Last Tear

Blue Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ Last Part }

“Are you sure that it’s fine for me to stay here?” Violet asked, looking up from her lap to Chanyeol. He sat across from her on the couch inside the living room. As he heard her seeking for his assurance, Chanyeol grinned and showed a peace sign to Violet.

“Totally positive! I told you that I don’t really care about what my mentor will say about this...I just need you to stay by my side...” he answered, making Violet to slowly curved up a relief smile. But a second later, it faded away. Violet sighed under her breath – how she wished that Luhan was the one who would say something like that to her. But...she knew that it was impossible.

“DUM! DUM! DUM!” just when that thought came into her mind, both Chanyeol and Violet were startled by the loud knock came banging on the dorm’s door.

“Who is it?” Chanyeol exchanged curious looks with Violet when she questioned him, frowning. He shrugged and was about to ignore the knock but then...

“Yah, Park Chanyeol! You open this door now! Now!!!” Chanyeol was blinking his eyes in confusion while Violet widened her eyes. She recognized that voice! It was supposed to be Luhan’s, right?

Even before she managed to inform Chanyeol about it, the tall boy already stood up from his seat. Violet watched, feeling her heart was skipping madly inside her chest as Chanyeol resumed walking towards the door. He stopped there and pulled on the knob to unlock it.

“Chanyeol ah! Where is she??!!” Luhan came burst in, forcing his body inside until it caused Chanyeol to step aside from the doorway, giving Luhan enough space to come in. He was panting madly as his forehead was totally covered with bead of sweat.

Violet glued her eyes wide on Luhan too as she assumed that he might be coming all the way here by running. Then she heard Chanyeol cleared his throat and saw that he was stealing a quick glance to her.

“She? Who is that?” Chanyeol asked Luhan back as he turned looking at him. Luhan hissed impatiently and he stepped into the living room without even bother to wait for any welcome from Chanyeol.

“Ya – yah!” Chanyeol cluelessly tailed him inside until Luhan stopped once he caught sight of Violet there. She hastily darted her eyes away from him when she noticed how fierce and serious Luhan was staring on her. Luhan bit his lips when he could feel it that she was trying to avoid him.

Without even uttering any other words, Luhan walked straight to her and he grabbed Violet by her wrist. Violet involuntarily gasped as Chanyeol who was standing behind of Luhan, widened his eyes in surprise. What was this all about? He thought Luhan had always hated Violet. But now he came here only to look for her? Why?

There were so many questions striking inside his mind until he didn’t quite realize it when Luhan had already dragged Violet back towards the door.

“Yah...yah! What are you doing? Where are you taking me? Let me go!” Violet’s protesting voice was the only one that could snap him out again from his dilemma. Chanyeol groaned and he spun his body around to catch for Luhan and Violet.

“Yah, hyung! Wait a minute...what are you trying to do actually? I thought you’re the one that wanted Violet to disappear from your view...then why are you coming for her now?” Chanyeol can’t resist the curiosity building up inside him and so he asked. Luhan stopped dragging Violet by the door but he tightened his grip on her arm. Luhan shot Chanyeol a glare from the corner of his eyes.

“I don’t understand it either...but I do know that I need Violet right now...so I’m taking her back with me...she’ll be staying in my dorm...” Violet blinked her eyes innocently when she listened to his firm voice.

“But...but...” and once again, Luhan chose to leave Chanyeol with his confusion and dilemma as he resumed walking out from the door with Violet was swept away along with him. She tilted her head around, looking at Chanyeol from over her shoulders but she could only remain silent as he stood motionless by the door and little by little, his vision became smaller before disappearing from her eyes.

“Stop it! Seriously, Luhan ah! You need to stop acting all weird!” Violet couldn’t bear it anymore when Luhan kept on forcing her way until she found herself following him to the nearby beach.

She yelled to him and jerked her hand off from him as they stopped walking exactly on the pier that Violet first saw him on this human land. Luhan clicked his tongue and turned his body to face her. He kept his hands arrogantly on his hips as Violet was furrowing to him.

