
I snorted, "what a great advice coming from a manwhore." 

"what?!" he exclaimed.

Ji yong suddenly bursted into laughter upon hearing me. i watched him leaned a little closer to Seungri who was i guessed, speechless. "serves you right." he said, patting his friend's back in a comforting manner. Ji yong turned to look at me and i think i noticed his eyes twinkled as he smiled brightly at me. 

After hours of travelling, finally we reached Ji yong's home. When i stepped out of the car i was immediately amazed at the beautiful modern glass house built across me. Never in my entire life i had ever seen a glass house. i could even feel my mouth involuntarily opening and forming a perfect 'O'. 
"close your mouth, you're drooling." 
I snapped as i looked at ji yong who was grinning beside me. I blushed at the sight and immediately picked up the luggages that were resting on my foot. "I'll carry yours just open the front door." he said, snatching the bags from my hand. I didn't protest and followed him. as i walked towards the front door, from the corner of my eyes i could see Seungri watching us intently. i didn't bother to look at him and just proceeded with what i was doing. 
"Daddy!" 
Before i could even hold the door knob, mi young suddenly opened it and came out rushing towards her dad. Her high pitched tone and laughed made me forget that i hit my nose on door. "Are you okay?" Seungri asked, chuckling. 
i rolled my eyes, "this is nothing compared to what happened to me in the car." i muttered. 
the two of us stood in the front steps and just watched the mini reunion of father and daughter. I watched ji yong crouched down to mi young's level and gave her unlimited kiss and tight embraced as he received the same treatment from her daughter. however, it didn't last long for she looked like she was already struggling to get out from his father's possesive embrace. I sighed, thinking how hard it would be for the guys who would end up liking mi young in the future. She owned a very avaracious father. 
"Ji yong-ah!" 
A moment later, we were distracted by a loud voice coming from a woman who undeniably resembled Ji yong. I watched her hugged him and patted his back while looking worriedly at him. 
"Are you okay? you were stranded last night from the storm are you still sick? your dad and i couldn't sleep at all last night 'cause we were worrying about you and you didn't even give us a call and--"
"mom." ji yong sighed, interrupting his mother. "I'm fine." he added. I watched his mother let out a sighed of relief before she turned to my direction and noticed Seungri and i. And just like that, she quickly walked towards us smiling. 
"Seungri! I'm glad you're here thanks for always staying at ji yongs side." she said, patting seungri's back. 
"It's okay mother, you know how much i love you right? and i want to see you too." he responded. 
after talking with Seungri, she turned her attention to me. I stiffened, not knowing what to do with her intrigued eyes. "who is this lady?" she asked, smiling. 
"She's Park bom, mi young's nanny." i looked at ji yong who was walking towards us. He was carrying mi young in his arms. 
"Good afternoon Mrs. Kwon, i'm park bom." i said, bowing politely. 
"Hello bom, Just call me Jin Ae." she smiled, taking my hand for a handshake. Her hands were very warm just like her smile.

when we entered the house, i noticed almost all of ji yong's relatives were there. His Aunts, uncles, cousins and nieces were gathered in the living room having fun. The kids were playing with mi young and it was such a lovely scene to see. She had no one to play in their house but here she looked more livelier. 
Seeing ji yong was chatting with everyone, i took the initiative to carry the luggage instead. 
"let me help you young lady." 
As i was about to hoist the last bag on my shoulder, i felt someone lifted the bag away from my hand. I looked up to see a man same age as Jin Ae beaming at me. 
"Why are you carrying all these alone?" he asked, as he grabbed 2 bags from me. 
i shrugged, "nanny duties?" 
He chuckled. "Oh right, you must be my granddaughter's nanny?" he asked, unsure.
"If your granddaughter is mi young then yes." i said, shyly. 
He chuckled and reached his hand out to me. "I'm Kwon Hyun Su."
"Uhm, I'm park bom, sir." i said, taking his hand. 
"just call me hyun su." he smiled before motioning me to follow him to the guestroom. 

