Chapter 8

Tell Me A Lie ( A Choi Siwon Story )

 

‘congratulations Ayumi-sshi...you’re 2wks pregnant!’

I stared in disbelief at our resident obstetrician and gynecologist late that afternoon as she told me the news and handed me my ultrasound and other lab results. I was trying to confirm my suspicions of the changes that is happening inside me, early morning sickness, weird and untimely cravings and a delay in my monthly. I didnt want to rule out any possible diseases but i wasnt expecting this news...i’m 2 wks on the family way, with no husband and no boyfriend it was a bit hard to take in.

‘im going to be a mother? A mommy?’ i whispered as i looked at the elderly doctor’s face as she was beaming at me like a proud mother hen.

‘yes child, you’re going to be a mommy...now i want you to take these vitamins and try to cut down on your working hours arraso? Eat healthy too...’ she said with a smile as she handed me my prescription and assisted me outside of her clinic.

The moment i stepped foot outside i sat on one of the empty benches at the hospital, no one was around and if there was they would just think that i was doing my monthly visit to my doctor which wasnt in anyway weird, and i can trust her to keep the news of my pregnancy a secret for a while. I sat there at loss for words as i touched my still flat tummy...i was going to become a mother, that was good news, if only i can share the news to the man responsible for it.

‘dont worry little one, i’ll take care of you. Mommy willl always be here for you, i’m not sure if i should tell your dad, we’re not on speaking terms really...but thats not your problem anymore, mommy will think of something...’ i whispered as i felt tears pouring from my eyes.

I stayed there for a few minutes deciding whether to tell the girls of the news, getting my phone from inside my coat i dialled Lin’s number since she was still in her clinic during those hours.

‘unnie! Yoboseyo...you closed early today?’ she asked the moment she answered my call.

‘hai...i wasnt feeling well today, uhh are you and the girls busy tonight? Can we have dinner at my unit? If it isnt too much to ask’

She giggled and let out a whoop of joy ‘of course unnie! We’re free as a bird...i mean with suju out of the country for another tour and the kids with their grandparents for the weekend we’ll only come home to an empty house, we can stay overnight if you like’

‘like a slumber party?’ i asked excitedly in between laughs ‘alright, bring your overnight bags, i’ll see you girls later...arigato lin-san’

‘anytime for you unnie...we’ll see you later’

I smiled as i ended the call, knowing now that i have a destination and a purpose for living. I would be telling my parents back in Tokyo next and i’m still doubtful if siwon needs to know of my condition that he is going to be a father, i wouldnt take away any rights that he has with the child but i would rather not face him. It has been close to a month since we last saw each other, since we last talked and every day was like a living hell knowing that we are in one city, in one country and in one continent yet we’re not talking. I transferred his file back to Lin and suggested another doctor since he doesn’t have any heart problems...if ever he does have a heart that is, i changed the design of my unit, all of his gifts i asked the girls to return it to him except for the teddy bear he gave me during our first date together. I even tried to go for a vacation but since i was jam packed with patients and speaking engagements i decided not to leave korea, but looks like i might be leaving soon because of my condition.

**

‘unnie? You’re pregnant?’

I smiled and patted my tummy, the girls and i were now settled inside my bedroom wearing our pajama’s and boy shorts as we all gathered in my bed, some were sitted on the floor with their sleeping bags. The television was on mute and it was playing a music video of suju and my eyes would always find their way to siwon’s handsome face and his chiseled body and i could feel myself getting teary again.

‘you and siwon oppa made a baby?? Aigoo!! That is soo sweet!’ khae whispered and hugged me ‘another suju baby is on the way...what a happy news unnie!’

Ria hugged me as well and gave me a kiss ‘senpai! You’re going to be a mommy soon, we’re happy for you!’

‘thank you girls...you’re like sisters to me...and its only fair that you are the first to know. I only found out today...’

Yna smiled as she took my hand ‘we’re really happy for you...but i dont want to ruin the moment...what about siwon oppa? Does he know?’

Lin snorted and munched on a slice of apple ‘i havent talked to him for weeks now, i still loathe him after what he did to you...but he does deserve to know unnie’

‘he should be inform then we tell him to marry you, or maybe ask just murder him if he doesnt make a good decision’ aia added

‘girls...arent we a bit harsh on the man? Ayumi needs a daddy for her baby...so we cant kill siwon oppa for now’ Sammie said

I laughed and sat up straight on my bed ‘no killing...i’m not sure if i’ll tell him about the baby, i mean after all he doesnt want my love, then again he deserves to know he is after all the father.’

‘maybe you should just txt him unnie...since he’s super busy’ Alyssa said as she rolled her eyes ‘that will surely give him the shock of his life, serves him right...’

I looked at them in complete wonder and shock but somehow her idea had merit, since he would always manage to avoid me if ever we’re in the same room together there’s no other way to tell him about my condition but just txt him. I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and started typing a message for him, not caring whether he’s sleeping or not.

Siwon’s pov:

‘hyung can you please pass the popcorn?’

‘huh? What was that wookie?’

Teukie hyung shook his head and handed wookie the bowl of popcorn beside me. We were all sitting down in his hotel room as we were watching a recorded copy of our concert in singapore and we totally nailed every performance, proving that suju is still on top of its game...but my mind was nowhere to what we were watching for i was thinking of Ayumi. Its been weeks since we last saw each other, i admit i handled the situation terribly and i know i’ve wounded her far beyond measure but the mere mention of those 3 words still has that chilling effect on me. I was unfair for i know Ayumi isnt like my ex but i got burned once and i wouldnt want that to happen to me again, i dont know if i can still handle the pain.

‘are you ok hyung?’ kyuhyun asked ‘you’ve been acting weird lately’

Fishy nodded in agreement as he sipped his soda ‘the girls arent talking to you...why is that?’

Everyone turned to look at me and i shrugged my shoulders, i havent told them anything about Ayumi and i but somehow i knew they had an idea what was going on...but before i could start telling them that we parted ways my phone vibrated from inside my pocket and i checked the message...it was from Ayumi and what she said took my breath away, with shaking hands i gave the phone to teukie hyung who in turn looked at me in confusion.

‘she’s pregnant?? Siwon-sshi is there something you’re not telling us?!’ he shouted

I cringed at the sound of his anger and nodded ‘ne hyung...where should i start?’ i answered in defeat.