Are you serious?!

Relationship Status: Married?

--Soomin's (Your) POV--

Things are happening too fast before I could even comprehend anything. Somehow, our talk ended up to him kissing me. I instinctively start to push him away, but he's holding me so tight in his arms, that I can't movie. I didn't really know how to react, as he continued kissing me roughly. I literally just froze there. I closed my eyes, as he kissed me, but I still didn't know how to respond. I felt him separate his lips from mine. I opened my eyes, his face was still just a few inches away from mine. He looked at me for a second, as if examining my face, gently holding my cheeks, before pulling his lips back to mine. This time it was much less aggressive compared to the first kiss. I still can't believe this is happening. Before I could even comprehend what I was doing, I was already kissing him back. I don't know what this whole kiss means to him, but it's making me realize that my unsure feelings for him are actually real. I am in love with him. Our kiss started to deepen more. The only time our lips would separate is when we're catching our breaths. Not too long after, he pushed himself away from me. He let go of my face, and was looking away, blushing. I don't even know how to react myself. All I know is my cheeks are burning red right now.


 


Daehyun: I'm sorry. Let's stop ... I don't think I can hold back ... if we don't.
Me: ...
Daehyun: ...
Me: ...
Daehyun: This is ... this is your fault. For talking too much.
Me: ...
Daehyun:  I'll ... I'll go take a shower ... before preparing dinner ...
Me: D-don't worry about it! I'll ... i'll do it. I'll make dinner.
Daehyun: *nods* O-okay ... T-thanks.


 


He, then, quickly fled to the bathroom. What the hell just happened? Daehyun and I kissed ... but why? It's obvious he's as embarrassed about it as I was. What was all that about? Did he just do it for no reason at all? Or does he ... does he like me? It can't be like that ... Don't come into any conclusion, Soomin!

--Daehyun's POV--

What did you do? What did you just do, Jung Daehyun?! Are you insane? Ahhhhh! I can't believe I did what I just did. I don't regret it, I know that, but ..... What am I supposed to say to her now after all that?! I couldn't even look at her straight in the face that night. I couldn't talk, or say anything else. After taking a long shower, I ate as fast as I could, and went to sleep as soon as I could after that. It was so awkward. There's no way I can look at her face tonight, but even when I try so hard to sleep, I still couldn't.

 


--Soomin's (Your) POV--

He didn't even talk to me again, or even looked at me, that night. Maybe he didn't mean it? Maybe he just really just kissed me to shut me up? If he did, the  it worked perfectly for both of us. He just kept avoiding me for the rest of the night. He even went to sleep as soon as he could. I guess it really didn't mean it. Maybe it only meant something to me, because I obviously can't sleep. I know I love him now, but ... if he doesn't feel the same way, then my feelings are useless. I want to tell him, but it's better if he doesn't know. We're not in any real relationship, and he made it clear from the start that he doesn't want that, especially not with me. I quietly whisper to myself.

 



Me: Just tell yourself you don't love him, Soomin. You're just gonna hurt yourself, so get over it before it's too late. You don't feel that way. Don't get your hopes up.

 



Tears starting streaming down my face, as the sad reality kicks in. I can't ever be with Daehyun. One kiss doesn't change anything. Maybe he's used to kissing other girls, with that kiss having no significant meaning. Whatever it is, our deal was that this fake relationship doesn't evolve into anything real. That's the reason why he made me his fake wife. With all these thoughts in my head, I didn't even realize how I slowly fell asleep that night.

The next morning, Daehyun was acting as if nothing happened. He hasn't even said a word to me. I can feel that he's sort of distancing himself away from me, but it's not as if he's completely avoiding me. Or am I just over analyzing things? The kiss probably didn't mean anything to him, which is why he's avoiding talking about it, so ... should I just forget it? I don't think I can. He woke up early to prepare our breakfast. Even though he's busy, he still takes time to do these things. He made an entire full course breakfast, which looked like it was too much for the both of us. Still not saying anything to each other, we quietly ate our meals. He was eating as fast as he could, like he's trying to finish and just get out of here as soon as he can. I can't stand this. I want to talk about the kiss, but what if he doesn't? What if it really didn't mean anything, and he thinks i'm making a big deal out of it? I can't just let things pass like this, but knowing that I can't talk about it myself, I broke the ice and said the first thing that I could think of.

 



Me: So ... Are you ... are you gonna be going home early tonight?
Daehyun: ...
Me: I might get home early from school, so ... I can make dinner for us earlier.
Daehyun: ... I have things I need to take care of at school. I might go home late.
Me: Oh ...
Daehyun: ...
Me: ...
Both: Hey--


 


We both tried to talk at the same time. I was surprised. I thought he wasn't going to talk again, so when he did, I started insisting for him to talk first.
 



Daehyun: You talk first.
Me: N-no. It's fine. I wasn't gonna say anything important.
Daehyun: Are you sure?
Me: Y-yeah. Go ahead. Do you have something to say?
Daehyun: ... I'm sorry ... about last night. 
Me: ... You're ... sorry?
Daehyun: Yeah ... I don't know what I was thinking. I might've made things awkward for us again. I thought about it all night.
Me: ...
Daehyun: We both know that being awkward like this isn't good for us, and it's my fault that we're awkward right now. I should've thought of you before doing something like that ... What I mean is, I made the rules here. I should know my boundaries. I'm sorry if I crossed the line ... 
Me: You don't have to apologize for that.
Daehyun: I do. I'm too immature. I should've thought about you. You're in this because of my selfishness. I don't want you to think that i'm taking advantage of you, and I would've thought about you more before losing myself like that. I can't even follow the own rules I madez And now, we're awkward like this again because of me ... To be honest ... I don't like it when we're like this, Soomin. *blushes* I don't like just being quiet like this.
Me: ... It is weird, when we're together, but we're so quiet. It's like, it's not us.
Daehyun: That's exactly the reason why I know I have to apologize. I don't want you to think that I can't even follow my own simple rules, so from now on, we're sticking to the rules of this relationship. I think that's the best way for us to be normal again.
Me: ... Is that it?
Daehyun: Huh?
Me: ... Is that all you're gonna say? What was it about then?
Daehyun: Huh?
Me: Why ... why did you ... why did you kiss me? What was that all about?
Daehyun: ...
Me: I mean, we're adults here, and I know I shouldn't be making a big deal out of a kiss, but ... Why? 
Daehyun: ... I wasn't thinking straight. I completely lost it there ... All I could think about was ... It's just ...
Me: ... Just ... what?
Daehyun: ... Soomin, I ...

 



Before he could finish his words, his phone started ringing. He looked hesitant, as he looked at his phone then back to me, before answering his phone. He said it was from his work, and that they needed him there right away. He quickly finished his breakfast, before saying goodbye and leaving in such a rush. We weren't able to finish talking. Somehow, we were able to make up again, but we never got to talk about the kiss. I felt my chest tighten, especially when he said he was sorry. To me, it sounds like he regrets it. His words tell me he just wants to be friends. I'm only his fake wife. He wants to stick to the rules, which means he doesn't want a relationship. The pain in my chest is growing worse, as I think about this. I guess he wouldn't want us to be awkward once this is all over, knowing we'll still be seeing each other as friends. Even though it hurts, I'll just accept that maybe all Daehyun and I would ever be are friends. I have to give up my feelings for him, right when I just finally realized it.

--Daehyun's POV--

I left Soomin alone, at home. To be honest, it wasn't work that called me. It was just Yongguk hyung checking up on us. I knew I had to leave, the moment he called. I was about to tell Soomin my feelings again, but I couldn't. Again. It's like destiny's preventing me from doing so. Last night, when I couldn't sleep, I heard Soomin crying as she slept. Her eyes were all puffed this morning too. I know it was my fault. I'm only hurting her more. I keep telling her to follow the rules, when i'm breaking them myself. I couldn't tell her how I really felt, especially remembering the promise I made to Yongguk hyung. I don't want to keep hurting her, but I can't control my feelings either. I don't want to see her sad, but I don't exactly know how to make her happy again. I already know what I feel, I just can't admit it, because all I can think about is the possibility of hurting this amazing girl. I can't bare the thought of it.

Because I left home early, I had a lot of time before I need to be at work. On my way, I got a text message from my teacher from Busan back when I was in middle school, asking if I was free today. He said he was in Seoul. It's been a while since i've seen him, and he's the reason why I became a music teacher myself. He helped me realize my dreams, and he always listens to my worries. I decided to meet up with him after my work ends. We met up at some bar by the train station, near my work. He was already there when I arrived after work.


