Chapter 9

She Is Not My Protector!

Siwoo had his guitar in his hands. He kept tuning his guitar to get the right tone for their upcoming performance outside of the school hall. He wasn't really tuning it. He was very nervous actually to stand on the stage in front of everyone that always ignored him and assumed him invisible. Now is the time for him to show who he truely is.

He stopped tuning and looked at the students that walked in and out of the hall. He looked around to search Lee Junka. She haven't arrived. He knew it that she won't show up after what happened last night. He shook his head, wondering how was he going to perform without her. He and Junka was the 7th contestant to perform out of 15. He wanted to believe that he could do it by himself even though in the end Junka won't show up either but he knew he couldn't. He needed someone whom he trusted the most to support him. He needed her help. 

He shook his head, fixed the position of his guitar on his lap and tuned it again.

 

Junka leaned on the wall with a can of cold ice lemon tea in her hand. Her legs were straightened on the floor. She closed her eyes and let the wind from the rooftop slapped her cheeks so that she would feel calm. Yes, she went to school but she didn't go to the hall where every students including Siwoo were gathering. She decided not to go to the crowded place because she hated it. Plus, she was still miserable about last night. She needed time to think.

 

Siwoo stood behind the curtains. After this couple performed, it was his turn. He took a deep breath again and again. The 6th contestant finished their gag performance. He took one last deep breath. The MC announced his and Junka's name and the MC off from the stage.

Siwoo walked to the center of the stage. The prop team already put 2 chairs for Siwoo and Junka to sing. Siwoo sat on one of the chairs and took the wire from the amplifier. He plugged it on his guitar and started to tune so that it fits with his singing. The guitar is tuned. He lowered the mic stand in front of him so that it is parallel to his mouth. 

He took a deep breath. "A..annyeong,,ha,,a,,seyo" he stuttered.

Someone booed at him when he stuttered. The voice came from the corner of the hall and it was Kangjun who boo-ed. The boo-ed followed by others. Siwoo gulped and he tried to ignore them. 

He played his guitar. His fingers were shivering and the sound wasn't right. He tuned the guitar and tried to play it again. It was still not right. When he was fixing it, suddenly one of the judges asked him to stop playing and it was Mr Seo. "Where's your partner?" he asked.

"She's..." Siwoo stuttered. He didn't know what excuse to give.

"I'm here" a voice came from behind the curtains backstage. Siwoo looked over his shoulder and a smile curved on his face. He felt relieved to see Junka walked towards the chair beside her. 

Junka took off one of the mic from the mic stand and sat comfortably on the chair. As she settled down, Mr Seo asked, "Where've you been to? You might get disqualified if you didn't show up"

Junka looked into Mr Seo's eyes and smiled. When she smiled, Mr Seo could clearly see her sharp and white fangs. It were like threatening him to kill him if he protests more. "I'm here now Mr Seo" she said with a calm but sharp voice. 

Mr Seo shrugged, "Okay then. You may begin now"

Junka nodded and turned to face Siwoo. Siwoo have been looking at him with a very delightful and pleased face. Junka was surprised to see that kind of face Siwoo showed to her. She grinned and said between her teeths, "What is wrong with you?"

Siwoo grinned wider and said between her teeths, "I'm so happy"

"Shut up and just play. Let's get this over quickly" Junka said while facing in front.

Siwoo started to strum the guitar and Junka began to sing when it was her part. Everyone in the hall seemed stunned to see Siwoo and Junka to be very talented in singing and of course extra credits go for Siwoo because he played the guitar. They changed the rythm and the melody so it would be very nice and beautiful to hear. Siwoo composed the song to a acoustic version and it was excellent. The judges and the students like it. They were more fascinated when Junka did the high notes in the song. 

They receive a loud of round of apllause from the audiences. Siwoo smiled wider because he felt so happy to receive such response from the audiences. 

When they got off the stage, they went out of the hall. Both of them couldn't stop smiling because they did their very best to perform. When they were outside, Junka turned around to face Siwoo while Siwoo was leaning the guitar bag on the wall. Siwoo looked at Junka with a very wide smile and hugged her. Junka's eyes widened when Siwoo hugged her, tight. 