After placing the bags in ji yong's room and thanking Hyun Su, i went back to the guestroom which was just across ji yong's room. Flopping on the soft comfy bed, i let out a sighed and closed my heavy tired eyes. I was about to doze off when i heard the door creaked and opened revealing a little girl in a pink dress. 
"I want to swim in the pool but my dad says i have to look for you first." Mi young said. 
sitting up on the bed, "shall i accompany you to the pool?" i asked, unsure if that was what she wanted. 
she nodded and slowly take steps close to me. "I want to wear my swimsuit." 
"where is it?" i asked. 
"In my room. You should be helping me instead of lying here." she said, sighing. "I don't get why my daddy hired a lazy nanny for me. Daddy should fire you." she added, i tried to hide the smile that was trying to escape from my lips as she talked like grown up to me. 
my brows raised up in amusement. "too bad he can't fire me." i said, standing up from the bed. 
mi young crossed her arms against her chest and as she narrowed her eyes at me. "and why?" 
bending down to her level, i patted her head and smirked. "simply because i am the only one who will not get intimidated with whatever inappropriate tricks you will pull-off kid."
biting her lower lip, she glowered at me then turned to walked out of the room. "Follow me to my room NOW! i need my swimsuit!" she demanded. 
"yes, my lady." i chuckled, shaking my head. 


My ears was hurting so much with all the screams and squeals coming from the kids who were happily swimming in the infinity pool. As i sat down on the pool bar stool, drinking a glass of fresh orange juice, my eyes kept on watching mi young. She was wearing a 1 piece pink swimsuit. Although i made her wear a life jacket that would make her float and safe, i was still worried for her knowing she was frisky. 
I giggled when i watched her bully the boy and threatened him that she wouldn't give him cookies if he didn't give the rubber duck to her. the boy looked defenseless as he handled her his one and only toy. "what a bully kid." i muttered, drinking my juice. 
After a little while, i noticed all the kids were already climbing up from the pool. Wondering if they were already done swimming, i picked up the white towel that was resting on my chair and walked towards mi young who was sitting at the edge of the pool with her legs extending to the water swaying back and forth. 
"Are you done?" i asked, looking down at her. 
without saying anything, she nodded, stood up and walked from behind me. i looked back, turning to face her before i crouched down and covered her with the towel. 

"i'm not done yet." 

before i knew it, a devilish smirk plastered on her face as she pushed me hard enough to lose my balance and instantly fell into the pool. Water entered my nose and my mouth as i felt my body abruptly sinking in the water. Gasping for air, i immediately emerge and stared at the little brat laughing wickedly at me together with the other kids. "serves you right." she said, looking down at me with her eyebrow raised. 
letting out a sighed, "you're actually aware of the consequences after you did this to me right? i'm going to tell you to your father." i warned. 

"Park bom?"
I noticed the horror in her face when we heard ji yongs voice. turning to look over my shoulder, i could see that he was obviously bewildered at what he was seeing. 
"what in the world are you doing there in the pool?"  
i noticed his eyes drifted to mi young and i swear he looked like he was about to explode from anger as if he knew what happened. Before explaining, i decided to rise up form the pool but i ended up landing again as i couldn't support my own weight. 
"hold my hand." 
i looked at ji yong and i noticed his lips quirking up a bit. "come on, grab my hand." he said, extending his arm. 
Even if it was against my will to accept his help, in the end i reached for his hand and he help me pulled up. "you're heavy." he said. 
I rolled my eyes and then looked down at myself. 
"I look like a seaweed." i muttered. 
"now, explain." i eyed ji yong and he was serious again. 
"I slipped and accidentally fell into the pool." i said, brushing my wet hair with my hands. My clothes were soaked and i suddenly realized that i had no spare clothes anymore.
"Tell me the truth bom." he sighed, rubbing his temples as if i was giving him an headache. 
"you want the truth? i'm telling the truth." i shrugged. 
Ji yong just eyed me suspiciously, his lips parted a little as if he was planning to say something but ended up not saying it. 
"You're not the cause of this?" he asked, looking at his very own daughter. 
i looked over my shoulder and noticed mi young biting her lower lip as she shook her head. 
"She's not capable of doing that harsh thing ji yong." i said, still looking at her. 
When i turned, ji yong gave me an amused look. "I know my daughter bom." he said, his voice suddenly stern. 
"I'm her nanny, i know her too."
"you're just a nanny but i'm her father." 
"I know, i'm not taking that away from you." 
Things started to get a little complicated between the two of us as we stood across each other. 
"because if she's the one who did this i want to discipline her." he said. 
"but the thing is, she's not the one who did this and if you're listening carefully, i actually explained to you that i accidentally fell." i said, 
"and why do i feel like we are arguing Ji yong?" i continued.  
"I'm sorry." he said, sighing. 

I didn't say a word and just walked towards mi young. I wrapped her again in the towel noticing she was already shivering from the cold. "Now, if we're done i need to change her clothes." i said, as i carry her in my arms and exited the pool area. 
"You don't have anymore spare clothes with you right?" 
I stopped on my track, not saying anything. He was right, i already used my clothes last night when we got soaked by the rain and this was my last one.

"I'm doing laundry later and dry my clothes." 
"but you don't have dry clothes with you at the moment. You don't want to catch cold while wearing that wet clothes." 
furrowing my brow, "then are you going to lend me yours?" 
"Yes, but not mine. i'll ask my mom to lend you some."  
"Okay." i simply said. 


"Why did you do that?" 
I was changing mi young's clothes when she suddenly spoke. i shrugged, "what do you mean?" i asked, putting a skirt on her. 
"i thought you were going to tell my dad about what i did?" 
after putting her skirt and white shirt, i grabbed a brush and combed her damped hair. 
"it's not too late yet, do you want me to tell to him now?" i asked, suppressing a smile.  
She shook her head and pouted. "No! dad will surely be angry at me." 
i didn't respond and just nodded at her. "Aren't you cold?" she asked, pointing at my drenched clothes. 
"No."
Again, she bit her lower lip before muttering, "Thank you Bom unnie." 
my eyes widened in disbelief upon hearing her say a thank you. It was also the first time she called me by my name. She looked shy as she immediately ran away towards her dolls and played with it in silence. 
I guess falling into the water and saving her from her father gave me a chance to be on her good side. 
"You're welcome."

JIYONG


"mom?" 
I walked towards my mother who was busy cooking in the kitchen. She looked more happy today probably because all of our family members were present. 
"i know what you need."
i raised a brow wondering what she meant. She glanced at me and gave me a wide grin. 
"You saw the whole thing."  she said.
rubbing the back of my neck, i sat on the kitchen counter and grabbed the fresh baked cookies on the plate. "you too?" i asked, shoving the cookie in my mouth. 
"I accidentally saw it. it was pretty entertaining to see." 
I snorted, "no it wasn't. Mi young and bom just lied to me and you know how much i hate liars." 
"but it was a white lie." she defended. 
"A lie is a lie. when you make mistake against someone you have to apologize and pay for what you've done." 
"but she's just a kid and i'm pretty sure mi young will like bom starting from now. thinking the lady just defended her from her own daddy." mom said, winking at me. 
"i still can't believe that mi young did that. I saw her pushed bom and i kind of felt bad. i didn't raise her to grow up like that." 
"You have to understand you child ji yong. she's been with you all these years and she wasn't used to having a woman in the house, she's yearning for you more."
"I know, that's why i'm spending more time with her. that's why i'm here. i just can't tolerate the way she treated her nanny." 
"you seem to care a lot for bom." 
i was caught off guard with what my mother said. "no i'm not. i'm just a little bit worried that she might decide to resign soon if mi young continues with her silly prank. You know how hard it is for me to look for a nanny." 
"but it seems like she's not, i mean she defended your daughter. she's nice, does she have a boyfriend?" 
i furrowed my brows annoyingly at her. "i know what you are thinking."  
"just kidding." she laughed, 
I smirked, "by the way, do you have--"
"I have. i'll lend some clothes to bom." she said, interrupting me. 
"so you were watching us the entire time we were talking?"
"i told you,it was very entertaining to watch. I just wish you noticed what i've seen." she winked again leaving me in wonder. 


"I'm not sure if she'll wear that." i shook my head as i stared at the white floral sleeveless dress my mom was holding.  we were inside her bedroom picking up clothes for bom. I thought she was just going to randomly pulled out some clothes but to my surprise she started digging her whole closet just to find the dress.
"why? it's cute." she responded, eyeing the dress on her hands. 
"mom if you haven't notice, bom was wearing a lose shirt and jeans." 
"so?" 
"that's what she wears all the time. she's a bit tomboyish and that cute dress will really not match her personality and why do you even own that kind of dress? aren't you too old for that?" 
my mother shot me a glare before i stopped talking. "Seriously ji yong i'm not that old yet and besides, this is not mine. i was planning to give this to a friend of mine before however i didn't have the chance." she explained.
"but i highly doubt she would wear that. don't you have a shirt and pants instead?" i asked, thinking the dress was also kind of short. 
"Why are you worrying so much about this ji yong? it's not like you're the one who's going to wear this."
"I'm not worrying mom. I'm just stating the fact." 
"Whatever son. Now, can you please call bom for me." 
"what? why?" i asked, blinking confusedly at my mother. 
"I'm going to let her wear this so she won't refuse." she said, smiling widely. 
I snorted, "bom is different mom. If she doesn't like something she will not like it." 
"she'll like this, Trust me."

BOM


When ji yong told me that Jin Ae was looking for me, i immediately went to her room only to find out that she already prepared a clothes for me. 
"Come in, dear." she said, motioning at me to come inside the room. 
stepping inside, i closed the door and walked a little close to her. Her room smelled nice and i noticed a lot of vases standing on the tables and drawers with fresh flowers on it. 
"Ji yong told me about what happened earlier when you accidentally fell into the pool. Are you hurt?" 
my eyes moved to Jin Ae as she looked at me worriedly. she examined me from head to toe as if i was an object for experiment. i would be lying if i didn't feel uncomfortable at her attention to me.

"Uhm, i'm fine Jin Ae." i said.

I internally sighed when she gazed back at my eyes again. 
"Good." she nodded. "Now, i have something here for you. ji yong also told me that you need clothes right?" 
I nodded. Somehow i didn't like the gleeful smile on her face. 

"Uhm yeah, an old shirt and jeans is okay if you--" 

"This dress will look good on you!" 
my brows shot upwards when she interrupted me as she showed a sleeveless floral dress that was resting on her bed. 

"don't you like it?" 

The way she looked at me with her  pitiful eyes made me reconsider my thoughts of saying i very much dislike the dress.

"I'ts pretty, but i don't wear that kind of clothing Jin Ae." i said, trying to stop myself from frowning. 
"Why? it'll look good on you." she said, extending her arms towards me as she hold the dress.
I uncomfortably stared at the dress and grimaced at the thought of wearing it. I wanted to say no but i was worried she would see me as an arrogant person. Afterall, i was at their house and she was trying to help me by lending me her clothes. It would be too to disrespectful if i reject her. 
"don't you really like it?" 
I groaned internally by seeing her facial expression. I could see she was hoping for me to say that i like the stupid dress. Letting out a sighed, i grabbed the dress from her and nodded my head. A wide smile formed on her lips as she motioned me to change in the bathroom immediately.

I began to undress myself with a heavy heart and slid on the dress. I was surprised that it actually fit. I was uncomfortable with the way it felt on my body, my legs and my arms were showing my skin.  I felt exposed even though it wasn't that short or provocative. minutes later, i walked out of the bathroom and Jin Ae was grinning at my direction.
"Look how lovely you are!" she exclaimed. 
I snorted and faked a smile at her. 
"Oh, you don't believe me?"  she asked, seeing my unhappy expression. "turn to your right and look at yourself." 
I awkwardly glanced to my right only to find the reflection of myself in the full lenght mirror. Instead of getting irritated at what i saw, i was actually quite pleased. i thought i would look funny but i wasn't. 
"it's not bad." i muttered. 
"Yeah, you look pretty."
"thanks for this Jin Ae, i'll make sure to give this back to you immediately." I said, glancing at her. 
"no, take it. It's yours now park bom." she responded, smiling. 
"No, i can't take this." 

"No, please take it. I am supposed to give that to my daughter-in-law before but as you can see, she's not with us anymore." she explained, smiling weakly at me. 

"but Jin Ae this is.."

"Come on, it's just a dress bom and besides, you really suit this one. If you really don't like it then burn it when you reached home." 

letting out a sighed, "okay, i'll take this."

A smile crept on her lips once again, "i knew you're gonna take it!" she chirped. "Now, you need to go out of this room and take care of my granddaughter." she said, playfully pushing me out of the room.

Seeing no one was in the living room, i went out at the backyard garden and saw the Kwon family gathered in the patio while talking and laughing together. stopping on my track, i stood in the front glass door and looked for mi young. She was playing tug-of-war with her playmates who i assumed were her cousins. She was very amusing to watch seeing a little girl like her was giving her best to pull the roped from the opponent. 

"bom?" 

I was distracted when a hand suddenly landed on my shoulder making me jerk in surprised. turning to look at the person, i saw Ji yong looking a bit astonished. I faced him fully and arched a brow wondering why he was staring at me like i just grew a second head. i noticed him staring at me from head to toe and it suddenly sinked in my mind that i was actually wearing a dress that probably caught his attention. I felt my face heated up when he stopped and just stared at me with a smirk.

"i almost didn't recognize you. You look awkward." he grinned. 

