Chapter 5

She Is Not My Protector!

Day by day, Kim Taemin and Lee Junka were getting closer. Siwoo forgot about how fiece Lee Junka was and he slowly got better and closer to her.

It was the night before the test. Siwoo walked at the roadside while he had his iPod on and his favorite songs on playing. He also had his bagpack on that filled with History revision books. He stepped into the main entrance of the apartment and headed to the elavator. He pressed the 9th floor.

DING! the elevator sound. He arrived at the 9th floor. He quickly walked to the 9541 apartment. Once he was in front of the door, he put up a smile and pressed the door bell.

DING! DONG! There was no answer so he pressed it again. DING! DONG! Soon after that, the click sound of the door's lock was heard. The door opened and it was Minwoo who greeted him. 

"Ah Siwoo. Come in" Minwoo smiled and took few steps backwards while still holding the door to welcome Siwoo. Siwoo stepped in and headed to the living room. "Noona! Siwoo's here!" he shouted but there was no respond from Junka. 

Minwoo then walked to Siwoo with a square folded table with him. He handed it to Siwoo and asked him to open it while he climbed up the spiral stairs."Noona" he called. When he reached the room, he saw Junka was sitting on the bed with her phone in her hand. She wasn't doing anything. She was just staring at the screen. He sat on his bed opposite on Junka's and let out a sigh.

"I called you many times before don't you hear me?" Minwoo asked.

Junka nodded. "I heard you" she said lazily while staring at the phone.

"What is it?" Minwoo asked.

Junka let out a sigh and muttured, "Nothing"

"Is it Barom hyung again?" Minwoo asked.

"He's here" Junka muttured, putting her phone aside and looked at Minwoo. 

Minwoo let out a sigh too. "So you are going to meet him? I am so not gonna let you do that. Plus, Siwoo is waiting for us down there. We should go now. It's not nice to let our guest waiting too long"

"He is not my guest but yours" Junka said and her voice was calm. She tried not to show that she really wanted to meet Barom.

"Yeah right. Only today he is my guest after you got a text that Barom hyung is here in Seoul" he got up and walked towards Junka. He held her hand and gripped it strongly. "You are not going to meet him after what he have done to you. There's no way I'm gonna let you meet him"

Junka just smirked and held Minwoo's free arm. She grabbed it and gripped it tighter than Minwoo did to her. "You are not going to stop me because I'm your noona" Minwoo groaned because of the pain, still not letting go off her hand. Finally, he gave up. He let out a loud groan and let go off Junka's hand.

"What happened?" Siwoo asked. Both Minwoo and Junka looked at where the voice came from. Siwoo was standing on the stairs with his one hand on the rail and the other on the wall.

Minwoo and Junka laughed as they saw how worried Siwoo's face was. Minwoo walked towards Siwoo while rubbing his bruised arm. He stopped in front of him and held Siwoo's chin. "Let's go down first" Minwoo said and spun Siwoo around and forced him to go down the stairs. 

Siwoo turned his head over his head to have a peek of Junka sighing while rubbing her hand. He looke back-up at Minwoo and said as it almost a whisper because he didn't want Junka to listen, "I wasn't eavesdropping but I heard everything"

Minwoo gulped and cleared his throat. He leaned forward towards Siwoo and landed his chin on Siwoo's shoulder behind Siwoo's back. He wrapped his arm around Siwoo's waist and whispered, "I will explain to you later. Just not now. We have some study to do"

Siwoo smirked and let go off Minwoo's hands. He then sat down on the floor at the table and opened one of his book. Minwoo settled down in front of him and opened his own book. Soon after that, they heard Junka ran down the spiral stairs. She quickly headed to the front door and ignored the two guys in the living room.

"You are still going noona?" Minwoo asked.

While back facing them she answered, "Yes. I'm going"

"You shouldn't go" this time it wasn't Minwoo but Siwoo. "You have a test tomorrow and you are going out tonight. This is not right Lee Junka. You still need to revise more because after all these days, I still think that you can't pass tomorrow's History test"

Junka smirked and turned around to face him. Siwoo wasn't looking at her. He was only looking at the book he was reading. "Yeah. It's my marks anyway. If I failed, it's my problem and not yours. You are just my tutor. You don't have the rights to control me either I should go out or not" she spun around, wore her boots and headed to the door.

"Since I am your tutor..."Siwoo said before Junka could hold the door knob. He then continued, "...it is my responsibility to make sure you pass your test tomorrow. If you don't, it's not just you who will get into trouble. Me too. I should make it clear that when you are given the task to tutor someone, if the person you tutor does not get to the passing mark, you are going to take their responsibility. It's not my rule but one of the school rule" he explained.

