This was all for you.

...a slight daydream of feelings...

You looked into his eyes and silently adored his lips. The way they curved when he smiled in order to make room for his beautiful teeth to show their brilliance. The problem is that the two of you are friends and have been such for long enough to know that for him, there is nothing there. It does not matter that he can climb into your bed effortlessly and hold you while your sleeping. It does not matter that when he cuddles you, you feel this ache in your stomach and your body becomes stiff to the point where its difficult to breath. It does not matter that you have become in danger of falling madly in love with him yet this is discerning upon your heart. One night he comes over to your dorm room and plops down upon your bed. "Kris." you say your voice shaking as your sitting at your desk on the computer. You felt like if you didn't say it today than you would never be able to truly express yourself to him. "Yeah whats up?" Kris said turning his body towards you and staring at you in the eyes. Your breath became soft as you attempted to cool yourself down from his intense gaze. "I have been thinking for awhile and I..." You scoot your chair closer to the bed. Now your only a few inches away from his face and his gaze has grown soft and his face has yet to leave its spot. "...I um I wonder if.. I mean have you ever felt something towards me because I umm  I have felt." And with that his eyes grew heavy and he moved away from you. He began to sit up and head towards the door until you reached for his hands. Grabbing one you continue to speak, " Kris please. You don't understand, I have felt this for so long and I have sat still not saying one word. You can't leave like this, you can't just ignore me." He turned around and right at that moment. You touched his face. He closes his eyes and for a second you can see him lose a bit of his composure, his body is no longer controlled by his mind but rather his heart because as his breath hitches in his throat his head leans into you hand. You stand on your tippy toes only to catch his lips in a kiss. Right when your lips touch both of your bodies feel this electric current zap through your bodies. You slowly slide your tongue out of your mouth in order to separate his lips so that you can make the kiss deeper but when you tongue touches his upper lip he pushes you away. He begins to pant hard and his eyes have grown cold. Softly Kris whispers, " I'm sorry but I can't." You stand there astonished. Amazed that after what you know he felt he could just deny you like that. " But I'm." You hold in your words. You know what you want to say but your eyes begin to fill with water, you hold them back, refusing to let him see you cry.. "I am so sorry. I love you but I just cannot be with you." With those words Kris leaves and your once close friendship has become terminated. You walk around campus now to see him comfortably flirting with other girls, smiling that same smile that you felt was only for you and roaming around as if nothing happened. Since that evening the two of you haven't spoken nor have you answered any of your friends questions as to why the two of you are no longer joined at the hip like before. Each night you replay that same moment. That moment of pure bliss when you touched him, when you were able to feel the slight pleasure of his lips, when you felt his guard weaken and his feelings for you grow...