Unexpected Find

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Ga In's point of view. Again, anything that's written is in italics (if only because I'm relying way too much on what's written now) 

-

Ong finally came back from his honeymoon, so of course 2AM had to get together to grill him about it. Meeting point? 2AM’s dorm, since Ong didn’t need any mishaps to happen. The best part? Changmin oppa agreed to cook for we hungry beings. Definitely, news of this wouldn’t escape me, so I popped by their dorm uninvited. Not that they would dare to chase me away, not when I was kind hearted enough to pay a visit to my best friend.

 

“Kwonnie, your girlfriend!” Ong shouts immediately after the door was shut behind me. I momentarily switch my attention from taking off my shoes to slapping his back. Kwonnie bounds up to me with a sweet smile anyway. “Don’t say that I’m talking crap, Ga Innie! He acknowledged it!”

“You didn’t tell me that you were coming over?” Kwonnie comments, now slightly puzzled.

“I heard that my best friend had come back from his honeymoon. Of course I couldn’t miss out right?” I make my way over to the couch.

“Ga Innie, this was supposed to be a 2AM affair!” Ong exclaims, but I know he’s pretending to be annoyed.

“Do you want me to leave then?” Rhetorical question, because I know they won’t make me leave.

Jinwoon sighs loudly, “Even I know you’re just asking for the sake of it, noona! There’s Kwonnie hyung here, which is already enough reason for no one to chase noona away. Not only that, there’s Ong hyung, so it’s not happening.”

“Don’t worry! I expected this, so I prepared enough food for everyone!” Changmin oppa yells as he comes out with platters of food.

“So hyung must tell us, how was your honeymoon?” Jinwoon must have been keeping the question in for a long time, seeing that he picks up the topic with such enthusiasm the moment Changmin oppa is within an earshot.

“Nice, the country was beautiful.”

“Kindly elaborate.” Changmin oppa deadpans, as he heads back to the kitchen to retrieve more food. The ferocious digging in then starts.

“Well, the beach was really appealing.”

“Ongseul hyung, we can do this the hard way or the easy way.” Jinwoon drawls lazily as he finds a more comfortable position on the couch.

“I don’t get what you’re saying.” Ong retorts, almost cuttingly. Of course he knows where this is going. All of us know where this is going.

“Lies.” Changmin oppa spits, “For I know that a couple of months ago, you were the one attempting to grill me.”

“Kwon-ah, how did your promotions go? Did they end well?” Ong desperately flounders to change the topic.

“They went okay, I didn’t embarrass myself or anything noteworthy like that. Lonely though, I missed having people around.”

“None of us are going to believe that you weren’t permanently located in the BEG waiting room.” Ong, again trying to divert attention away from the prevailing topic.

“Not permanently, but most of the time.” I choose to take the teasing coolly so that everyone drops the topic.

“So, minor diversion aside, hyung, how was your honeymoon?” Jinwoon impatiently drags the topic back to what it was before.

“Why are you so interested?” Ong now on defensive mode.

“For the exact same reasons why you were so interested in mine, Ong.” Changmin oppa waggles his finger in Ong’s face, “There’s no escaping it.”

“There must be a reason why Kwonnie isn’t saying anything.” There he goes again, out of embarrass us.

“Consider that I don’t wish to have my words come back to bite me just like yours are, Seulong hyung.” Kwon calmly answers, but with a mischievous twinkle in his eye.

“You’re just being reserved because Ga In-ah is here!” Ong exclaims, as if it’s a major revelation.

“Oh, so you’re the same in front of 2AM and your wife?” Kwon shoots back, now the mischievous twinkle morphed into a combative glint.

“Well—” Seulong starts, but we know that he’s lost before he even as much as opens his mouth.

“How about you just spill to save us our saliva?” Jinwoon cuts in, with an irritated look. If I know him though, he’s just enjoying poking fun at his hyung though.

“Praytell, Jinwoonie, do you really wish to scar your Ga In noona like that?”

Jinwoon snorts, “Ongseul hyung, noona’s obviously enjoying this conversation.”

“It’s embarrassing enough in front of 2AM.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter