pda | lay

Twelve Kisses || Collection

 

note: Let's enjoy 2013 together~

 

[ twelve kisses | pda ]

 

Hey, Yixing-hyung?”

 

Yixing glared at the small group of people surrounding you, his girlfriend of nearly two months now, gritting his teeth when a new wave of animosity rolled over him.

 

Yixing-hyung?”

 

Gege!

 

Yixing jumped at the loud call that rang in his ear, swinging reflexively at the source.

 

Whoa, whoa!” Good thing Zitao was well-trained in his wushu because the younger boy was able to dodge the whizzing blow. In his shock, the remark came in swift, mashed Mandarin. “Yixing-ge! What's wrong with you?!

 

Oh!” Yixing jumped away, pulling his arms into his body with a groan. “. Sorry, Zitao.”

 

Jeez, hyung, you almost took Tao's head off,” Chanyeol said with a snort of laughter, patting said boy on the shoulder. “Seriously, what's the matter?”

 

In the midst of Tao's blubbering argument about he-didn't-even-get-close, Yixing just sighed and rubbed a hand over his face. “I'm fine.”

 

Tao rolled his eyes. “Don't lie, ge. You swung at me. There's something wrong.”

 

Well, Yixing had to give him that one. It wasn't Tao, either. He glanced back to where you were giggling with Minseok and Luhan. God, he never took himself as the jealous type, but something about the sight definitely had his jaw clenching. Like you felt the fire in his eyes, you turned to look at him, your smile widening.

 

Yixing tried to school his features into a softer expression, anything to mask the anger broiling under his skin. He read your lips mouthing 'hi, Yixing' and responded to your accompanying wave with a halfhearted one of his own.

 

Ah~ It's noona?” Tao murmured before sending a smile your way too.

 

Yixing sighed. He wasn't even sure if he could say that. It wasn't you, exactly, but just some things you did. Or didn't do, to be more precise. For the past two months, Yixing had picked up on minor details of your behavior that made absolutely no sense. You had a way of avoiding public displays of affection.

 

Whenever Yixing would try – something simple like hugging you from behind or giving you a peck on the cheek – you would always duck casually away from him... or untangle his arms from around you... or, in more extreme cases, just walk away completely.

 

Before, Yixing was able to ignore it because you did initiate skinship a lot – linking your arm around his, playing with his hair, sitting in his lap, kissing him... Except only when the two of you were alone or with close friends. Admittedly, Yixing was too blinded by the new feelings that came with your relationship that he never noticed you didn't like to do any skinship in public. Ever.

 

But now he was well-aware. And it made him angry.

 

It's because she doesn't like to kiss you in front of people, isn't it?”

 

Yixing tuned back into the quiet conversation at the perfect time. It was like Chanyeol was reading his mind, vocalizing the exact source of his resentment with startling accuracy. “What did you say?”

 

Chanyeol's deep laughter stopped abruptly. “Huh?”

 

What did you just say?” Yixing hissed under his breath, his annoyance rising to another degree. Did everyone notice?

 

Hyung... I was just-” Chanyeol held his hands up. “-kidding! I was kidding!”

 

Why would you say something like that?” It was hard to keep his voice under control; he could hear it shaking. God, he was never usually this ill-tempered.

 

Gege...” He felt the hand Tao placed on his shoulder, and it took some effort not to shrug it off. “W-we didn't mean anything by it.”

 

Then why would you say it.”

 

It was no longer a question, and judging from Chanyeol's gulp, he noticed. “Hyung...”

 

Yixing set his drink down on the closest flat surface, standing with a grimace. “Everyone knows, don't they?”

 

Gege, don't-

 

Don't what, Zitao?” Yixing grated. “I'm not doing anything that's uncalled for.

 

---

 

Yixing walked towards you with the most intimidating look on his handsome face. His features were tense, and his eyes blazed with what looked like fury. You felt the rush of panic jolt you to your feet, interrupting the joke Luhan was making. Everyone at the small party seemed to notice because Luhan going quiet was the first domino that started the cascade of uncomfortable silence that swept through the room.