 

Teacher: Daehyun!
Daehyun: Seonsaengmin!
Teacher: I'm glad you could meet up with me. I haven't seen you in a while now.
Daehyun: I know. I'm sorry I couldn't keep in touch for a while *bows*.

Teacher: You don't have to bow like that. I know you're a busy man. 

Daehyun: How's Busan?

Teacher: Still the same as always. Come on. Sit down and drink with me, there's something I need to ask you about.
Daehyun: ...? What do you mean?
Teacher: Well, I couldn't reach you. It seems as though you changed your number.
Daehyun: I did, recently. Sorry, I wasn't able to inform you. 
Teacher: I asked one of your high school friends if they know how I could contact you again, and they told me that you were already married! How come I wasn't invited? *laughs* You're like a son to me, I would've loved to see you get married.
Daehyun: R-really? Who told you that?
Teacher: I called Jaehan, and he said he heard from your relatives that you were married.
Daehyun: O-oh. 
Teacher: I'll let go of the fact that you didn't invite me to your wedding, but I wanna know what your wife is like! Is she treating you well? Well, you look like you're well, so I would assume she's doing a good job. Where is now? What does she do for a living? I hope the wedding's the only thing i'll miss, I want to meet her soon, and see your babies!
Daehyun: S-seonsaengnim!
Teacher: What? You're a grown man now, Daehyun. *smiles* And I know you so well, you're definitely a kind husband to your wife.
Daehyun: Seonsaengnim ... There's something I need to tell you ... about ... my wife.
Teacher: What? Did something happen? Why do you look so depressed? Did you already have a big fight?!
Daehyun: *looks around* It looks safe enough.
Teacher: What do you mean 'safe enough'?
Daehyun: Seonsaengnim, I need to tell you a secret. But promise me you'll never tell anyone about it. You're the one of the few people I can trust.
Teacher: ... Okay. I'm listening.

 


From there, I told him the entire story with full caution. I know it's not a possibility here, since this place is so open and you can see whoever is around, but I still can't be careless because someone might hear. Besides the guys, my teacher is the only person who I know I could trust. As I told him the story, he looked at me with disbelief. I know how he must feel, even me from 5 years ago can't imagine myself getting involved in a fake marriage. He was speechless for a second, looking so confused, but then he nods to himself (as if finally understanding the situation).

 

 

Teacher: To be honest, a part of me knew you so well enough to suspect why you suddenly got married.
Daehyun: Huh?
Teacher: It didn't seem natural of you. You always looked like the type of guy who would stay as a bachelor for a long time, because you always liked to be by yourself. 
Daehyun: ... I know that made you worry a lot before too.
Teacher: But still, something is different about you.
Daehyun: What is it?
Teacher: When you were telling me your story, it's as if you're more concerned about the girl than yourself. 
Daehyun: Well, of course I am. She's very kind, so down to earth, and very understanding. She's the type of person others would try to take advantage of, because she's too nice. Maybe I am one of those people too, because no one in their right minds would agree to something like this. All I know is I don't want anyone to take advantage of her, so i'm very concerned. She's the type of person you'd want to protect, because seeing her hurting ... seeing her ... hurting ... it brings pain to my heart to even think about it. She's ... very important to me.
Teacher: ... I see.
Daehyun: Huh?
Teacher: The way you talked about her ... You're not the type of person to come clean about this, but your words, the way you talk about her, say it all.
Daehyun: I know what you're thinking, but I still can't make up my mind on it.
Teacher: And that's the difference i'm seeing. All this time, you've only been worrying about yourself. You were so focused to just want to live your life on your own, but now ... This girl ... I know you're a kind person yourself, but I've never seen you talk about someone else with so much concern. You look more determined now, because you have someone you want to protect.
Daehyun: ... But it's only a temporary thing.
Teacher: Why is that?
Daehyun: Once our deal is over, she's ... she's going to leave. She doesn't have to be with me anymore. She's going to leave me.
Teacher: And how are you so sure of that?
Daehyun: ...
Teacher: You don't know that.
Daehyun: She's only with me because of our deal. I don't want to see her kindness as something else. I don't want to ruin her life, like how I ruined mine.
Teacher: You didn't ruin your life. You inspire so many people in your line of profession. Remember when you were in my class, way back in your high school? You would always say that i'm the reason you realized your dream in music, now look at you. You're helping other young ones realize their dreams. 
Daehyun: It's all because of your guidance.
Teacher: No, it's because of your hardwork. And right now, I see you're doing well. I'm very proud of you. We could really use a teacher like you in the academy.

Daehyun: I've settled in my work pretty well.

Teacher: But it'll be a great chance to inspire other kids. Well, that invitation is always open. I know you're quietly settling down here. That was just an option. I know your job has become important to you. You're more concerned about others now.

Daehyun: Seonsaengnim ... When I lost my parents, I felt like my world shattered into millions of pieces. I don't ever want to lose someone so dear to me like that again. Ever.
Teacher: Then you have to be honest with yourself.
Daehyun: I just don't think i'm ready for commitments. This one. She's ... she's different from all the other girls. The thought of losing her ... I've always screwed up. I don't want to screw this one up.
Teacher: Well ... you never know unless you try. I know it would hurt, but wouldn't it be worse to lose her without even trying? If you lose her, at least you tired. Just imagine all the 'could have's' and 'ifs' if you never get it a shot. It might be too late if you take too long. She sounds like a nice girl. I'm sure you'll be able to work it out. 
Daehyun: ...
Teacher: I've never seen you so in love! I wish to meet this girl very soon. Promise me that, okay?




Seonsaengnim is right. It might be too late if I keep my feelings bottled up until later, but ... I'm not confident enough to tell her what i'm feeling, or thinking. I'm still scared. What if she rejects me? What if I end up hurting her, if we do get to be together? I was able to let out my feelings to soensaengnim, the only person I can be honest with, but my thoughts are still mixed up in my head. Like there's some kind of debate in my head. What should I do? Think, Jung Daehyun. Think.


--Soomin's (Your) POV--

Sigh. In class. During break. Sigh. Days have passed, but I can't take my off of what happened that night. I still can't understand. We never talked about the kiss. We just tried to act normal around everyone else again, but it still bothers me. I haven't even told anyone about it. We kissed, but what does that kiss mean?! I know I told myself not to read too much into it, and maybe Daehyun only did it to shut me up ... but still ... Sigh.

 



??: How many more times are you gonna sigh for today?
 


I looked up to the voice in front of me. I was alone at the school ground, sitting on a bench, just thinking to myself. Classes are already over, but it's too early to go home, especially when Daehyun said he won't be home early. And just as I was thinking on my own, I didn't even realize someone was already there. It was Minhyuk.




Me: What are you doing here?
Minhyuk: Am I not allowed to be here? I do study here too, yoy know.
Me: ... That's not what I meant.
Minhyuk: Well, ever since I saw you this morning, you sighed 7 times. Probably more than that in your classes though. What's wrong?
Me: ... Nothing.
Minhyuk: It's about Daehyun, isn't it?
Me: ...
Minhyuk: What's wrong? Maybe I can help?
Me: Why would you want to help me with him? Don't you hate him?
Minhyuk: I do, but if he's really the reason you're sighing like that, then i'd want to do something about it.
Me: ... It's not really about me. Or him.
Minhyuk: Really? Then what?
Me: ...
Minhyuk: Trust me. Didn't you say we'd be friends now? Friends help friends, and listen to their worries.
Me: ... My friend. She arrived from Ijjak-do. She ... kind of have some problems.
Minhyuk: And you're worrying about her problems this much?
Me: W-well ... I ... I hate seeing her sad. So ... I'm trying to think of what to say to make her feel better ...
Minhyuk: Then i'll help. I don't want to see you like this. Tell me. We can talk about it. It's kind of getting too cold here though. Let's go to a cafè, and get something to drink.



I can't tell any of the other guys about what happened between me and Daehyun. I can't really tell Seoyeong too, she'll go crazy! But I can't keep these thoughts to myself either. Even though I know I shouldn't, I really don't know anyone else but Minhyuk, and he's offering to help me, so I decided to tell him. Of course. I told him a bunch of lies about it being Seoyeong problems. I can feel his sincerity, and that he really wants to listen. He's saying I can trust him, but I can't trust him with everything, especially knowing his back story with Daehyun. He wants to make up for what he did, and I guess I should give him a second chance, even though i'm not fully honest with him.

Minhyuk took me to a cafè that's about 5 blocks away from the guy's bar. I'll be going there later anyway, so I thought it was fine. It's not like we're here for any other reason, just to talk. Minhyuk went to our table, holding two cups of coffee in hand. Compared to his aggressive personality, when he was still trying to pursuade me to be his girlfriend, he's much calmer now. He's the being complete opposite of how he was before. I don't know if it's just an act, but if it is, then he's insanely good at it.

 


Minhyuk: I got you a macchiato. Is that okay?
Me: Of course. Thank you. You didn't have to bother though.
Minhyuk: Of course I did. So, anyway. Your friend's problem?
Me: Oh. Yeah. Well ... She likes this guy ... actually, she's not sure. She thinks she does though ... but she's been depressed ... because she doesn't know how he feels about her.
Minhyuk: Uh huh. 
Me: She said he's been showing all these signs, but his words say otherwise. Like, he's acting like they're more than just friends, but he always points out that their relationship is nothing more than friends, or at least that's what she tells me he says ... She's been really depressed ... I ... I don't like seeing her like that.
Minhyuk: I see.
Me: ... Have you ever had an experience like that?
Minhyuk: I don't think so ... her story is so one-sided.
Me: What do you mean?
Minhyuk: Well, you're friend only told you the things this guy did. Did she tell you what she's been doing? How she acts around him? How she talks to him? Does he know her feelings?
Me: Well ...
Minhyuk: Girls aren't the only ones worried about how a guy feels about them. Guys are worried too. We can't read mind. Sure, the usual thing is that the guy's the one that's supposed to reach out to a girl, but some of us are afraid of rejection. We tend to keep our feelings locked up, especially when we're worried that things would go wrong. We don't know what girls are thinking. We also take the things they say differently. Boys are very defensive and protective of themselves. If we know it'll be of disadvantage to us, we'll say the opposite of what we actually feel.
Me: But, what if he's not saying the opposite? What if she's afraid to admit her feelings, because she's afraid he doesn't feel the same way?
Minhyuk: Well ... that's risk she has to take. If they're friends, she can't just keep her feelings a secret forever. It'll hurt her the most. It's easier said than done, but she has to do it. 
Me: ... Isn't there a saying that action speaks louder than words? So, if he's pushing her away from the whole "relationship" thing, shouldn't that be a sign to him not being interested?
Minhyuk: I think the best thing is to be honest with yourself. You're the only one who knows your limits, and nobody else. You know what you want to do. That's the only thing I can say to her. I mean what else can I say? I'm not really the right person to give these kinds of advices though. Even when you're honest, sometimes it just doesn't work out so well. Look at me now. *awkwardly chuckles*
Me: Huh?
Minhyuk: I tried to be honest with my feelings for you, and I got rejected. It didn't turn out so well, but we're friends now right? So ... I guess this is better than not being able to talk to you at all. It doesn't always end up great, but at least I still get to be by your side.
Me: ...
Minhyuk: ... Sorry. I shouldn't have said that.
Me: No. It's fine. I totally understand.
Minhyuk: No matter what the result was, at least I tried. I didn't exactly get what I wanted, but I have no regrets. Even though I feel you're a bit distant, at least I know you're trying. You're not the kind of person who would totally zone me out, because you're very kind.
Me: ...
Minhyuk: Well, It's getting late. Should I take you home?
Me: No. Uhh ...
Minhyuk: Your boyfriend's gonna be mad? Oh, I mean husband. He might get mad and punch me, if he hears that.
Me: I'm sorry about that.
Minhyuk: No worries. It was my fault too. So, let's go?
Me: Actually ... I'm not going home yet. I'm going to my cousin's--
Minhyuk: Oh yeah. I thought you would. That's why I took you somewhere nearby. Let's go. I'll walk you to there.
Me: You don't have to--
Minhyuk: Come on, Soomin!




Minhyuk took my hand, and we went out of the cafè. He's not even giving me a chance to say no. He insisted we just walked together. It's really awkward to be out with him like this. It doesn't feel right. When he saw how cold I was getting, he took off his jacket and gave it to me, because I forgot mine at home. I kept trying to give it back, but he insisted I keep on until we almost got to the bar. There was no one outside. It's not like i'm avoiding people seeing us, because we're not doing anything bad, but I think it's better if no one sees us. Especially Daehyun. He'll probably get furious about me hanging out with Minhyuk. I turned to him, and said my goodbyes, 2-3 shops away from the bar.