He closed his eyes and whispered into her ears, "Thanks. Thank you for showing up. I am so happy when I hear your voice. I thought you will never show up after what happened last night and I am sorry"

Junka stuttered, "It..i.s..okay" After hearing it, Siwoo hugged her tighter. Junka's hands were trembling. She didn't know if she should or shouldn't hug him back. Her arms were rested at her side. Slowly, she raised her hands behind his back. Before she could hugged him back, she saw someone's walking out of the hall and searching them that made her pushed Siwoo away from her.

It was Yu Barom. 

Siwoo was dumbfounded. He turned to the way where Junka was looking and he saw Rome slow jogged towards them. Siwoo just let out a sigh because he knew he had to leave them after that. 

Rome stopped right in front of them with a wide smile on his face. "You guys were great" he said with two thumbs up. "I didn't know that you are good  at playing guitar Siwoo. I can play lots of instruments. Who knows maybe one day we can form a band" he continued.

Siwoo smiled awkwardly. "Yeah thanks"

Rome turned to Junka. He bent a littlle so he could whisper into her ear. "I remember when you sing the other day"

Siwoo coughed and slung his guitar bag over his shoulder. "I think I should go now" he said and started to walk away.

Junka couldn't utter any word so she just watched him go. She looked back to Rome and narrowed her eyes. "You know the reason why I joined the contest back then"

Rome held his chin, pretending like he was thinking. "I do remember" he said.

"Whatever" Junka mumbled and walked passed Rome.

 

Siwoo was butting in his earphones in his ear and he started whistling to the song he sang earlier. Suddenly, a girl blocked him from walking. She was a bit taller than Junka but he knew that she wasn't the same grade as he is. She had long hair and it was shiny black. Her cheeks were puffy and she was very slim. The girl suddenly reached out her hand and gave him a piece of letter to him.

Siwoo felt suspicious. He looked to meet the girl's eyes and asked, "Is this a prank?"

The girl didn't say anything but just shook her head. She looked shy. Siwoo took the letter. Once he took the letter, the girl ran off to somewhere else. Siwoo felt weird. He opened the envelope and there were some pictures of him that was taken by candid and also a letter. 

He opened the letter and read it.

'I liked you since the first time I saw you stepped into this school. You never notice me but I know that I have crush on you. I've watched such pain you've been through and I know one day you will be brave to face it. I decided to confess if you do something brave and you did it today. Congartulations. If you want to know me, meet me on next Tuesday at the cafe in front of the subway.

Your secret admire<3'

Siwoo's eyes widened and gasped. "I have a secret admire"

------------------

Junka and Siwoo skipped the classes for a day. After the school announced the result of the talent contest the day after, they felt delighted and extremely happy because they were placed second. They were lost to the gag couple. Still, they felt that winning second is more than enough. Junka didn't expect to win but she did her best to help Siwoo to wake up from his little terrified world.

They were leaning on the wall at the rooftop. Side to side. Legs were straightened on the floor. The wind on the rooftop was so relaxing. It even made Siwoo fell asleep. Junka had a can of her favorite ice lemon tea in her hand. While she drank it until its last drop, she turned her head to see Siwoo smiling with a smile on his face. Junka laughed a little to see such person to smile even sleeping when he was too happy. She put the can aside and looked at Siwoo again. Siwoo's face was so shining. It was sparkling in her eyes eventhough they were sitting under the shades despite the scorching sun. He looked pure and angelic. He looked perfectly calm.

Suddenly, Siwoo's head fell on her right shoulde. Her eyes widened. She was froze. She didn't know what to do. She blinked once. Twice. Thrice. Siwoo tickled her when he slightly moved his head on her shoulder like a cat purr. Junka just gulped. She never felt this awkward even though Minwoo did the same thing many times before. She just stayed still. Not even dare to move an inch. She was afraid that it would make Siwoo wake up from his sleep.

1 hour after, Siwoo tilted his head sideway. He lifted his head from her and stretched his neck. He clasp his hands together and stretched his arms. Junka gasped at how numb her shoulder felt. She tapped her shoulder and her neck.

Siwoo looking innocent, looked at Junka with a smiled. "How long I've been asleep?" he asked.

Junka glanced at her watch. "About 1 hour and half"

"Really?" he smiled, still stretching his arms. "It is so calm on here that I guess I would fell asleep until tomorrow morning"

Junka smirked. "You really don't know why you actually feel comfortable to sleep up here?"