“Weird? Are you sure that I’m the one who is being weird here? I thought that word is for you! You’re the one that weird, Violet! It took me forever to forget Riho but now, you suddenly came only to destroy everything again! That’s very unfair for me!”

Violet felt was locked away to become mute right at the moment. She gazed in disbelief upon Luhan as Luhan was staring intensely on her face – his eyes glittered with love, unknown pain and indescribable longing. She almost opened , trying to find a word to give him a response but out of a sudden, Luhan pulled her body to him.

The second matter that she realized was the comfortable warmth of his body that wrapped around her. Violet fixed her eyes on his chest as Luhan was hugging her closer to him and kept his embrace tight around her waist.

“Lu...Lu...han...” she tried to call his name but Luhan shook his head. He rested his chin on top of her hair as Luhan closed his eyes, savoring the moment when Violet...Riho...was back again inside his arms.

“Shhh...you don’t have to say anything...please, just let me hold you for a while...” Violet felt warm tears were filling the two pools of her eyes when she heard his romantic voice was whispering to her. Slowly, she let herself melt inside his warmth. She raised her hands uncertainly before she braved herself and circled them around Luhan’s back. She replied his hug with equal tightness too and snuggled her face deeper on his chest. They stayed like that, for an unknown time before Violet opened her eyes again when she felt Luhan landed a soft kiss on her hair. He gently detached her body away from him so that he could look down on her pretty face. Violet peered to him back.

“Violet...no...I mean...Riho ah...” Luhan corrected himself, wanting so much to address her again with her real human name. He caught the sign of surprise and shock in her eyes upon listening to him and Violet made a move to start asking but Luhan quickly put up a finger on her lips, asking her to shut up.

“There’s no need to know how on Earth I knew all about you and your mermaid story...because I just want you to listen carefully to me now...” Luhan ordered her. Violet was battling in her heart whether to agree with him or not but then she slowly nodded her head.

Luhan sighed and put down his finger. As he locked his arms around the small back of her body, Luhan leaned in his face closer to her before he whispered, sounded more like begging to her.

“Riho ah...please...take away my soul, will you?” he pleaded, looking so deep into her piercing eyes. Violet blinked, trying to digest his words for a minute. But later, she realized it and quickly pushed Luhan to let her go. He budged a few steps away from her but Luhan held his hurtful eyes on Violet. Violet was shaking her head fiercely to him.

“You know I’m not capable of doing so...” she disagreed without even reconsidering the matter. It earned a hiss from him but Luhan insisted to keep convincing her.

“Then what is your plan? Do you have any others than it? Aren’t you come here with the mission to save your kingdom and family? Then do it! I’m fine with it...” he told her forcefully but Violet looked up to him with such an angry and disappointed face.

“What makes you think that I don’t even have any other plans? Of course I do! You just don’t deserve to die! None of the human deserves it!” Violet started to yell back at him but Luhan snorted to her.

“Don’t tell me that your plan is to wait until the next full moon and you’ll just dissolve yourself into the ocean! Turning into nothing but useless foams! For God’s sake, Riho ah! You’re running out of time!” Luhan growled but Violet simply nodded her head.

“Yes! That’s exactly what I’m going to do! I don’t care if I’m running out of time! Besides, I don’t even have any time anymore! I’m dead and my time had over long ago...So what is the big deal of becoming the sea foam after all? It won’t change anything!” she tried to argue again but Luhan snapped loudly to her.

“No, you’re dead wrong! It changes everything! It is me that is changing! My whole world! If I got to see you again and now I have to let you go by seeing you to disappear...I can’t take that anymore! I’m tired, Riho ah! Truly tired! I’m tired of life without you and I’m tired of the fact that I’m all alone here! I waited for you to come back everyday and I know that I’m just a plain crazy for promising such a pointless thing to my heart...yet I know that I love you! I love you so much, Takada Riho! I love you as human and as a mermaid! Riho, Violet or whatsoever! I don’t give a damn about it! I just want you to stay alive and live happily again...please...that’s all I ever asked!”