Me: Thank you for walking with me.
Minhyuk: Anytime. Make sure you get home safe.
Me: *nods* Thank you for the jacket. You can have it back n---
Minhyuk: No. It's okay. You keep it. You didn't bring yours, and it'll be much colder later. Keep it. You can give it back to me some other day.
Me: No, that's not ...
Minhyuk: It's fine. Please.
Me: O-okay.
Minhyuk: ...
Me: ...
Minhyuk: I better go then.
Me: *nods* Be careful.
Minhyuk: *stares at me* ....
Me: What is it?
Minhyuk: Nothing. Your eyes just look really sad. Are you sure nothing's wrong with you and Daehyun?
Me: No. We're fine. Thank you for worrying.
Minhyuk: Okay ... *touches my cheek*
Me: What are you doing?
Minhyuk: I don't know ...

 

 


Minhyuk started caressing my cheeks, and just staring into my eyes. I feel like he's casting a spell on me. I felt a pain in my heart. Minhyuk's actually really nice, but I know my feelings are with Daehyun. He must be feeling the same thing i'm feeling for Daehyun. Loving someone you know won't love you back. I turned my face away from his hand, bowed, and walked away. It felt so wrong to be with him, because Daehyun already told me not to be with him. Before I could get away, I felt someone pull my hand and before I knew it, Minhyuk was already hugging me. 

 



Me: A-are you crazy?! What are you doing?!
Minhyuk: I'll always be here for you, Soomin. We're friends, but I still haven't given up. I can give you something real. Just always remember that.

 


Real. I was struggling to get out of the hug, but when he said real, it made me stop completely. My relationship with Daehyun was already a lie from the start. When he said "real", I realized that that's what I wanted my relationship with Daehyun to be. Before I even start breaking down into tears, I pushed Minhyuk away and ran. The tears I tried to hold back started to come out, as I ran away.

--Daehyun's POV--

It's been days since I kissed Soomin. I feel like we're okay now, but we never really got to talk about the kiss. We tried acting normal, but at some point, we still end up being awkward. There's still so much I need to clear up with her, like what my teacher said, so I knew I had to get her. I knew she wasn't going to go straight home, that she was going to Yongguk's. I went there immediately after work. My aunt and uncle needed us to be at a party they're hosting, so I needed to discuss that with her too. 


I was on my way to the guy's bar, when I saw Soomin also making her way to the bar from the opposite direction. She doesn't notice me, but then I realized she was with someone else. Minhyuk?! Why is she with Minhyuk?! I quickly hid from the, and just watched them together. I don't know what Soomin is doing with Minhyuk again, but I felt a pain in my heart when I saw him hold her face. They were looking at each other for a couple of seconds, but those seconds felt like forever to me. Soomin pushed him away, but he quickly took her hand and hugged her. I saw her struggling to get away, and I wanted to go and help her, but when she just stopped and stood there. I heard him say he can give her something real, right before she stopped struggling. The pain felt worse. Seeing her with him, like that, felt like I was being stabbed in the heart. I was mad, but at the same time broken. My whole body felt numb, the pain was unbearable, and I just leaned my back towards the wall to prevent my body from falling. I wanted to hit something, and fast. I kept punching the wall next to me, because I felt tears were about to explode out of my eyes. The effort was useless, and I ended up in tears. Seeing her with him ... like that ... I felt like I just lost her. Completely. Is this what my teacher was trying to say? Was I too late? Is it because of the kiss? Maybe she realized that I was going too far. Maybe she and Minhyuk .... Maybe he can give her something better than I can. Maybe i'm just here holding her back.


--Youngjae's POV--

Daehyun texted me a while ago, asking where Soomin was, but I said I didn't know. He said he was gonna be here in a bit. A couple of minutes after telling him that, Soomin came bursting through the door, and running to the comfort room. She didn't even look at any of us, but asked if someone was using the comfort room on her way there. Himchan hyung and I looked at each other, confused. We went by the door of the comfort room, to ask if Soomin was okay, but we can barely hear her because of the sound of the faucet . 

 


Himchan: Hey Soomin! *knocks on the door* Are you okay?
Soomin: Y-yeah! I might need to stay here for a while though.
Youngjae: What?! We can't hear you!
Soomin: I-i'm fine! Please leave me alone!
Himchan: What do you think happened? 
Youngjae: I don't know. I better call Daehyun. 

 

 


I tried calling Daehyun, but he wasn't picking up. He should've been here now. Soomin's been in the comfort room for a while now, and Daehyun's still not here. When Yongguk hyung finally got back, he immediately noticed worry on our faces, but we didn't know what to tell him. After 5 minutes of that, Daehyun finally arrived. He doesn't look good though, almost as if he's been crying or something. His eyes are puffed, and his expression is far from being okay. 

 



Daehyun: Where's Soomin?
Youngjae: What happened?
Daehyun: I just need to see her now. There's something I need to say.
Himchan: You need to tell us what's going on, because we're getting worried.
Daehyun: Shut up, hyung.
Himchan: Aish! This kid. I'm being serious!
Yongguk: Daehyun, what happened?
Daehyun: It's good that you're here. It's something I need to tell all of you. But I need to find Soomin first.
Himchan: Well, she's been in the comfort room all this time.



And right on cue, the comfort room door opened, and Soomin came out. Her expression is much similar to Daehyun's. And her eyes look puffed too, but her face was wet because she probably washed it while she was in there. She looked suprised to see all of us here, and hear Daehyun has something to say. I still have no idea what's going on, but i'm really worried. Something definitely happened between these two. With Soomin coming out, excluding the dongsaengs, we all gathered and waited for what Daehyun had to say.

 


Daehyun: ... My aunt and uncle are having a party this weekend. Soomin and I need to be there. You guys can go too. They said you're invited.
Himchan: So it's time to finally see them again. What's the plan?
Daehyun: Soomin and I will go ... then ... after that ... i'm letting her go.
All: What?!
Me: W-what do you mean, letting me go?
Daehyun: After this party, you're going to be a free woman. You don't have to pretend to be with me anymore.
Me: What?! 
Daehyun: I'm announcing our marriage will be off.
Youngjae: A-are you serious?! What are you trying to do?
Daehyun: I appreciate all your help, but it's time I put a stop to this. We can't pretend forever, and I don't want to cause any more trouble for Soomin. So i'm going to announce our fake marriage, but I promise all of you that i'll protect Soomin. After this ... i'm moving back to Busan, and i'll be working there. I've been offered a job at the academy my old middle school teacher works at.

All: WHAT?!

 

 

Is he ... serious?! I know he loves Soomin, so why is he talking about ending their marriage, letting her go, and leaving Seoul all of a sudden?! I can't understand.

==================================================

WHAT'S UP EVERYONE?!
I know, this chapter's crazy. But I like crazy. Haha. Don't kill me, please.

Okay, kidding aside ... 
It's actually going to the exact direction I wanted it to.
I'm not saying it's good, but it's going to where I want it.
I know it's sad now ... but I promise everyone that it'll get better!

And sorry for not posting for more than a week. 
Like I said, I had exams.
I didn't expect my professors giving us tons of school work right after,
so my week was all about making reports and papers.
I survived all that, and now i'm back!
For now (or on days i don't have to be at school).

If someone reading this ever decides taking up LAW or a PRE-LAW course in College, be ready.
People think we're just sitting around, reading, but really.
I think it's the toughest thing to take up.
Reading too many books, too much studying, it's hard not to go insane when everything piles up at the same time. Haha.
Not trying to scare you though. 
You just have to know that that's what's coming to you.
If you want to know more about the struggles of a pre-law major, you can always talk to me!

Because the story going to where exactly I wanted it to ...
I'm worried this whole story might end soon.
Not because I don't have time, but the direction of the story is just going there.
BUT. It doesn't really mean it's really "ending".
Initially, I wasn't planning on making this story go up to 30 chapters, 
but I guess I like it too much.

Anyway, i'll make an announcement about that REAL SOON.
When the time is right.

Don't worry! I'll still keep updating this story!
I'll still keep posting chapters!

There might just be a change, and i'll need to ask you (readers) about it.

Well, just wait for it.
I hope everyone had a great Valentines Day.
I didn't. Haha. Kidding.

Thank you for reading, subscribing and commenting on this story!
It really means a lot to me.
Please wait for the next chapter soon.

I might've made a lot of you sad because of this chapter,
but I promise to make the next one better!
Have a great day!
And Happy Chinese New Year!

-dorobbongie :3

P.S.
Sorry for any typos, if any.
I'll fix them soon.