Fighting in the cafeteria

Love's Melody

When Gui Gui went to bed that night she was just as happy as earlier. Marrying Aaron… It sounded like something from her very best and most secret dreams. Her cell phone rang.
“Hey Gui, it’s Genie” she heard Genie saying.
“Hey Genie…” Gui Gui yawned.
“I’m not waking you up or anything, right?” Genie asked.
“Not at all” Gui Gui answered, without sounding convincing at all.
“Anyway, I did a background check on that arrogant guy, Danson…” Gui Gui cut her off.
“Genie, just call him Jiro’s best friend… I think he have been through a lot of stuff in Denmark…” Gui Gui said.
“Whatever, he’s still arrogant… Anyway, his father owns the school, like he owns schools around the whole world. His sister just got married to this weird guy from England, and his mother should be the prettiest Asian woman the most people has ever seen… I also tried to find information on his ex girlfriend, and I couldn’t find much information on her… She’s sixteen year old, she’s from a normal family… She has two younger sisters, and her parents are married, and…” Gui Gui cut her off again.
“Genie, why does all this even matter?” she asked.
“Of course it does… Don’t you see it? His father owns all those school, he’s clearly rich, and she’s just a normal girl; gold-digger” Genie said. Gui Gui rolled her eyes.
“Or just a normal girl in love with a handsome rich guy…” she said.
“If the information is right she is 174 cm tall, having hair in this gold-like color, having these green-brown eyes, and…” Again, Genie didn’t get to finish.
“So, she’s pretty? So what Genie… And by the way, how did you get that much information?” Gui Gui asked without wanting to know the answer.
“A private detective of course!” Genie answered. Gui Gui rolled her eyes.
“But Genie, I have to go to bed… Please think about why you even want to know that much about Danson, tell me the answer tomorrow… Bye” Gui Gui said and hung up.
She didn’t get to sleep before her phone rang again. She answered it.
“Gui! It’s Hebe, guess what?!” Hebe sounding raving happy, so Gui Gui thought that it must have had something to do with Mike.
“You got engaged?” she asked.
“Of course not, silly… My parents want me to wait… I’m transferring to your school! Isn’t that awesome?!” Hebe almost shouted, in a happy tone.
“Really?! OMG!” Gui Gui answered, and got just as happy as Hebe. She missed Hebe; they hadn’t seen each other in a very long time.
“I mean, of course that annoying guy, Wang Zi is also transferring, since he found out that it was the school that you were in, but we can just ignore him, and… I was thinking… Please tell me about everything about the school!” Hebe said.
“Okay… Uhm, first of all… I guess you’ll be sitting at a table with me, Aaron, Jiro, Calvin, Chun, Angela, Ella, Genie and Danson… Jiro talks a lot, but he’s okay, and actually quite funny, Chun is a big food-head, but in some way he can still stay in shape no matter what he eats… Calvin can be a BIG player, and he has the most beautiful smile… Angela is annoying, but easy to ignore, Ella is funny and nice, Genie is good to talk to, and friendly…” Gui Gui held a break.
“What about that Danson guy?” Hebe asked curiously.
“He’s… Uhm… Actually, I don’t know either, he seems pretty arrogant, but I think he’s okay, and that it’s just a mask…” Gui Gui said after thinking for a while.
“So, tell me about the relationships of the persons you eat with!” Hebe said, still as happy as when Gui Gui answered her call.

The next day Gui Gui was very tired since her and Hebe had chatted almost all night. She couldn’t even concentrate in class, until her teacher started talking about something that interested Gui Gui.
“By the way, we have two transfer students, actually, I don’t know where they are, they were supposed to be…” he didn’t get to finish before Hebe and Wang Zi stepped inside the class room. Hebe ran to Gui Gui, and they quickly hugged each other.
“I haven’t seen you in like, forever! How’s Aaron?” Hebe asked her.
“He’s fine, and… Your hair?!” Gui Gui said in shock. Hebe’s hair was way shorter that last time Gui Gui saw her.
“Do you like it?” she asked in a happy tone.
“I love it! Gui Gui said. Hebe looked at Gui Gui’s hand.
“Oh my god! It’s so beautiful!” Hebe said, sounding raving happy.
“Gui, I can’t believe you’re getting married already!” She added. Gui Gui blushed, when the teacher looked at them. She leaned a bit forward.
“Hebe, it’s supposed to be a secret until the party…” Gui Gui whispered. Hebe smiled.
“You know that you can’t keep a secret from me” she laughed.
“So… Can you, Miss Tian, start introducing yourself now?” The teacher asked impatiently.
“Oh, sorry… My name is Hebe Tian Fu Zhen… I’m seventeen years old. I have pretty good grades. I play the piano, flute, and drums, and I’ve been taking singing lessons since I was little.” Hebe said confidently. Gui Gui was the only one who was impressed by it, since she was the only person in the class who hadn’t grown up as a rich person. Gui Gui didn’t listen when the teacher asked Wang Zi to introduce himself, but she couldn’t help but listen when he actually did it.
“My birth name is Qiu Sheng Yi, but you guys can call me Wang Zi. I’m seventeen years old, and I’m here to get what belongs to me” he said and looked at Gui Gui.
“I think that is all you need to know about me” he added.

