Scribble 002

Scribbles [HIATUS]

 

“—Mr. Kim Jonghyun.”

A nudge to his shoulder, made Jonghyun realize that he was sitting in the middle of class. At his left side Kibum was sitting and eyeing him, before fixing his eyes on someone behind him. Following his eyes, Jonghyun faced the woman in front of his desk, gulping. 

 “Yes?”

“Please continue reading from where your classmate ended,” the woman requested knowingly.

“… Um,” Jonghyun disoriented looked down on the book lying between him and Kibum – urgently scanning the opened page with his eyes, while trying to remember which sentence was the last one being read aloud.

The woman sighed and turned around, making her way towards the front of their class. “Please try to pay attention from now on.”

“No, please wait!” Jonghyun screamed, keenly, as Kibum had rolled his eyes at him, despaired, and pointed at the sentence Jonghyun had been looking for. “Found it!”

Jonghyun made himself a mental note as he started to read the page aloud, reminding himself to thank Kibum once he was done.

Then maybe he was able to get some of all his questions answered as well.

The boy never returned to their room last evening – Jonghyun had believed, that it was because he had heard his and Jinki’s conversation yesterday and then had gotten offended. But then when he had woken up this morning (and had pulled himself together to leave the sheets), he was greeted with a message scribbled onto the big, greenish blackboard hanging in the room.

The message was obviously from Kibum and he was apologizing for not being there, seeing that he had promised someone to sleep over, before he even got to know about his new roommate.

Jonghyun wondered if Kibum actually had sneaked into the room, to write the message for him while he was sleeping.

And when Kibum had had entered the class together with the tall dude from yesterday – and with the dude having an arm around his waist, Jonghyun could not prevent himself from wondering, if he was the one, that Kibum had spent his previous night at. 

As Jonghyun had finished reading, he picked up a nearby pen and pulled the paper block, which Kibum once again was busy scribbling on, closed toward him (earning a look from the boy in the process), and easily used his left hand to write a short message, saying;

 

Thank you!

 

Jonghyun studied Kibum as he looked at the two simple words. A moment passed and for a second he believed that he was not going to receive any kind of answer in return. But just as Jonghyun had lost his hopes about communicating with the boy, Kibum lifted his pen and started to write down.  

 

You’re quite dense, aren’t you?

 

He felt his jaw drop, as he saw what was written. Definitely not the kind of answer he had been expecting from the boy – not at all.

 

Huh?

 

Excuse me? Jonghyun thought.

A faint sigh was heard and as Jonghyun looked at Kibum again, the boy rolled his eyes at him.

 

Never mind.

 

Kibum hesitated a bit, before he continued.

 

Listen, I’m sorry about last night.

 

Wow. Did this guy have a split personality or what? One moment he is going all y on him and the other moment he is apologizing to him. For a short instant, Jonghyun thought about being sarcastic and write something in the direction of; Listen to what? – I can’t hear anything… But he eventually decided not to, and ended up responding;  

 

Oh, that? It’s fine. You had a promise to keep.

Just glad you ended up telling me.

 

:)

 

Jonghyun looked at the simple smiley he received in return. His eyes lingered on the paper for a small amount of time, before they started to travel upwards and were met with a relaxing smile. The smile soon faltered, when Kibum noticed that Jonghyun was looking at him, however.

 

Um. Jinki told me that you don’t speak?

 

Um? – He almost face-palmed himself by his use of words.

 

 Jinki is an idiot.

 

Jonghyun almost opened his mouth and spoke up, then – ready to defend his friend for several years, but then he thought about it and—well, Kibum did have right, to some point. Jinki could be a real idiot sometimes. So he eventually just shrugged and continued to read, what Kibum had been writing afterward.

 

I do speak.

Just not to you.

 

He winced, quickly looking up at the teacher, to make sure she was not watching them. 

 

Ouch, your honesty hurts.

 

Kibum just shrugged at him with a coy smile.

 

If you can’t take it – then fake it.

 

Jonghyun just frowned, and Kibum obviously noticed because his smile was soon replaced with a worried expression, as if he was afraid of, that he had offended Jonghyun.

And the blond then decided that he preferred his smiles, rather than his unsecure appearance; it made him look so vulnerable and Jonghyun almost felt the urge to protect him from whatever.

 

Sorry – I didn’t mean it like that.

 

Yeah. Well. I don’t think I understand?

 

Just don’t mind it – It’s nothing personal anyway.

 

What was Kibum talking about?

Another ‘silence’ followed them – only this time caused by Jonghyun, as he did not know what to reply. He really wanted to know what Kibum was thinking, but he was obviously not going to tell him.

So Jonghyun changed the topic into something else he had been wondering about.

 

Are you and that guy together by the way?

 

Kibum looked at him with a questioning look and an eyebrow cocked.

