Air...

The Story of a Broken Dragon

AN: Hi guys ^^ Uhh, actually today I wasn't sure if I wanted to update but I sort of want to advertise. And I won't ever do it without posting a chapter with it, I can assure you. So pwease, check out my new fic, Living the Past *puppy eyes* It's actually JongKey, but I might add some GTOP now and then. I didn't write it as GTOP since I kinda feel like I've been neglecting my JongKey fics xD And I can't write 'normal' fics, so it's a fantasy xDDD


"Sh, love..."Seunghyun whispered after some time. He was rocking his tiny mate back and forth, trying to soothe the boy. He had never seen anyone cry like this. Jiyong seemed so.. miserable. It broke the demon's heart just to look at his little angel. And he couldn't do anything. Whatever he did, the boy wouldn't calm down. He would always try to continue his story, but every time, he would fail, shaking even more.

A tear slid down the demon's face, surprising even himself. His kind rarely ever cried. But the heart-wrenching sight of his tiny boy, sobbing more and more filled his heart with great agony. He had actually told the boy to stop, that it was okay before, but Jiyong wouldn't listen to him.

"Neck..." The tiny dragon whimpered, his voice faint and barely coherent. Even Seunghyun had to strain his sharp ear to hear that little world. "Hands..." Jiyong drew in a quick breath, his whole body tensing as those cruel, cruel memories flooded his mind. He let out a strangled gasp, feeling those cold hands wrap around his neck.

He knew that what he was seeing and feeling weren't true. He knew that Seunghyun, his true mate, the one that loved and protected him, the one that he loved with all his heart was with him... Yet his mind was gradually pushing those thoughts away, making him feel like on one of those they he almost died. He could hear his mate's worried calls, he could hear his soft, soothing voice... And he could feel Seunghyun rub his back. But... was the demon real?

He didn't care, because whether he was or not, at least the illusion of him was aiding Jiyong.. But.. the couldn't breathe. He couldn't, because that horrible, terrifying memory seemed more realistic than his mate's voice or touch. For a brief moment, as he was gasping for air feeling a claw scratch his neck before the hands tightened around his pale neck, he wondered if Seunghyun was truly with him. He highly doubted it. His angry, cold voice told him that no one loved him. That he was an ugly, ed up child. That he wasn't needed.

"Air..."Wheezed the boy again when the hands from his neck wouldn't disappear. If anything, their hold had only tightened as he tried to reach up and push their owner away, but he didn't have any strength. It was getting harder and harder to make some air enter his lungs,, sometimes he wouldn't even succeed, only gasp like those fish he would often mock when he was small. Sometimes, a small amount of much-needed oxygen would enter his lungs, relieving some of the burning pain that he had barely noticed before... It was getting worse and worse, causing tears stream down his face.

His eyes were only half-open, yet he could see weird, colorful spots dance in front of his vision. One of those weird spots was oddly shaped like a familiar demon. It even seemed like his voice came from that thing. Jiyong wanted to giggle at the though bitterly, but the only sound that left his dry, parted lips was a strangled cough as he realized that barely any air would ender his lungs now...

He knew what was coming, since this had happened before. He waited for those hands to pull away, and he almost anticipated the pain as he would be kicked into the wall, breathing heavily as much needed oxygen would fill his needy lungs.

Vaguely, he could feel a hand on his back, hitting it, but the grip around his neck wasn't going away. He tried struggling, crying out, begging for Seunghyun to help him, but his mate didn't come... And the pain wouldn't disappear... Slowly, he felt a rush of air fill his lungs... He had no idea where it was coming from, since he had stopped breathing moments before.

His eyes slipped shut, but he was still conscious. Or at least he thought so. He felt a gentle touch on his cheek and a soft voice whisper into his air. It was deep and familiar. A voice he loved... "Breathe... love, please..." The end of the sentence was barely audible, and not soon later, he felt some more air enter his lungs.

He heard the voice again, begging him to breath. He wanted to.. The voice was so beautiful but so... heartbreaking... He felt something wet fall on his cheek as he gasped for air, willing those hands that were around his neck go away. Because they voice was telling to do so..

The pain gradually left and moments later, Jiyong's heavy eyes fluttered open. It hurt so much to breath, yet he wanted to do what the voice had told him.

"Jiyong... Oh god baby!" He heard his mate's raspy voice as those weird spots were once again clouding his vision. His head hurt a little as he tried to make out where his mate was.

"S...Seunghyun..."He whimpered, the mere word causing so much pain as his throat felt like it was on fire. He blinked a few tears away, desperately wanting his vision to clear out finally. He wanted to see if the demon was truly there.

"Sh, baby, I'm here... It's okay love..."He heard those soothing words and felt a tiny, sad smile tug at the end of his lips as he was pulled into those familiar arms. Gradually, he became able to make out his surroundings. Everything was still a bit foggy, but if he pulled away for a moment, he could see his mate.

"What happened?" The younger asked, his voice so weak he was afraid that Seunghyun wouldn't hear him. He felt his mate caress his hair gently, and felt a pair of lips on his temple before he finally heard the answer.

"It seems like something had triggered a memory in your mind... You started wheezing and whimpering, but I couldn't wake you up... I... I'm so sorry..."Seunghyun's voice broke as he held his tiny mate tightly... He had almost lost him... And it hurt... so much...


AN: Okay, so the dramatic 3-chapter past-talk is finished:D Uh... I hope that I managed to express how confused and weak Jiyong was. He practically had a panick attack, reliving a very bad memory. I... I dunno if it's kinda foggy or not, I'm not in my best mood and my mouth hurts so I dunno..xDD