"And you're a creep." i snorted, "don't just randomly touched my shoulder, i almost gave you an uppercut." i added.

"really?" he asked, tilting his head to the side. I almost stopped breathing when he started to laugh.

"I was just kidding." he responded. "You look great bom." he added, giving me a thumbs up.

i frowned, noticing his eyes moving to my head down to my well, if i wasn't mistaken, to my legs.

"will you stop checking me out? you're creeping me." I said.

For a second, he looked amused and he smirked. "You know, if you wear something like this everyday i might consider dating you." 

"you know, if you keep on saying useless things like that, i might consider punching you."

giggling, Ji yong shook his head as he rubbed his chin. "but how did my mother convinced you to wear that? i mean, you don't wear that kind of clothing right? you always wear big shirts, pants and sneakers. sometime you almost look like a tomboy to me rather than a girl." 

"First of all, i am in your house and she's your mother and she's a lot older than us. How am i supposed to reject her?"

"You can just say no." he shrugged.

"that's disrecpectful. I don't want to appear rude."

"Park bom, if i'm not mistaken you're a rude person and disrespectful too."

scowling, "i'm not!" 

"See? you are being rude right now. How could you raise your voice to your own boss? that's really disrespectful." he smirked. 

I rolled my eyes at him then crossed my arms against my chest feeling defeated. 

"Anyway, your mom also told me that she was suppose to give this dress to your.. uhm.. wife." my voice was almost a whisper when i said that. I watched ji yong's expression and it was blank. his lips pressed into a thin hard line. 

"i didn't know that." he said. 

"really?" i asked, surprised.

he nodded, "yeah, did she tell you something else?" he asked, curiously. 

i shook my head. "no, but she told me that i should just keep this but if you don't want me to take this with me then i can just leave it--"

"No, take it. no one's going to use it anyway. my mom's too old for that thing and it suits you." he said, interrupting me. 

We both stood across each other running out of words to say. "do you want to come over there?" he asked, pointing at his relatives sitting on the couch. I was getting a bit hesitant knowing i wasn't really sociable but ji yong grabbed my wrist.

"come." he said, pulling me.

I stayed in my position and he noticed me not moving. "shall i carry you instead?" he smirked.

I rolled my eyes, "stop fooling around and i don't want to go there."

his brows shot upwards as he let go of my wrist, "why?" 

"that's your whole family and i'm a nanny. I will not fit in there and i'm pretty sure you guys are just going to talk about business stuffs and how to mount up your money and probably you're going to also talk about the future of your kids as the inheritor of your wealth which is a bit disappointing because basically, their future is already planned out for them as soon as they were born and it's just sad 'cause they don't have a choice i mean it would be nice if as a parent, they would--" 

stopping my talk, my eyes slowly widened in horror as i slowly realized what i was saying. Ji yong was frowning but there was a smile tugging his lips which made me a bit at ease knowing he wasn't angry. 

"wow, you have a quite unique imagination." he chuckled, shaking his head. "you should be a writer or something." he continued. I felt myself blush in embarrassment. 

"don't rich people always do that?" i asked.

"well, we do talk about business sometimes but we don't talk about it the entire time. That would be so much boring.  and regarding with our kids, we don't force them to follow our steps bom and you're wrong about their planned future. As a father to my child, i won't let her do something that she doesn't like." 

I felt a slight of pain in my chest when i heard ji yong. When he talked about mi young, i could see how much he loved her. The look on his face was the one i didn't see in my father. When i was still living under his rules, i always abide him and whenever there was a gathering like this, it was always about his business. I felt pressured because everyone knew that i was the heiress of our company everything was planned, everyone was watching my move and i felt so suffocated.  It felt so unfair seeing Ji yong  was blessed with a real family. Jin Ae was nice to me, Hyun Su was kind to me. And ji yong somehow made me feel a bit special with every compliment and teasing remark he would say. Mi young on the other hand was slightly giving me a chance to get close to her and i felt eveyrthing was new to me. These feelings that i never thought i would feel again was slowly coming back. Through these years i surrounded myself with hatred because i was hurt from my past. I gradually put up wall to protect myself again but this person in front of me was slowly trying to soften and change me without him knowing. 

If there's such thing as changes can someone truly change? what if hatred had already consumed a person's personality and heart? would someone be willing to change it? They say when you get hurt, it will turn to bitterness. But what if. . . . just what if someone suddenly came into your life and somehow managed to crack the wall you put up so hard to hide your true self. what would you do?