Lee Taemin

A Bit Too Close

Krystal 

 

 

"Soojung-ah!" I heard my mom shout. "Come eat!"

I grabbed my baby pink backpack and stuffed my earphones, binder, and books inside. I took my backpack and made my way downstairs to eat breakfast.

"Soojung-ah, you're starting you're sophmore year today! Aren't you excited?" My dad stated that like I was going off to college.

I smiled at him and said,"I'm really excited. I joined the piano class they have here, so I'm super excited."

My older sister, Jessica Sooyeon Jung, rolled her eyes and said,"Krys, you're like freakin' gorgeous, and all the guys at our school want to go out with you, but instead of doing something exciting, like cheerleading, you're doing piano. What is wrong with you?"

I laughed. I didn't understand my sister. Me, pretty?  I thought. Yeah, right. She's just being nice.

"Sica Unnie, stop teasing me. We all know that everyone thinks you're the prettiest. Stop making stuff up, Unnie," I told her.

My sister looked at me like I was an alien. "You've got  to be kidding me, Soojung," she said. She reached into her backpack - which was actually a Coach purse - and took out a mini mirror. Jessica Unnie put it in front of my face and said,"Look into the mirror, idiot, and tell me that your face isn't pretty."

I rolled my eyes and turned the mirror so that it face my sister. "Look into the mirror, Unnie, and tell me that your face is prettier than mine."

Sica Unnie took a sip of her coffee, then replied,"I can't. Yours is prettier."

I almost choked on the piece of toast I was eating. "Excuse me? Are you an idiot, Unnie. What the heck is wrong with you? Can't you see that-"

"That's enough, girls," my mom announced. "You two are both beautiful, neither more prettier than the other. Trust me, sweethearts."

We both rolled our eyes in sync. "You're our mom. You're suppose to say that," my sister and I said.

My dad chuckled at us. "My, my. How did I end up in a house full of chodings, who argue who's prettier than the other?"

"You married me, darling," my mom told him, joining in on his laughing.

Jessica Unnie and I looked at each other and said,"Parents."


With my backpack strapped behind my back, I walked to the ticket booth to buy my subway ticket. I didn't go with Sica Unnie, because I didn't want to interrupt her time with her boyfriend, Lee Jinki, or rather Lee Onew. Onew was super nice and funny. My sister and he are the school's queenka and kingka. As strange as it may seem, they aren't spoiled and mean like the popular people in those cliche T.V. shows. They are possibly one of the nicest people on the campus. Both of them are in the singing, dancing, acting, and even Go Green! club, which is a club that helps the community become clean and healthy. Jessica Unnie and Onew Oppa aren't hated; they're loved.

Anyways, after I bought my ticket, I was walking to the subway that I was suppose to get on, when, two guys that reaked of beer, blocked my path.

"Hey, gorgeous," one of the guys said. "Wanna hang out with us?"

Disgusted, I tried to get past them, but the other guy blocked my path. "Come on, beautiful. Just one night, babe."

He reached for my arm, but I jerked it back. "Move out of my head, idiot."

The two guys started to laugh. "We got a feisty one here, Doojoon. This'll be fun."

The other guy, Doojoon, grabbed my wrist and started to pull me. I tried to release his hand from my wrist, but he was too strong. I looked around for anyone that could help me, but it was early, so no one was around.

"Didn't the she tell you to move?" I heard a guy say.

Doojoon and his friend laughed. "Yeah, right, kid. Get lost."

The guy - whom I noticed had dirty blonde hair - gave them a deadly glare kicked Doojoon square in his fat stomache. "You get lost, old man."

Enraged, Doojoon got back up and tried to punch my helper, but he was too drunk and missed. The guy punched Doojoon's face and kicked his stomache again. He looked at Doojoon's friend and asked,"Do you want to leave, or get hurt like your friend, here?"

Doojoon's friend dragged Doojoon's fallen body and started to run away. I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"Are you okay?" asked the guy with the dirty blonde hair, touching my arm.

I squirmed a little because he was just a bit too close, but he didn't seems to get the idea.

"I'm fine," I told him. "Thank you."

Just when I was going to leave the stranger called out,"I'm Taemin."

Still uncomfortable because of him touching me, I just gave him a little smile and said,"Nice to meet, Taemin-shi." Then walked to the subway I was about to get on to.


When I got to school, I walked over to my small group of friends. They consisted of: Luna, Victoria, Sulli, and Amber. We've known each other since elementary school, when we were all in the same group for a project. We got close pretty quickly, and hung out with each other ever since.

"Krystal! You're finally here!" Luna said happily.

"I didn't die in a hole, if that's what you're asking," I replied, giving her a hug.

"As weird as usual," Amber told me.

I rolled my eyes and gave her a hug too. "You know you love me, Amber. KrysBer forever!"

Amber laughed while the rest of my friends pouted. "Hey, what about us, Krystal!" Victoria asked.

I laughed and gave Victoria and Sulli a hug. "You know it's forever f(x), Victoria!"

We came up with f(x) because when everyone was having trouble with math, especially the part where it inclued f(x), we were super good at it. People started calling us f(x), and it stuck with us.

We all laughed and went to the administrative office to get our schedule cards. Usually, you get your schedule in first period, but the school made an exception for us. We're pretty well-known.

"Here you go, girls," Ms. BoA told us. "Have a wonderful day!"

Ms. BoA is our school's vice-president. She has an amazing voice and is gorgeous. I once heard the guys calling her "y Snake," because boa is a type of snake.

When my friends and I shared our schedules, we were happy to have the same lunch period. I had voice and math with Luna, chemistry and history with Amber, P.E. with Victoria, and finally, piano with Sulli. We were all excited to have some of the same classes with each other.

When the warning bell rang, I walked to my first period class, math, with Luna. We sat near the front and took out our binders and chatted for a little while. When the second bell that announced that school is now offically in session rang, my math teacher came wrote her name on the board.

"My name is Ms. Seohyun. I will be your teacher for this school year, and I really hope I won't have to give out too much detentions throughout the year. Now, let's begin our lesson."

I easily followed understood the lesson and began my homework, when the door to our room burst open. Standing in the doorway was my sister and Onew. There was a third person behind them, but I couldn't see his face.

"Sorry to interrupt your lesson, Ms. Seohyun," Onew said politely,"but you have another student. He's new to our school and is my cousin."

Ms. Seohyun nodded curtly and said,"Thank you, Mr. Lee and Ms. Jung. Introduce yourself, Mr.-"

"Lee," the guy said from behind the school's most famous couple. "My name is Lee Taemin and I'm Onew hyung's cousin."

As the boy stepped out to introduce himself, I let out a small gasp. He was the one that saved me this morning. The one that touched me. Luna looked at me and whispered,"You okay?"

I nodded to let her know I was okay. Although I told her I was okay, I didn't feel okay. Please don't recognize me. Please, please, please, don't recognize me, I thought desperately.

I thought that he didn't notice me, until my sister said,"Taemin, this is my sister, Krystal."

He looked at me and smiled. "We meet again, Krystal."