Junka took a deep breath and turned the knob clockwise. She then stepped out of the house and left the two guys in the apartment.

When Junka left, both Minwoo and Siwoo let out a sigh. "He should have listen to you" Minwoo muttured and continued reading his book.

"Who is Barom?" Siwoo asked, closing his book since he wasn't interested to study anymore.

"Barom hyung is ermm.." Minwoo stuttered. He didn't know where to star or how to explain who is Barom. 

"Her boyfriend?" Siwoo asked.

"No no" Minwoo shook his head completely denying it. "Barom hyung is not her boyfriend. He is just...." Minwoo became silence and he took a deep breath. "I think you should ask Junka noona for yourself because she knows better" he explained and continue reading his book.

Siwoo just let out a sigh, open his book and pretend to read it. He couldn't study properly that night. The only thing that was playing in his mind was how is he going to ask Junka about Barom himselves.

 

As usual, he had his iPod and his favorite songs on when he was walking back to his house. It was almost 12am. His parents won't be home at this time but if they did, they would never care where their son have gone to.  

He hummed and did a little dance to the song he was listening. He jumped at left, right and left again on the road side. He was dancing passed a park and he took a short glanced at the park. He stopped dancing when he saw a familiar figure at the park. He took off the earphone and kept it inside his jacket pocket. He took few steps towards the figure carefully so that they didn't notice him. He hid behind of the big orange kids tunnel to get a better view. Confirmed it was like he suspected. It was Lee Junka. She wasn't alone. She was with a man. A very tall man. "He must be Barom" Siwoo muttured. 

They were sitting next to each other on the swing. Junka was laughing and smiling when she was on the swing. It was the cutest and sincere laugh he ever saw from Lee Junka. She looked happy. Very happy. 

Siwoo held his chest. His jaw dropped open and without any reason, his eyes suddenly became watery. He turned away and wiped his eyes with his jacket sleeves. He then continued peeking on them. Suddenly, Barom closed the distance between his swing with Junka's swing. Barom held tight on Junka's swing chains. They were facing each other. Eyes met eyes and their legs stradled to each other.

Siwoo could imagine how it would be. He looked away and continued his walk home with shattered heart.

Barom leaned forward. He locked his gaze with Junka. Their lips almost met. It was about an inch away until Junka turned her head and coughed. Receiving that respond, Barom chuckled and let go off their swings. 

He chuckled again and it turned to be a loud laugh. "What was I doing?" he muttured. Junka heard it just shook her head. "Do you still play judo?" he asked.

Junka nodded and asked back, "You?"

"Me too" he answered. 

Barom was her judo senior who is 2 years older than her. Yu Barom was the only person that Lee Junka couldn't defeat. He was too way powerful than her. Junka and Barom were 2 best judo players when they were in elementary school. They were very close back then. Very close that a boyish Junka fell for him. She loved him. She always loved him. Until the day she had the courage to confess everything that was inside her to him. Until the day she rejected him. Until she moved out. She still loved him.

FLASHBACK

"Is today April Fool?" Barom asked.

Junka's eyes fluttered. She looked up to meet his eyes. "I'm not kidding" her voice shaken.

Barom ruffled her hair and put a wide smile on his face. "Lee Junka, there are some things you can't play around and playing around with feelings included" he explained. He ruffled her hair again and turned around. Before he could walk away, Junka grabbed by his shoulder and forced him to spun around, facing her. Barom was startled by the action. Before he could say anything, Junka tiptoed and kissed him on the lips. 

Barom quickly broke the kiss and stumbled backwards. He wiped his lips and looked into Junka's eyes with a shock experession. "You took my first kiss" he complained.

Junka remained silence and she just bit her lips, wondered where she got the courage to kiss him. She wanted Barom to be hers so much that she had the courage to do that despite her appearance that look like a boy with her short hair. Her eyes got watery when Barom complained about the first kiss.

Barom sighed. He got closer and held her shoulders. She bent a little so that his eyes met hers. "Listen here Lee Junka" he began. "For me, you are like a little sister that I can share my secrets and problems. Not more than that. I am your sunbae and for me, I think, we should keep on this sunbae-hubae relationship okay?" he smiled. "Plus, you know who I have crush on too right?"

END OF FLASHBACK

He knew that she liked her but he had to reject her at that time. He thought it wasn't time for him to be in a relationship and plus, at that moment he liked someone else.  He had to reject her so he could be with someone that he liked. Soon after that he realized, the girl was someone he liked but the person that he loved was Lee Junka. He loved her. That was why he came to see her.