Siwoo narrowed his eyes. "Because of the environment?"

Junka hissed, "Just forget about it" She patted her shoulder and her neck several times. 

Only then Siwoo realized that he was comfortable because he slept on her shoulder. "Sorry" he grinned innocently.

Junka shook her head. "It's okay. I'm used to it. Minwoo did longer than you" Siwoo put his hand on her shoulder. He tried to massage it but Junka shoved his hand away. "I'm okay" she said, sounded pissed.

Siwoo pouted. He took a can of unopened ice lemon tea beside him. He opened it and passed it to Junka. Junka took it and drank it. 

"Sorry again" he said.  Junka just nodded. A smile curved on his face as a thought of what he wanted to tell her came across. "I have something to tell you but I am too shy to tell you"

Junka rose her eyebrows, "If you want to tell me, just tell. If not, I'm not going to ask"

Siwoo shrugged, feeling upset how cold Junka responsed to him. "Fine. I got a love letter"

Junka's eyes widened. She didn't want to make it too obvious so she just coughed and looked away as long as she didn't make an eye contact with him. She took her bagpack and started to pretend searching for something. "From?" she asked.

"I don't know her name but I will know everything about her this coming Tuesday. Who expects that a guy like me would get a love letter" he smiled.

"Are sure it is not a prank?" she asked. Her hand stopped from searching and she was holding a pocket knife inside her bag

"100% sure because the girl gave me the letter by hand"

Junka smirked. "So are you going to accept her as your girlfriend?"

He sighed, pulling his knees closer to his body and put his arms crossed on it. His chin on his arms. "I don't know either. There's something I need to confirm before that"

"About what?"

"My heart" he said, looking into her eyes. "And yours" he added.

Junka stared back into his eyes. She wondered why does it have things to do with her heart. She blinked at him and Siwoo didn't say anything. Without Junka realized it, she accidentally gripped the pocket knife.

"Aghhh" she groaned. She took out her hand from her bag while still gripping the knife. Her blood was all over her hand.

Siwoo's eyes widened looking at the blood. He quickly opened Junka's fist and threw the pocket knife away. "What are you doing?" Siwoo asked and his voice was strict and calm at the same time.

"I.. don't know" she stutterd. Her hand was shivering. She didn't know why she felt confused so much at that moment. She hated the feelings. 

Siwoo quickly took out a handkerchief out from his pocket and wrapped it on her wounded palm. "Let's go treat your hand" he said while gently gripped on her wounded hand. But Junka forced not to go anywhere. "What's wrong?"

"Let's just stay" she mumbled.

"But your hand need to be treated as soon as possible. The knife was rusted" he exclaimed.

"I've been through worse than this. So just relax!" she exclaimed.

Siwoo sighed. He leaned forward and landed his lips on hers. It was a short but sweet kiss from him to her. Junka was bewildered. He shifted from her lips to her ear and whispered, "Please help me do something that I could and by that means take you to give a right treatment"

He moved and looked into her eyes, waiting for her response. Junka didn't response anything instead she stared him back. Siwoo sighed. He didn't have any other choice other than lift her up to the treatment room. He scooped her up and he quickly ran downstairs towards the treatment room.

 

Junka got a bandage from her wounded hand. Siwoo was there with her all the time when the school's doctor treat her hand. When the doctor was done and went to her desk, Junka glared at Siwoo.

Siwoo who was standing right next to the bed where Junka was sitting looked down at her and mouthed to her, 'Mwo?'

"Don't you ever do that again" she hissed.

"Do what?"

"Everything"

"Fine" he shrugged.

"You are strong you know" Junka complimented him.

"Really? I know my muscles won't fail me" he grinned.

Junka gave a strong punch and his tummy. Siwoo held his tummy and groaned in pain. "Not as strong as me" she muttered.

-------------------

To be continued...

 

~~~

Wowww. This story already have 12 subscribers and more than 1k views. It means a lot to me. Thanks subscribers and readers. I really appreciate it. Really. Thanks a lot. ^~^ Sorry for taking too much time in updating this. I've been busy with college life since early June. Anyway, hope you enjoy this. Don't forget to leave comments :) Spread the love.