 

Y-Yixing?” you croaked, holding a hand out to reach for his automatically.

 

He took it, but with more force than you were used to seeing from him. He used it to yank you into his body, catching you with a grunt. You caught around his torso to steady yourself, but before you could even voice your worry, you found your words interrupted. Your breath caught on a gasp that was swallowed up by Yixing's mouth crashing roughly over yours.

 

He tucked his arms tightly around you, pulling you as close as physically possible as he swallowed your noises of surprise into what was possibly the fiercest kiss you'd ever shared. You wanted to fight, especially because you realized that all eyes in the room were suddenly focused on you two, but the way Yixing molded his mouth over yours and pushed his tongue past your lips to drag over every inch of your mouth made your knees weak. Your eyes slipped closed, your hands tightening around the material of his sweater as you let out a soft sigh.

 

Yixing pulled away with a of his lips, smirking down at your dazed face. Your eyes were glazed over, your mouth parted and lips rosy from his kiss. Good, he thought with a vicious rush of possessiveness.

 

You were just opening your eyes when the clapping started, loud and raucous. The catcalls and whistles started up in perfect harmony. Your eyes shot open with shock, the color in your cheeks intensifying in a split second. One moment, you were wrapped contently in his arms, and the next you were shoving against his chest and making a dash for the door.

 

___!”

 

---

 

___, wait!”

 

What the hell is wrong with you, Yixing!”

 

___! Stop!”

 

God, are you serious?! Do you enjoy making a spectacle out of me, or something, because let me tell you, I-”

 

You whirled around, trying to make a point by meeting his eyes, but you weren't expecting him to still be running at you full-force. With a shout and a squeal, the two of you went tumbling down onto the wooden floors of the otherwise quiet hallway with a dull thud. , your hand went up to feel your head, only to meet his hand already cradling it.

 

Sh-, are you okay?

 

It took a few seconds to blink away the dizziness, but you managed to stabilize your vision enough to stare up at him and nod. “I'm fine, Yixing.”

 

As carefully as he could, he guided you up into a sitting position with gentle hands, frowning as he surveyed your form for any other injury. “I'm so sorry, ___. Really sorry...”

 

Disoriented, you shook your head slowly. It was hard to remember what he was apologizing for at the moment, so you just took his offered hand as he helped you to your feet and held you around the waist while you gathered your wits. He was mumbling something in rushed Mandarin, only bits of which you could really pick up. Something about kisses, and getting annoyed, and public displays of affection.

 

The realization clicked in so violently, you swatted at his chest. “I can't believe you!”

 

He looked shocked at your sudden outburst of hostility but didn't shy away from the beating. “I know, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do it. I don't know what came over me. I guess it just finally got to be too much. I just didn't understand.”

 

Understand what, Yixing?”

 

Why you never like skinship when we're in public.”

 

Your hand froze in midair, stopping in the middle of thumping against his chest again. Stunned silent, you just let your mouth hang open.

 

I still don't understand, actually... Why don't you, ___? What is it?”

 

Yixing...”

 

He felt a little like his stomach was going to fall out, especially from the way you were just gawking at him like he was some kind of alien. But he needed an answer, even if he didn't like what it was. “Just tell me. If you don't wanna be with me anymore-”

 

No!” you gasped, hands slamming down onto his shoulders a little too forcefully. At his wince, you sighed. “S-sorry. But no, Yixing. Th-that's not it at all...”

 

Then what is it, ___? Because I'd be lying if I said it doesn't make me mad.”

 

Well, there was a possibility he was going to be livid when he found out the reason. It was starting to bother you how trivial it sounded, but there was no helping how you felt. And though you'd been meaning to have a discussion with Yixing about it for some time now, it just never seemed like the right time to bring it up. Although if you'd known it would lead to this...

 

It's gonna sound kind of... petty...”

 

His forehead scrunched with confusion. “___, if it matters enough to bother you, then it's not petty.”

 

I-it's just...”

 

At your hesitation, he leaned down, touching his lips to your nose with a small smile. “Whatever it is, I'm sure we can fix it.”

 

You closed your eyes, refusing to meet his gaze as you sighed. “Fine. I don't like to be too public about us because I'm scared you- scared that I-” A deep breath. “I'm... worried that you don't want to be seen being too affectionate with me in public...”

 

The confession hung in awkward silence between you for a long time. Even when Yixing finally spoke, it wasn't at all what you were expecting. “That's why you won't kiss me in public?”

 

A blush erupted across your cheeks, and you struggled to get away from his hold. “I told you!” you whined, trying in vain to shove him away. “Let me go! I'm going home!”

 

No.” You squeaked when his arms squeezed even tighter. “Baobei, that's just... silly...

 

You could tell from the amusement in his voice that he wanted to use another word, and your retort came out as an indignant hiss. “You said it's not petty if it bothers me, you !”

 

Yixing laughed, snapping his teeth at you. “I didn't say it was petty, ___. I said it was silly of you to think that.”

 

Same difference,” you growled. “I'm so sorry it matters to me that my boyfriend is practically freaking famous on campus.”

 

___.” He pulled your chin up, guiding your face until you were nose-to-nose. “Have I ever said or done anything to give you the idea that I'm ashamed of us? Because if I have, tell me. I'll get on my knees and apologize.”

 

You winced guiltily. “W-well... N-no...”

 

Then why would you ever think that?”

 

I-” You wanted to sob. You couldn't explain the insecurity because it wasn't exactly all rational, but it didn't mean you felt it any less. “I don't know.”

 

Baobei...” He smiled when your eyes slipped closed, letting the words flow in his natural tongue, slow and hushed. “I am proud of this relationship. I want to show you off, to everyone I possibly can. I want everyone to know that the beautiful girl at my arm is mine, and I'm lucky to have her...

 

You blinked up at him, unsure how to answer. “Yixing...”

 

So there's no reason for you to feel like that at all...” He pressed a soft kiss to your forehead. “I mean, obviously, I was the one who kissed you in there, right?”

 

At the reminder, your cheeks flamed all over again. “I still can't believe you did that!”

 

He chuckled, shrugging away from your weak hits.

 

Hey, you guys! Come back in here! Countdown time!”

 

You both turned at Luhan's enthusiastic voice, suddenly remembering where you were. “Oh! New Year's!”

 

Yes, New Year's!” Baekhyun called with a laugh. “Now get in here!”

 

Less than a minute!” someone screamed from inside the apartment.

 

Come on!” Luhan and Baekhyun shouted at the same time before disappearing back into the party to enjoy the wild cheering with everyone else.

 

Yixing began dragging you back, and you were in the middle of a giggle when he pushed you up against the wall right beside the wide open door. You made a noise of surprise and looked around at those standing nearby; Wu Fan and Junmyeon were the only ones paying any attention, but they were quick to look away at Yixing's smirk.

 

The countdown was just starting past twenty when Yixing grabbed you by the chin and tilted your head towards his. “This new year, I'm taking every advantage possible to kiss you in public,” he muttered, making a point to brush his lips over both your blushing cheeks. “And I think this is the perfect start, don't you?”

 

The chanting would've drowned out anything you said anyway, so all you did was nod.

 

Ten! Nine! Eight!”

 

You wound your arms around his neck, smiling as his mouth paused to hover right over yours. His breath tickled your lips as he called out the rest in quiet Mandarin. “Five, four, three...

 

One.”

 

You were the one that tugged him down the last few centimeters, your lips meeting for a perfectly sweet kiss. It didn't matter that everyone was around; it didn't matter if anyone was looking. The important thing was, he was kissing you like you were the only one that mattered.

 

Against your lips, Yixing gave an adorable dimpled grin. “Happy New Year, ___.”

 

---

 

end note: Yay~ Thanks for reading! Happy, happy new year! (づ ̄ ³)New Year's kisses for everyone! xD ♥