Junka wondered herself why she couldn't accept the kiss when Barom's lips were the lips that she wanted to kiss the most. She's been longing for that lips since the first kiss. She wanted it but she was someone who holds grudges. That was why she couldn't accept it but still, she loved him. Her feelings towards him never changed. Plus, she felt a sudden jolt in her when Barom's lips almost landed on hers. There was something else that stopped her from doing so. A something or maybe confused feelings of hers that made her to not kiss him.

---------------------

It was 30 minutes before the History test ended.

Junka couldn't recall any facts that she remembered before this. Even though when she looked at Siwoo who was sitting the test right beside her to get any inspiration, she still couldn't get the answers. Out of 50 questions, Junka could only managed answer 20 questions which, if all the answers were correct, she would still failed the test. She took a long and deep breath, didn't want to stuff herself with regretions of not studying History properly, she slowly put her head down on the table and closed her eyes.

"Time's up! Put down all your pencils and pens" Mr Seo announced. Junka quickly sat up straight as he heard Mr Seo's voice. Mr Seo walked to the front edge of the class, to the first table and said, "I will now start collecting the papers. Do not talk or chit chat while I'm collecting the paper" He started collecting the papers.

Siwoo turned to Junka and called her name, "Lee Junka" he said, keeping his voice down so that Mr Seo didn't hear him. "Give me your paper" Siwoo said while handing his paper to Junka.

"What for?" Junka mouthed to Siwoo.

Mr Seo almost reached their table. He had no time to explain. He got up a little and put his paper on Junka's table and took Junka's paper. He then sat back and erased Junka's name on the paper. He replaced her name with his.

Junka looked at Siwoo's paper on her table. She looked at the name section on the paper. It was her name. Siwoo had been answering the test for her by changing the name on the paper. Before Junka could say anything, Mr Seo already collected Siwoo's paper and he was turning to her table to collect the last paper. Mr Seo turned and walked back to the front of the class. 

"Good job guys. I will return back these papers after I've finished marking it which is maybe by next week or this Friday. I'm expecting a better result than the last time" Mr Seo said. Then, the school bell rang that the school hour was over. "Class dismiss" 

Junka turned to Siwoo who was keeping his books in the bag. "We need to talk" she said while putting her book in her bag.

Siwoo just ignored her. He put on his blazer that he hung on the chair and he put his bagpack over his shoulder and walked put of the class.

Junka just sighed trailing Siwoo out of the class. "YAH KIM TAEMIN!" she yelled. She quickly took her bag and ran out of the class. Lucky that Siwoo was turning at the corridor when she stepped out of the class. She chased after him.

When she reached him, she grabbed his right arm and twist it behind his back. The bag Siwoo was holding over his shoulder fell on the floor and he groaned because of the pain. "YAH! YAH! YAH!" he shouted. 

"You. Tell me the reason why you are doing that" Junka asked, still not letting go his arm.

"Doing what?" he asked.

Junka twist it again and Siwoo groaned in pain. "Don't make fool of me. Why are you doing all this?"

"I am the one who supposed to ask why are you doing this" Siwoo complained.

Junka twist his arm again. "You know what I menat. Why you wnat to switch papers with me?"

"If I tell you the real reason you won't believe me" he muttured.

"Louder" Junka twisted her arm again.

"I just don't want you to fail this exam" he shouted. Finally Junka let go off his arm. Siwoo streched his arm and rubbed the place where Junka gripped it.

"You shouldn't do that" Junka sighed. "If I fail it means I fail. There's nothing for you to worry about. It's my result and not yours"

Siwoo sighed. "I told you right? If you fail it means both of us will get punish and I don't want to be your tutor anymore. It's tiring"

Junka eyes widened, "So all this while it was a burden for you to tutor me?"

"Yes! You are one stubborn student. You never listen. That's why you always fail" he said almost yelled.

"That hurts dude" she smiled and shook her head. "Fine then! I will take the responsibility if Mr Seo knows about this" She tap on Siwoo's shoulder and walked home passed him. 

He frowned. "But you were not the one who wanted to switch the paper. It was me. So I will take the responsibility"  he shouted. Junka seemed to ignore it since she just keep walking without looking back. "You will never believe if I tell you the real reason, Lee Junka. Never" he muttured and his eyes get watery.

--------------------

To be continued...

 

~~~~~~

Hi. Author here. Sorry again for not updating it after a very long time. Please look forward to this story :) Spread the words. I love you and enjoy ^~^