Classes with Him

A Bit Too Close

Krystal

 

Because my stupid sister officially introduced me to Taemin-shi, my teacher assigned me to be his tour guide. Right then, I thought I would've been better off six feet under. However, I really liked Ms. Seohyun, so I agreed to be his tour guide.

"Krystal, where's the piano room?" I heard him ask.

"Ah, you're going to piano too, Taemin-shi?" I asked him.

He nodded his head. "Yeah. I think Onew Hyung said I have the same schedule as you except while you have Voice, I have Dance."

My jaw dropped to the floor. "You're kidding."

Taemin-shi laughed. "Not at all, Miss Jung." He put his right arm around me.

I squirmed, trying to get out of his grasp. Either he didn't want to let me go, or he had a really tight grip. Probably the latter. I mean he barely knows me so why would he want to keep me near him?

"Oh, hey! I think we're here," he said happily and slid his arms off me to open the door.

I breathed a sigh of relief. The contact made me feel really uncomfortable. I took a deep breath and walked through the doors of my piano class.

"Quiet down, class," my teacher said. "Quiet down."

"Now, as you know, this is the first year this school has added piano to the electives." A loud applause circled around the room. "Therefore," he continued,"we have to make sure that we are exceptional so that this class will be here years after you guys. Understand?"

"Yes, sir," the class chorused.

The teacher smiled. "Good. Now, there are not enough pianos for each of you, so you will each be sharing it with someone. I already have the list, so don't get too excited. Now..."

I tuned out on him. I honestly didn't care unless I was paired up with someone that touches me, such as... "Lee Taemin and Jung Krystal."

No. Way. I just heard that wrong. It can't possibly be me with him, right?

"Miss Jung?" I heard my teacher say. "Did you hear me? I told you you're partner is Mr. Lee Taemin, and you guys's piano number is 7."

I relunctantly grabbed my binder and moved to piano 7.

"Hello, again, madam," he greeted me. He put his arms around me, once again. "Seems like we're meant to be, doesn't it?"

I cautiously grabbed his hand and untangled myself from his grasp. "No, it doesn't."

Taemin-shi chuckled. "Well, well, well. Isn't someone uptight?"

I took a deep breath and tried not to scream in his face. "Look, Taemin-shi. We are just coincidentally in the same class, sitting next to each other. Meant to be? Not even. I don't believe in fate or destiny."

He raised an eyebrow. "Oh? Then what do you believe in?"

"I believe that you have to create your own future. That you have the power to create your own destiny. Fate? Bogus. Destiny? Why follow a path that someone else paved, when you can pave one yourself?"

"Touche´," he agreed.

 


 

When I got to voice class, I felt like I could finally breathe. Because of the Lee Taemin-shi guy, I had to be uncomfortable about 99.9% of the time during school. Now, I hated school and I didn't want to go. All because of him.

I put my backpack down on my seat and started to warm up my vocal chords. "Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah~" I sang this scale a couple times, each higher than the other. When I finally thought I would crack. I stopped.

Students were staring at me in awe. I blushed at the attention. Was I really doing it that loud?

"Well, I see we already have a professional. Let's all give Krystal a big round of applause," my teacher, Ms. Taeyeon announced.

I blushed at the amount of praise I was getting. "T-thank you."

Ms. Taeyeon nodded. "Alright. Now, we will be starting off with easy songs. First song: 'Mary Had a Little Lamb.'"

"You've got to be kidding me, Ms. T!" A student yelled out.

"Yeah!" another cried out. "'Mary Had a Little Lamb?' My 2 year old sister can sing that!"

"You guys didn't let me finish. I will randomly pick people to do soprano, bass, harmony, or just plain 'ol singing. It will be in rounds, also. Krystal, you are soprano. Be sure to lead them, alright?" she winked at me.

"Sopranos will be starting the round. The singers will then join in. After them, the bass, then the harmony," Ms. Taeyeon announced. "You all got it?"

"Yes, Ms. Taeyeon," we told her.

She nodded in approval. "Alright. A one, a two, a one, two, three, four."

"Mary had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb," the sopranos had started to sing. At first, I was a bit shy, but then I remembered what Ms. Taeyeon had told me. Be sure to lead them. I breathed in deeply and began to sing the best I could.

When we finished, Ms. Taeyeon gave me a little "thumbs up."

 


 

"Hey, Krys. How was your day?" Amber asked me.

"In one word? Tiring," I replied back.

Amber rolled her eyes. "Don't tell me it's because of that new kid. Is he giving you trouble? Should I beat him up for you?"

I laughed bitterly. "No, he just keeps touching me. And he's too lively. Like where does he get all the energy?"

This time, Amber laughed. "Dude, you've got to chill. You're mad because he touches you? It's not like he's touching you in wrong areas, so chill. Plus, the world needs a couple lively people."

"Oh, shut up, Amber."

"Wow, Miss Jung can be mean," I heard a mascular voice say.

I looked up from my lunch to see the only Lee Taemin in front of me, with my sister and Onew with him. "Sica Unnie..." I growled.

My sister just rolled her eyes. "Give it a rest, Soojung. Onew and I will sit with you guys too."

Onew nodded his head in agreement and happily sat down and took a bite of his huge chicken leg. Only Onew Oppa would be eating a huge piece of chicken at lunch. He's a chicken maniac.

Amber looked from me to Taemin, who had a goofy grin on his face. "So this is who you got mad at, huh, Krys?" she whispered. "You know, he's kinda cute." She winked at me.

I gave her a disgusted face. "Ew, Amber, that's gross. Don't even go there."

She lifted her arms in surrender. "Hey, just pointing that fact out there."

I ignored her and continued to eat my lunch.

"Hi, I'm Luna, and this is Sulli and Victoria. Who are you?" I heard Luna ask Taemin-shi.

He looked up at them and smiled. "Hi. My name's Taemin. It's nice to meet you."

"You too," they replied back.

For some reason, Sulli looked a little red. Was she hot or something? Why was her face so red? I shrugged it off and continued to eat my lunch as everyone else conversed with each other. Sulli and Taemin-shi hit off pretty well.

"Hey, Baby Krys," my sister called me. I rolled my eyes at the nickname. "Do you mind if I go to Onew's place after school to study?"

I rolled my eyes. Like they'd be studying. "Yeah, yeah. Sure. I'll just take the subway."

Onew Oppa's eyes widened. "NO! Taemin told me what happened this morning. You are not taking the subway alone. Nuh uh. No way."

Everyone else looked at me confused. I fixed my eyes on my lunch as Onew Oppa retold the story of this morning. When he finished, my friends and my sister all gave me a huge hug.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Sulli asked.

"I didn't think it was important," I replied.

"Not important?!" Victoria screamed in my face. "You almost got , Soojung!"

Now I was a little scared. We called her Vic Umma for a reason. Also, she only called us by our real names when she's really mad or worried. But besides her, there was one person that I was really scared for: my sister.

"Baby Krys, you should've told me," Sica Unnie said. I could hear the worry and the hurt in her voice. It immediately made me feel guilty for not telling. Only my sister had this affect on me. "Hey, I could take you home today, Krys. Onew wouldn't mind, right?"

Onew Oppa nodded, also worried. "Better stick together."

I rolled my eyes. "You guys are over-reacting! It didn't happen, okay? It was just a one-time thing. Seriously. I bet you, it won't happen again."

Still, they droned on and on about me not telling them and asking if they should take me home. Just when I thought I couldn't take it anymore, someone else spoke up.

"I'll take her home, Hyung," Taemin-shi said.

We all turned our heads at him. "You don't have to do that. Really."

He shook his heads. "They'll be less likely to come if I'm there with you, since I'm the one who scared them away this morning. Besides, my house is in the same block as yours."

I just stared at him blankly.

"That's great, Minnie!" Onew Oppa said. "I'll feel much better with you there with her."

"Us too," the girls said in sync.

I sighed. There was no way to get out of this situation. "Fine, fine. Taemin-shi can take me home."

Everyone smiled and "whooped." And once again, I rolled my eyes.

 


 

Just as Taemin-shi said, the es didn't come near me because they saw Taemin-shi with me. I sighed a breath of relief. On the way, Taemin-shi did all the talking, while I just nodded, and said, "Yup" and "Mhmm."

When it was finally our stop, we got off. He took me all the way to my doorsteps.

"Thanks for bringing me, Taemin-shi," I told him.

He smiled his goofy smile. "It was a pleasure, Miss Jung. I'll see you tomorrow, then." Swiftly, he grabbed my right hand and placed a kiss on it. And with that, he left.

Just as I was stepping into my house, he yelled,"Call me Taemin, Miss Jung, not Taemin-shi. It sounds too formal."

Smiling, I stepped inside my house and closed the door. Maybe this year wouldn't be as bad as I first thought.


A/N:

Yes, I am alive. Sorry I haven't updated this since Febuary... O.o

That's just sad, don't cha think? So a lot has happened in this chapter, but remember, this is only the beginning.

I hope you guys like the chapter since I used my sleeping time to write this... x)

As always, comment, subscribe, and upvote~

<3,

Angel-of-the-Seas