During class Gui Gui and Hebe talked about everything that had happened since they saw each other last time, to both the teacher, and Danson annoyance.
“SHHHHH!” Both of them heard Danson say, which made them laugh. Gui Gui leaned a bit forward.
“Arrogant, mask guy” she whispered which made Hebe laugh even more.
After class they sat at the same table as Gui Gui usually did, and Aaron was positively surprised by Hebe’s arrival, since they were good friends. Wang Zi thought that he could sit at their table, because he knew Gui Gui, Hebe and Aaron.
“What’re you doing here?” Aaron asked him in a cold tone.
“You know, just like me, that I have the right to…” Aaron cut him off.
“Maybe you used to be popular, and spoiled, but here it’s different, Qiu Sheng Yi” he said calmly.
“But where am I supposed to sit then?” Wang Zi asked. All of them ignored him, until Gui Gui said something.
“Wang Zi, I’m sure that you’ll be welcomed at another table… You should find your own friends at this school…” Gui Gui said.
“But, Gui…” Wang Zi started.
“Wang Zi, didn’t you hear her? Find another table” Hebe said. The rest of the canteen must have thought that they bullied Wang Zi, but didn’t dare to do anything (except of gossiping).
After a few minutes Wang Zi gave up and found another table to sit at, and Hebe started talking to the persons at their table. She and Ella got along very well.
Gui Gui looked at Genie, and wanted to start a conversation, but she saw that Genie was looking at her information on Danson. Why was Genie this interested in him?
Genie looked at Danson.
“Annoying girl, what are you staring at?” Danson said, and sounded annoyed. Genie looked like he had just said the most terrible thing she had ever heard.
“Don’t you even recognize me on bit, Danson Tang?!” she asked him. She sounded more hurt than mad, which surprised everyone at the table.
“What are you talking about? Recognize you? Who are you?!” Danson asked.
“If you don’t remember, you’ll probably don’t care anyways… Just… let me alone!” Genie said.
“What are you talking about, it’s you who’re talking to me, not… Wait… You can’t be…” He said when he looked more careful at Genie. Gui Gui got more and more curious.
“You just travelled without a word! How was I supposed to know that you had gotten a girlfriend? Do you know how worried I was?! You never even told me that you would leave!” Genie said, crying. Now the whole cafeteria was staring at them, including Wang Zi, and the teachers.
“Why would you care if I leaved or not?! If I remember it clearly, you were busy with that weirdo, Andy! Why would I disturb you guys?!”
“You know it wasn’t like that… My parents wanted me to marry him… You don’t even know that I ran away from home, to find that you left the country… Left me… The next thing I heard about you was that you had gotten a girlfriend… My parents found me, and finally understood that I couldn’t marry Andy… That I didn’t love him…” Genie cried. Gui Gui got more and more confused.
“And you want me to believe that? You want me to believe that you haven’t had any interest in other guys than me since I travelled to Denmark? What about Calvin then? What about Jiro?!” He looked like he wanted to kill her. Both Jiro and Calvin noticed that, so they stood between Danson, and Genie who both stood up now.
“You want me to believe that you haven’t wanted Jiro to embrace you?! To kiss you?! You want me to believe that…” He started saying, but Gui Gui cut him off.
“So what if I have had a minor crush on Jiro?! It’s not like you have showed ANY interest in me since then, so it shouldn’t be ANY of your concern!” she now shouted.
“I can’t believe that I missed you in secret… You’re so unfaithful!” He answered.
“At least I’m not afraid to admit when I miss someone!” Genie shouted at Danson in front of everyone. He’s comment was worse than a slap in the face, so why shouldn’t she take revenge?
“I admitted that I missed you. But I guess that I can keep on missing you, since you’re never going to return fully!” she said.
“Return fully?” He asked her.
“Your Danish gold-digger girlfriend still has the most important part of you, doesn’t she?!” Genie shouted, still crying.
“His ity?” Calvin asked confused, which caused Chun to laugh, and Ella to hit him for it.
“No, his HEART!” Genie said and leaved the room.
“Finally some peace…” Danson said.

After school Gui Gui and Aaron returned to Gui Gui’s home, to plan the engagement pary, or… Listen to the plans that Gui Gui’s father had made.
“And I was thinking if this guest list would do? You can add and erase names if you want to” He said calmly. Gui Gui looked at the list.
“We can’t have both Danson Tang, and Genie Zhuo coming, they can’t even sit at the same table…” she said.
“I suggest we erase one of them, then” Mr. Zeng said. Gui Gui nodded.
“Who’s Selina Ren? And Zhan Ya Wen?” Aaron asked.
“Don’t you remember Ya Tuo? She used to be in your class… And Selina is one of Hebe’s friends, she should be very friendly” Gui Gui said and yawned.
“I see” Aaron said.
“I need to use the restroom” Mr. Zeng said. Aaron and Gui Gui used that opportunity to make up for the missed dates, and started kissing as soon as he got out of the room. They heard someone cough, and saw Joanne.
“I heard you guys saying something about Danson and Genie fighting? Why?” she asked. Aaron sighed.
“Do you remember the whole Andy-thing? Danson still don’t believe Genie, and is deeply in love with a girl from Denmark by the name Ida…” Aaron said.
“I know, I’ve heard about her… Everyone who met her says that she’s an incredible nice and friendly person… She should be smart, pretty and unbelievably good at making people liking her” Joanne said.
“That explains the jealousy” Gui Gui said.
“And why he won’t return to Genie” Aaron added.
“But… I see that you two were busy, so I’ll leave” Joanne smirked. Both Aaron and Gui Gui blushed, and when she leaved Aaron looked at Gui Gui for a while.
“So… Where were we?” He asked and started kissing her again. They stopped when they heard Mr. Zeng in the hall.