Revolution

Numbing Grief

"He's drunk"

Of course he is, you idiot, Yesung thought. I'm the perfect antithesis of soberness.

The voice was faintly familiar too. A bit sarcastic, with a sly edge to the cold tone. He looked up hesitantly, only to have his eyes meet that of his cattish hyung. Just his day. Now, the managers will see him in this deplorable state, drag him all the way to the dorms before skinning him alive.

He hated this damned job. He hated how every inch of him was controlled, from the time he woke up till the so-called friends he was supposed to have as an idol. He detested how his other members got away with scandals in due time while he was left in the lurch, nobody to help clear his name, nor defend it anyways. He was tired of performing like a mindless robot, forced to move his limbs in accordance to the cheorographer's commands and vocalising according to the songs planned for their album. He was sick of moving from schedule to schedule, doing the same old octopus dance and obsessing over philtrums and tortoises, just because that was his niche, at least according to Leeteuk hyung. And Leeteuk was always right.

Keeping his head lowered to the linoleum floors, he tugged himself up and strode out of the building, expecting several managers to be awaiting him with a frown crossing their already crinkled-up faces.

He did not expect Siwon's Audi to be parked so casually outside, the owner of the car beckoning him to hop in. Of course he hesitated.

He was not needy. He did not have to rely on anybody for help. He never did.

"Get in or I'll tell Hyung." That really sounded like Heechul. Nobody needed to elaborate on the which.

"Come on, we'll take you for a drive. Hae's waiting for us too." Siwon urged, a smile tugging at the edge of his model lips. Perfect, even without plastic surgery.

Hands clapped down on his frail shoulders, leading him to the open door.

"Bet you're nervous 'bout your enlistment, no?" Heechul ventured warmly, squeezing his bones in a manner he deemed pleasant.

But he could feel his heart ache at how much he missed the brotherhood they shared several years ago. Where there were no secrets between anybody, where enmity did not exist. Lying back into the soft leather seats, hearing the engine purr as Siwon hit the accelerator, he felt comforted.