Violet watched his vision in front of her was becoming blurred because of her tears, now pouring down her whole cheeks. She started to cry harder, couldn’t contempt the pain that she endured as she dropped her head to look down on her heels. Luhan bit his lips in silent, he was afraid that he hurts her by scolding her so loud but he just can’t control his temper – especially when Violet was too stubborn for her own good!

“Haish...” Luhan slowly sighed and he took a step closer to her. Violet was still crying when Luhan reached out for her hands and entwined them together with his.

“Please, Riho ah...I’m sorry, okay? I’m not intended to be harsh to you but...I just can’t let this happen like you wanted it to...I know that you want to give up your own life just for the sake to keep me breathing here...but I don’t want this life too...I don’t want this life without you...so it’s better to have you taking away my soul...at least I know that I’m losing it to you...for you, Riho ah...which I’m willing to do anything despite everything...so, please...you don’t have to hesitate and just take it away, okay? Just drag me into the sea and everything is going to be fine...isn’t it?” he tried his best to make her believe in his words but Violet determinedly shook her head again.

“I can’t...I can’t, Luhan ah...I simply can’t...” she replied between her sobs as Violet tried to control the shakes on her shoulders. Luhan closed his eyes in despair before he heard her.

“I know that my family in Mermaidiya is important enough but...I love you...I love you, Luhan ah...and I can’t afford to see the person that I love the most is dying and sacrifices for me...I can’t...I simply can’t take away your soul...I’m sorry...” she apologized at last and Luhan opened his eyes to look straight on her. Silence wrapped them long enough before Luhan pulled her again into his embrace.

Knowing that Violet was close to him was enough for now, he thought – and continued to hug her tightly, promising his heart to never let her go again.

“Yah! What are you doing peeking on my room huh?” Lay tapped Chen on his shoulder when he saw him standing next to the door of his room and tilted his head inside curiously. Chen shrugged before looking back to Lay.

“Nothing...I’m just...being curious about something...and oh! Practically this is not your room anymore...Luhan hyung chased you out two weeks ago, right?” Chen commented carelessly to him and it earned a smirk from Lay.

“That’s not the matter, kiddo! It doesn’t matter if I’m staying in this room or not...plus, we’re not talking about it...I’m asking you, why you are being a stalker to Luhan now?” Lay forced him to explain his action again and Chen finally hissed.

“See it for yourself!” he grabbed Lay by his arm and forcefully pushed Lay to stand in front of him by the door. This room that used to be shared between Luhan and Lay had now becoming the room that only permitted to Luhan. Since he decided to bring Violet back and staying with them inside the dorm, he had asked Lay to leave the room – and practically threw him into Kris and Chen’s room instead. But Lay had never been bothered by it because he was the only member inside the house that knew the history between Luhan and Violet. Lay snorted at his thought and tried to focus his eyes into the small opening of the door. As he looked inside, he saw Violet was sleeping soundly on a bed. Lay frowned and glanced around to Chen.

“So what’s weird about it?” he asked, didn’t really quite understand the curiosity felt by Chen. Chen rolled his eyes and whispered back to him.

“Don’t you think it is weird? I mean...Luhan has never allowed anyone or anybody to touch his ultimate bed! Be it among the six of us or any other strangers! But how about now? He simply broke the record and let Violet to sleep on his bed? That’s freaking strange!” Chen complained as Lay sighed in despair to him. He clicked his tongue and glimpsed back on Violet who slightly stirred on the bed – Luhan’s bed.

“You’re the one that weird, Chen chen! Don’t you get it? Of course Luhan has been saving his bed purely for his beloved one! If you have a girlfriend someday later, wouldn’t you allow her to lie on your bed?” Lay whispered back to him while Chen blinked his eyes innocently.

“I will let her to but...definitely not my bed in this dorm...since I can’t share my girlfriend with Kris...and of course, adding with you now...” Chen’s mindless and idiotic answer made Lay to face palm himself. He shook his head and stepped away.

