The invitation letter

The boy who was cursed?

 

It was a bring spring morning; well I wouldn’t say morning because it was just a bit after noon. It was only the second week of spring so the weather was more on the cool side then cold. Anyway I’m just at the florist choosing what flowers to buy. The owner of the shop doesn’t mind me staying here for a while; she is one of my mother’s closest friends so she enjoys my company for a while. As I was walking past different flower I was stopped by purple tulips that looked like they were freshly pick. Even though I liked yellow tulips the colour of these purple ones were a deep dark purple that I thought would give my apartment which was paint so white a bit of an edge. As I picked up a bunch and let the water drip off the ends of the stems back into the bucket Kim Hyun Joong and his new girlfriend appeared near the door of the florist whereas I on the other hand was on the other side of the shop. I sense him looking at me like staring at me as if was a ghost or something. As I stare at the tulip that were in my hand and sorting out which one looked worthy to buy the painful memories of how he broke up with me started to flow back in my mind.

Flashback

It was the middle of winter and I was sitting on the window seal in my apartment staring at the view of the night city with and mug of fruit flavoured tea in my hand. My apartment was pretty high off the ground; actually it is in a skyscraper and my home is on level 12 so it is a big drop. As I was admiring the view my phone rang. The caller ID was Kim Hyun Joong; wondering why he called me at this time of night I picked up.

-“Hello”

-“Hi” he said in an emotion less voice which I found strange.

-“What’s wrong?” I asked in a worried voice.

-“I can’t go out with you anymore”

-“You what? Why?” my voice started to tremble.

-“It’s because…” he paused. “You’re an eyesore!!” I hear another girl’s voice.

-“Megan! Shut Up!” He was yelling at the other girl. “What! That’s what you told me. She’s an eyesore!”

-“Is that true? That you think I’m an eyesore? I see” I asked him in and emotion less voice.

-“_____ please don’t listen to what you just heard. I just don’t have feelings for you anymore” he said. you, you bastard. “I hope we could still be frie-” I hung up before he could finish his sentence. I’m not taking that bull.

After that night I gather all the things that gave me like stuffed animals, jewellery, clothes and other stuff and mailed it to him. I don’t need it and I was nice enough to send it back to him. But a few days after I sent them my doorbell rang and there he was with the box that I sent him with all his things in it. “______ I gave these things to you and I don’t want them back” he shoved the box in my arms and started to walk away. I held the box, closed door to my apartment and started walking in the same direction as him. When we were on the ground floor he realised that I was right behind him with the box still in my hand. “______ where are you going?” I didn’t answer him instead I gave him a cold hard glare before walking again. For some reason he followed me wondering what I was doing. I turned to the left when I was outside to a small alley. When I saw the master bin open I smiled a bit. He suddenly spoke “What are you doing?” “Since neither of us needs this I will dispose it” I answered him and chucked the box it in bin. After the box landed in with a crash I turned around and saw hurt in his eyes but I don’t care. Instead I told him in a cold voice “If you come back here I swear you will regret it?”

After that incident I changed my wardrobe; I put all the dresses and girly thing in the spare wardrobe. The wardrobe in my bedroom only had tomboy clothes. I went into the bathroom and oped the cupboard and got hair dye and a pair of scissors out and put it on the bench. I held a piece of my hair and lead the scissors in but before I cut that piece of hair I remembered the promise that I made to my mother that I won’t cut my hair short and leave it long. I slowly moved the scissors away and placed it back on the bench and stared into the mirror again. I notice that my hair has been a brunette colour for a long time so I picked up the back hair dye and dyed it back to my natural colour. It has been a while since it was that colour. When it was safe to touch my hair again I felt it and it’s like I missed this colour.

Back to the present his girlfriend noticed that Kim Hyun Joong was looking at me and asked “Do you know her?” I looked up at her face. She was really pretty and answered “I’m sorry but we have never met before and it you will excuse me but I’m going to pay for these.” He had the look of disbelief in his eyes but I ignored it and walked up to the counter and gave the owner flowers to rap them up, after that I paid her and gave her a smile before walking out.

When I got to the building of the apartment and checked my mailbox before heading up the elevator. There was a bunch of mail I bet they are bills. I decided to look at then when I get in my apartment. I walked in my apartment and placed the mail on the kitchen bench and took the rapping of the tulips. I took a vase out of a cupboard in the kitchen and filled it with water then placed the vase on the dining table and put the tulips in the vase. After in fixed it up I took a step back and had a look. It was just how I visualised it, perfect. After that I went over to the mail and look through it: water bill, gas bill, electricity bill, (ohh) bank cheque, (ohhh) pay cheque and what is this? It says To Fair Maiden on the envelope. On the back it was sealed with dry wax with the stamp of a lion’s head just like in movies I’ve been watching about the Medieval and Renaissance era. Anyway opened it and red it:

Dear Fair Maiden

You are invited to join a mask ball of Master Cho

The ball will take place at Rokkugo Mansion (A/N: Don’t Ask about the name)

At 9pm on Friday the 18th of January

Sincerely Super Junior

 A mask ball? Should I go or not? The 18th, that’s one week from now. I’ll decide later. I thought as I put down the invitation on top of the envelope on the kitchen table.