 

That guy? You mean Minho?

 

Kibum had hurried to scratch the first part, as he saw who Jonghyun had his look fixed on.

Jonghyun just nodded, despite the fact that he did not know the name of the guy – but he figured that Kibum knew who he was talking about.

 

No…

Not anymore.

Do you mind?

 

So he was right after all – well, partly.

 

That you’re not together anymore?

No, I was just wondering.

 

 To say that Kibum actually face-palmed himself then, would be an understatement. 

 

No! I meant do you mind I’m… that I swing that way?

 

Jonghyun grinned, for once feeling victory, as he saw Kibum turn his look away, hiding his head in his left hand.

 

You mean do I mind you’re GAY?

No, I don’t mind that, why?

 

Kibum exhaled and removed his hand from his face.

No way, was he actually blushing?

 

I just don’t want to share room with a homophobe – just so you know.

 

Actually, I used to date a boy myself, once.

 

The boy sent him a look of disbelieve – obviously not believing him one bit.

 

No way!

 

I did!

 

When?

 

Just before I started to date my current girlfriend!

 

Kibum hesitated a bit; then sighed.

 

Shin Sekyung, you mean?

 

Oh, you know her?

 

Duh. She is a famous actor – how can I not know her?

 

…Touché.

So… do you know me as well?

 

Obviously, or else I would not know that she was your girlfriend, would I now?

 

This guy just thinks he is so smart. Jonghyun could not help to smile, though, as Kibum stated that he already knew him. And neither could he help to think that it was the reason why Kibum had seemed so taken aback around him.

 

You have attitude.

 

And you have been published in quite a lot of stuff – because of her.

 

That was so out of context, and it hit Jonghyun hard, almost as if Kibum knew that it was a sore topic for him.

 

Right, because of her – unfortunately.

 

Huh?

 

Jonghyun could not figure if Kibum actually was interested in what he had to say about that case. All he knew was that Kibum was about to look quite bored. But he eventually just ignored it and continued.

 

Sometimes it just feels like I’m living on Sekyung’s fame.

Like, I am not known as Kim Jonghyun, but as Shin Sekyung’s boyfriend.

 

Kibum did not hesitate to reply.

 

You look good together though.

You seem like an amazing boyfriend :)

 

Jonghyun smiled again (and something about the plain smiley was really gratefully).

 

Are you jealous? ;)

 

Now it was his time to make one – if Kibum could, then he could as well.

 

Maybe a bit? ;)

 

Okay, this took him aback. This he had not expected. Was Kibum joking with him? They were just playing around, right? Of course they were; they had just been sitting and writing about Sekyung – his girlfriend, for god sake.

Jonghyun cleared his throat and looked up at the blackboard then – not able to handle the conversation right now.

(And feeling his face heat for some strange reasons).

 

So, why aren’t you and Minho together anymore?

 

Jonghyun did not know if this was a wise topic to change to, but as Kibum was writing his reply, he seemed just fine with the change of topic.

 

He felt in love with his roommate.

 

I’m sorry about that.

 

Don’t be.

His roommate is really great.

 

Oh?

 

Well, Minho is a nice guy but… I guess we’re better off as friends.

 

Jonghyun nodded thoughtfully, as he read the sentence through a couple of times before replying.

 

So, in the last end you didn’t have any feelings for him?

 

Right; at least not such kind of feelings.

 

I see.

 

I’m going to eat lunch with them in the break.

Do you want to join?

It’s quite awkward being alone with them.

 

Jonghyun laughed quietly. He liked were this conversation was going; it was going way better than he had imaged, when he first wrote Kibum. He was even being talkative now – well, on the paper.

 

Oh, so do you think it will be any less awkward with a guy you don’t even want to talk to?

 

…Do you want to or not?

 

Well, if you haven’t regretted asking, then I would like to.

 

That’s a deal then!

 

Kibum smiled at him again.

The bell decided just then, to whoop itself up for the students, indicating that the class had come to an end – and at the same time Jonghyun wondered what the hell he had agreed to; last time he checked Minho did not quite seem like one who would like to hang out.

“Kim Kibum and Kim Jonghyun – before you go, I would like to talk with you for a moment.”

Jonghyun looked up at their teacher, cursing for himself.  

 

 

 


 

 

 

Legende: By now, I wonder if Jonghyun also are going to curse in the ending of third chapter.

Besides that, I think we can all agreed on, that I will never upload another fanfic, unless I already have 5-10 chapters written beforehand, so I won't let my readers wait a freaking month for the next chapter! OTL 

Anyway, I just hope you liked this chapter, so I haven't let you wait for nothing ^^'

(It is amazingly how quick it goes, once I pull myself together, seeing that I have been writing 2/3 of this chapter tonight OTL). 

 

Until next times ~  byes.