“I feel like a total stupid here...whispering with you...stop thinking nonsense and go away! You don’t want Luhan to find out that you’re peeking on his girl!” Lay managed to scold him as Chen watched he disappeared downstairs. Chen pouted silently and turned to look at Violet, again.

He bit his lips, doubting for a while before finally he giggled. Clicking his fingers with idea, Chen decided to experimenting something. He glanced along the corridor suspiciously before he reached towards the door’s knob. He was pretty sure that Luhan wasn’t inside the room since he heard the sound came from the bathroom – Luhan might still taking his bath. So Chen decided to buy the little time to experiment something on his own.

As he tiptoeing into the room, Chen slowly took his steps approaching Violet on the bed. She was still drowned inside her dreamland as she didn’t notice it that Chen had already stood next to the bed. Chen looked down on her and saw there was little space left next to her small body. Chen covered his mouth with his palm, preventing himself from laughing out loud evilly. He slightly cleared his throat before he bent down his body, lowering his to drop it on the bed.

He wished to try it, the feeling of lying on Luhan’s mysterious bed.

“Yah! What are you doing?” just when he was about to land his head on the pillow next to Violet, Chen stopped dead when he heard Luhan’s cold voice was asking him. He looked around and spotted Luhan stood by the bathroom with his eyes sharp on Chen. Chen quickly chuckled annoyingly before he forced his body to get out from the bed. But unfortunately, he stumbled on his way and bumped a little onto Violet.

“Yah!” Luhan widened his eyes, he didn’t wish to wake her up so early since he had been working on a surprise for her. He will not let Chen to destroy it by his silly movement! Luhan thought as he stormed towards Chen to pull him away from Violet.

“Hmmm...” Violet stirred, moving a little but she was still closing her eyes and didn’t really distracted by it. Chen grinned broadly again towards Luhan while Luhan was glaring down to him. He let his arm away.

“Yah, what are you trying to do to her huh? She’s mine!” Luhan warned but Chen fiercely shook his head.

“No! It’s not her that I’m curious about...I mean, I’m curious about your bed!” Chen defended himself by pointing down a finger on Luhan’s bed. Luhan followed his gesture before he frowned.

“My bed? What’s so wrong about it?” he asked him again and Chen smiled absentmindedly to him.

“Nah...nothing actually...it just weird when you only allow Violet to move freely on your bed but not none of us...” he told him and Luhan sighed in return. He smirked to Chen.

“You freak...since it’s my bed so it’s up to me to do anything on it...now go away!” Luhan concluded and he pushed Chen out of the room.

“But...but...hyung!” Chen tried to argue again but Luhan slammed close the door and locked it at once. He hissed alone.

“Geez...that jerk, what is he thinking?” Luhan mumbled alone, turning around to get dress but his eyes stopped on Violet. Her sleeping face was so beautiful and attractive to him that Luhan couldn’t help but to walk straight to her.

He knelt down next to the bed as he rested his elbows at the edge of it. He felt that he could watch her forever as Luhan was savoring every inch of her pretty face.

“Aigoo...what a cutie-pie...” he whispered as Luhan slowly Violet on her cheek. Then he sighed and glanced around to check the time. He needs to go first to prepare something for them so he reached out for a piece of paper and pen from the bedside table. He jotted a short message for her before sticking the note on the pillow next to her.

“Hurry wake up, sunshine...I love you...” Luhan leaned in, whispering to her ear but Violet only flinched a little upon feeling his breath on her skin. She remained sleeping and Luhan chuckled. He lightly kissed her on her forehead before he get ready to go out.

Violet opened her eyes, feeling her head slightly ached as she was spending too long on the bed. She let out a sigh and looked around. She tried to look for Luhan but the room was empty with the door shut closed. She sat herself upright and yawned loudly, stretching her body here and there.

“Hmmm?” then only her eyes caught sight of a little paper, pasted on the pillow. She picked it up at once and read it.

Riho, honey...I’m out already...but I’ll be waiting for you at the beach that we usually went to...just wear the dress and see me there by 7 p.m.... I’ll be waiting for you... – Luhan.

Violet found herself couldn’t stop smiling on the note. She crumpled it inside her palm and excitedly pushed her body out from the bed. As she was about to enter the bathroom, she remembered something that Luhan mentioned inside his note. She reread it again while frowning.

“Dress? What dress?” she just noticed it when he mentioned about the dress. Violet looked up and scanned around the room. She didn’t remember owning any dress since she lived here so suddenly and she just ended up wearing his shirts and pants all the time. Luhan didn’t even buy her any new clothes or so.

She decided to take her bath first before resume looking for the dress. Violet pushed open the door of the bathroom and stepped inside. She kicked it back, leaving a bang on the door as it was closed. As Violet was humming alone under her breath, walking to tap on the tub, she looked up and saw a pair of clothes was hung nearby the long mirror. Violet quickly lit up a broad smile. She cornered approaching the clothes before she stopped in front of it.

“It’s so beautiful...” Violet praised, travelled her hands freely on the fabric. She giggled a bit but decided to take her bath properly before putting this clothes on – the dress that gave by Luhan to her. Violet was so thrill and excited for their date tonight!

“Em, guys...what should I do with my hair? Care to give some idea?” the five boys who sat together inside the living room looked up at once when they heard Violet was running from upstairs. When Kris, Lay, Chen, Xiumin and Tao fixed their eyes right on her who stood tall on top of the staircase, they felt their jaws all dropped open.

She looked extremely gorgeous and extraordinarily breathtaking in her dress. The truth was, Violet just wearing a black knee-length dress patterned in polka dots. But it suits her slim curve perfectly with the light makeup on her face. As she smiled sheepishly on them, she was strangely shining. The boys swallowed and exchanged their speechless looks among them. They had no doubt to admit that Violet was indeed, a very beautiful young lady. No wonder Luhan was furious about her!

Kris snorted at the thought before he finally cleared his throat, breaking the awkwardness.

“Oh well...you look...pretty already...” he commented and the rest of the boys quickly nodded in agreement to her. Violet grinned, checking down upon her dress but she pouted.

“Luhan bought me this...but I think my hair is too simple to match it...so can you guys please give me some idea on how should I style my hair?” she asked for their suggestion again before Lay finally got up from the couch.

He walked over to her and circled a few times around Violet, scanning her up and down. Violet blinked cluelessly, remained silent to wait for him until finally Lay stopped in front of her. He winked naughtily while clicking his finger on her face.

“I think I got something on my mind...come with me...” he told her and climbed straight to upstairs. Violet smiled on the other four boys and made a move to follow Lay instead. Chen exchanged excited looks with Tao while Xiumin chuckled.

“Luhan is sure one lucky boy...he always has the best girls falling for him...” Xiumin commented as he resumed pasting his eyes back on the television. Chen and Tao nodded before they smirked with jealousy.

“I wanna go and steal a moment with Violet!” Chen yelled as he stormed upstairs.

“Yeah, me too!!!” Tao agreed before he quickly tailed him behind. Kris shook his head helplessly upon seeing the two youngest members were acting all childish. But he pouted as he had to admit the fact that Luhan was indeed, being lucky to have Violet as his girl. He chose to drop the matter and continued watching the show with Xiumin.

“So what do you think?” Lay flipped the mirror to show Violet her reflection inside of it. She peered up to it, gasping in surprise before she grinned towards him.

“I...I think it’s perfect...I couldn’t thank you more than I want to...” Violet laughed in excitement to him while Lay nodded, satisfied with his work being her sudden hair stylist. Then he glanced over his shoulders to check on Chen and Tao. They stood watching from behind in silent since the beginning. Lay rolled his eyes upon noticing the way they were staring on Violet.

“Yah! Why you guys are so silent? Give her some comments! What do you guys think?” Lay asked for their opinion while Violet turned the chair to face them instead. As soon as she blossomed a small but sweet smile towards them, Chen and Tao shivered.

“I think I’m going to commit a murder...” Tao suggested first, making Lay to frown and Violet widened her eyes. “What???” she questioned, sounded disbelief of him.

“Yes...and Luhan hyung is the best victim...” Chen continued to his sentence and Lay broke out laughing. Violet raised her eyebrow but then she grinned at their ridiculous idea.

“Yah! That’s so not going to happen! Now stop being nonsense...I think you’re ready to charm Luhan, Violet ah...” Lay smacked both of his maknaes on their laps, leaving Chen and Tao to howl in pain before he turned back to Violet.

Violet looked up to him and she nodded. She stood up to pick up her small handbag on the table but then Chen rushed to her side.

“Yah, Violet sshi...since you’re living with us now...why don’t you go out with me someday? I mean...just for a day out...come on! I bet Luhan hyung can bear with it...” Chen requested to her while grinning broadly and it made Violet to laugh out loud. She felt funny that Chen was really one humorous boy with cute expressions always on his face. She was glad that she got to know this cheerful boy.

She tried to reply him a nod, surely she can spend some time out with Luhan’s friends but suddenly Tao cut her out first.

“Yeah, that’s right...today is already a month since you met us, isn’t it? You should’ve go out more, Violet sshi...visit the places around here before we bring you back to our campus after summer...” the second Tao pointed it out, Violet gulped down . Her smile faded from her face as she was biting her lips doubtfully. Chen and Tao waited for her answer while Lay was frowning, staring seriously on Violet.

She looked up around the room before she spotted a small calendar was placed on Lay’s study table. Violet quickly ran to it and picked it up. As she counted on the dates, realization finally hit her. It was true, today was already a month since she came to stay in human land. Violet swallowed the raw feeling that started distracting her heart. Chen and Tao began to feel weird and Chen asked her slowly,

“What’s wrong, Violet sshi?” she put down the calendar back to its place before cracking a small, bitter smile that barely visible to the three boys. Then Violet tilted her head around, peering out through the opened window as she stared on the grey skies that were approaching dusk. She smiled even broader now, pretending to console her heart.

“It’s full moon tonight...right?” she suddenly questioned them. Lay, Chen and Tao exchanged strange looks among them before Lay nodded to her. “Yeah...what’s the matter with it, Violet ah?”

Violet simply sighed but shook her head. She turned around to grin happily again.

“No, nothing...it just that...I’m sure tonight will be romantic since Luhan and I decided to have our date at the beach...I’m excited to see the full moon with him...” she chuckled a bit at her lame excuse before she bowed down to the three. Tao and Chen blinking their eyes as Violet walked pass them but Lay started to feel something wrong about it. Right at the door, Violet stopped and turned over her shoulders.

“By the way, Chen ah...I’m sorry that I can’t go out with you...maybe we can still pray for it to happen later...in the next life, okay? Thank you for everything...” she told him, winking to Chen and disappeared from the door.

“What? Did she just say next life? Why does it need to be so long?” Tao rubbed his hair in confusion of her words but suddenly Lay gasped. He thought that he could quite figure it out so he hastily running to catch for her.

By the time Lay called out for her name, Violet already reached the main door downstairs. “Violet ah, wait! I need to ask you something...you’re not going to leave Luhan again do you? You’re not thinking of doing something stupid right?”

He desperately asked her while Violet’s eyes started to shine with tears. She stopped herself from crying, taking a deep breath. Then she smiled up to Lay.

“I may not be in front of his eyes but...at least I know that I’ll stay here forever...” Violet answered him, raising up her palm to place it on her chest, showing her heart that was also indicated that she will stay forever in Luhan’s heart. Lay bit his lips but he shook his head.

“No, please...don’t leave him, Violet ah...I had enough of watching him to suffer...please, just stay here with him...” Lay begged again while a tear finally dropped to her cheek. Violet quickly wiped it away.

“But we’re too different...he’s a human...alive, having a future and all...while...I don’t belong in this world anymore...I’m dead...long ago...I’m just happen to become a mermaid and came to meet him once again but my time for it has already over now...I need to go...I’m truly sorry...” she concluded and gave Lay one last bow. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter