Chapter 5

Tell Me A Lie ( A Choi Siwon Story )

 

It was awkward sitting in front of him after hearing what he said...i was trying very hard to control my temper and not just scratch his beautiful eyes out, then again as i imagined myself doing that i can see the headlines of every magazine and newspaper in korea ‘demented japanese doctor murdered for hurting choi siwon of suju’ and that was something i wouldnt want to happen. I love my life and knowing that this man probably has obsessed and crazy fans i’d rather not face their wrath but like what others said ‘hell hath no fury like a woman scorned’ and what i wanted to do right now was toss him to a sea of sharks and yet he had the nerve to smile at me. I rolled my eyes and focused my attention on the heavenly strawberry smoothie Lin served me a few minutes ago...if it was any consolation i always adored the food in Kona Beans.

‘Ayumi-ah...’ he whispered as he tried to hold my hand from the table ‘talk to me...’

‘iie! I am not talking to you...not now, not ever...’ i hissed as i moved my hand away from his touch ‘i didnt expect you to be that mean choi siwon!’

My throat itched from wanting to scream and cuss him out but i didnt want to cause a scene knowing full well our friends will wonder and as i look at them at the counter looking at us with funny expressions all over their face i would rather continue this facade of being nice to siwon even if i would rather see him drop dead in front of me.

I heard him sigh as he looked at me ‘are you mad at me?’

‘aniyo...why would i get mad?’ i answered him and smiled for the benefit of appearances ‘i’m your cardiologist...nothing more, and if i were you dont drink too much coffee, why not try tea..’

‘i am not going to eat or drink anything until you talk to me...’ he said with a playful grin

When he was in that mood i can already assume a lot of women would want to be with him, siwon can be pretty charming without trying and considering how attractive he is right now in his white shirt, jeans and loafers its not impossible if i find myself falling for him even more...but his words hurt, so i am not the kind of girl he would want to date? Nor am i the kind of girl he would want to love?? If only this idiot knows that i have fallen in love with him during the course of our so called relationship then i’m guessing he would run the other way instead of sitting here and trying to charm me to talk.

‘ohh!! What do we have here??’

We both turned around and i smiled in relief as i saw aia’s friendly face and beside her was none other than her very in love fiance kim yesung. I was very glad to know that they were getting married for despite the circumstances of what siwon and i have, i have become very much attached to our friends and knowing that aia and yesung are going to have the happy ending that they deserve made me very happy...who knows siwon and i still have a chance despite of everything.

‘we’re so glad to find you here with siwon hyung, ayumi-ah, are you enjoying each others company?’ yesung asked as he sat beside his hyung.

I smiled and nodded ‘ne...we are, i am so happy for the both of you oppa...a-chan! You’re really getting married!’ i said as i hugged her.

She laughed and hugged me back ‘i am soo excited and nervous for the wedding...but very much happy, please be there sempai...it would mean so much to me and itoshii’ she said as she handed me a rose pink envelope with their names engraved in front ‘please be there senpai...you and siwon oppa will be partners’

‘nande?!’ i asked and when i saw siwon pout and yesung laugh i rolled my eyes and nodded in defeat ‘fine...for you and yesung i’ll be there...’

‘arigato ayumi-san!’ aia said in delight and looked at siwon ‘oppa...you have to be on your best behavior alright?’

I scoffed but remained silent and smiled at aia...best behavior my . I was still very much upset after hearing him say those words...when will this idiot notice that i have fallen in love with him?? When will he realize that we were made for each other??

**Aia and Yesung’s Wedding Day**

I fidgeted with the straps of my dusty pink lanvin dress as i checked my reflection at the mirror, when satisfied with my appearance i just sprayed some perfume, checked my purse and walked out of my bedroom. Today was aia and yesung’s wedding day and as i checked my invitation it was going to be at the Yakcheosa Temple in Jeju. We were all staying at the beautiful resort owned by heechul oppa and i was somehow glad that they decided a wedding in Jeju for i’ve always wanted to go but couldnt get a much needed vacation because of work and worrying about siwon all the while. Speaking of siwon he was supposed to meet me in front of my room so we can attend the wedding together, it wasnt usual for him to be late.

I checked my wristwatch and it was only 5 min before the agreed time but he was still nowhere to be found. I sighed and shook my head as i opened the door to just get a ride from the others, there’s no use waiting for 5min more for someone who clearly has no interest whatsoever in being with me. Ever since i heard him say those words he has been trying to convince me that those words didnt mean a thing to me...bastard. i opened the door and found a breathless siwon yet he still looked very much handsome...be still my heart or i’ll throw you in the middle of the ocean til you learn your lesson, but he wasnt alone...he was with another girl, a girl i dont even know.

‘am i late ayumi-sshi?’ he asked as he gave me a smile

I raised my eyebrow at him, so we’re back to formalities now arent we? ‘iie siwon-sshi you’re just in time...let me lock the door first.’

‘who is she oppa? Is she coming with us?’ the girl with the big red bow on her head asked...oppa? really now...

‘ne tiffany-ah, she’s a close friend of the girls and a close friend of ours. Uhh Ayumi-sshi, meet Tiffany Jang, she’s one of the trainees of SM...she’ll debut in a girl group next month.’

I smiled and held out my hand in greeting to which the latter just stared at it and held Siwon’s hand. I sighed and shook my head as i put my hand down and looked away.

‘i dont like her...oppa’s mine you hear me Ayumi-sshi?’ she said

I rolled my eyes and nodded ‘who wants him? You can keep him if you like...he’s all yours. I didnt mean to be rude but i can be mean to people who deserves it. I’m going to go get a ride with khae and wookie, i prefer their company than yours anyway...ja mata’

I let out a squeal of annoyance as soon as they were out of ear shot...the nerve of that man! So we’re back to formalities now?? Two can play at that game Choi Siwon. I walked out just in time for i saw wookie’s car stop near me, he rolled the window down and looked behind me as if looking for someone.

‘noona? Why are you alone? Where’s hyung?’ he asked ‘thats his car right?’

I nodded and shrugged my shoulders ‘he’s going to ride with Tiffany Jang, can i ride with you guys?’

Khae smiled and nodded as she looked at me weirdly ‘did something happened unnie? Where’s siwon oppa? I thought you guys are going to go together...pretty lanvin dress by the way...’

‘he’s with someone else...its a long story but i’ll tell you guys about it along the way’ i answered as i got inside the car and just in time for siwon and tiffany were already walking our way...damn why cant they just disappear.

‘hey hyung...uhh noona’s here with us, we’ll see you at the temple alright? Dont be late...’ wookie said before driving off. I didnt bother to look at siwon’s face for i was still fuming with anger...so much for wanting to talk to him before we attend the wedding.