chapter 2

Ko YangGi


 

2017 8.54 a.m

15 mins ago


Junmyeon is siting nervously againts the white leather sleeper couch. The young pretty psychiatrist assistant bows respectfully to him and serves a cup of ginger flavour latte with a little spoon of brown sugar. Junmyeon says thank you and drinks a sip. Trying to enjoy the sweetness and refreshing taste but he nervously can't, so he put back the coffe cup on the small table beside the couch. Deeply sighing while closing his eyes. Placing his palm on his left chest, feeling the rapid irregular heartbeat. 

 

 

"I shall not be like this. I have to remain calm."

 

Junmyeon scans around the room to divert his exaggerate anxiety. This psychological assessment room is slightly different from the waiting room outside. Mininalize interior. There are only two sofas, one of the is the sleeper couch where Junmyeon lying down right now. A small table between the couch , standing lamp at the corner of the room, and the most eyecatching thing is old 

 

He is about to stand up and leave the room hesitantly when another young man arrives, greets him with very bright smile from the door. The younger man who also wearing white coat over his dark blue plaid shirt.

"Good morning, dr. Junmyeon. I'm really sorry for coming late. I've just met my schizoprenic client upstairs. Emergency suicidal case."
 

Junmyeon is startled and can't leave the room but greets the other back. "No problem. I've just come here 5 minutes ago. "

He grabs and shakes Junmyeon's cold sweaty palm, and he smiled warmly. "Sit down please. Make yourself comfortable, doctor." He said with soothing tone. "No need to wrought-up. It will take quite a long time." 

"Y-Yah. Thanks..." Junmyeon smiled awkwardly and sits down again.

The other taller young man goes to the white cupboard at the corner of room to take Junmyeon's medical and psychological assessment record sheets. Then he steps back toward Junmyeon and sit down near him."It's seemed you have really thought it thoroughly to come here? Already strengthen your heart?

Junmyeon chuckles wryly "Yes. I couldn't sleep last night because today."

The other man tells Junmyeon to lie down onto the couch. "Most of my client would have sleep problem before taking this medication. Take a deep breath. You'll be fine. Dizzy head? Should I turn down the music volume or..?"

"I am okay with that." Junmyeon shifts his posistion to make it more comfortable.

 

"Good. Then may I ask you some question, doctor?" He carefully read the assessment result and creates some vaguely frown on his forehead that makes Junmyeon getting more anxious and curious hundred times. 

"Yes, please."

"How old are you now?"

"29."

"Is it possible for you to remember clearly your childhood time, the first time you met him?"

 

A long paused, but Junmyeon nodded. 

 

 

"When was it?"

 

 

 

 

"When I was 6 years old."

Junmyeon closes his eyes and takes a deep breath.

 

 

"So we have 23 years to be passed. It will take a full day process, about 23 hours. We will pass one year in one hour. Do you mind?"

"That question is supposed given to you." Junmyeon smiles. "Will you be okay observing me for almost 24 hours without rest?"

He laughed. "It doesn't matter, doc. I'm used to accompany my client no matter how long it takes until the medication's done."

 

 

 

"Just be relax, doctor Imagine, this time you are sleeping in your house, your own warm bed. Comfortably. You have to always follow my instructions, agree, doctor?"

"Okay."

 

 

"First. I need you to  write a namer... oh! or if you have the photo of someone you care and love the most in this world, the main reason that have made you think you need to uncurl your past memories. You no need to tell me what/who it is. Just keep the name or the picture in your head, and heart. It will be guide when you're lost on the way of your journey."

"I have a sheet of photograph." Junmyeon takes it from his leather wallet. The younger let him to look at the photo for a moment. Junmyeon takes a deep breath to hold his tears. 

 

 

"Enough? Keep the face of that person in your heart, doc. Now insert that photo into your pocket. You should not lost that photo. That's your only compass. If you lost that, I am afraid that you'll face difficulties to comeback to your conscious state."

"You mean, there's a risk to be coma?!"

"Depend on your conscious stage where you be at that time. You know right there are 4 stages of deep sleep. At the beginning of the session you will be in the 4th stage, means    you'll be at the very bottom of your unconsciousness-stage. Your condition will be similar but not the same to being a coma, slow heart rate, can't response to external painful stimuli, your nerves will be very relaxed. I can wake you up  The biggest impact will be risk to your recent memories...if you are stopped at a certain age, then you can't pass the next ages, your memories will be in stagnation as well."

".....It's worsen...."

"It is, Sir. There will always be a risk in serious medication treatment."

"I don't want to lose my recent memories. I have some people who need me protect them. "

"I'll try to help you as best as I can do, doctor. You just have to hold yourself to not lulled by your past."

 

 

 

The younger guy dim the lights and asks his assistant to close all the window curtains, then sets off the electroenchepalography on the certain meridian spots on Junmyeon's head to  measures voltage fluctuations resulting from ionic current flows within the neurons of the brain. "Sorry but I have to record your brain activites during the treatment. I have to make sure that you won't leak out from your hipnotic state and restrain the sudden consciousness."

"This sensation is weird. 7 years being medical expert but these is the first time being a patient. And honestly I feel fearful." Junmyeon chuckles at himself. 

"Yeah, You feel deeper empathy to your patient before surgery, don't you? They should be more scared like death!"

"You're right. Huh. I feel apologetic and regret my coldheartness toward my patients before. I promise I will treat them well and comfort them ... Oh Goodness."

"You're really good person, Doc."

"Don't say that~"

 

 

 

 

"Doctor, I will make the room dark so you can relax your eyes. You will only hear three voices around you. There are my voice, this sound of nature music, and the last is the ticking clock. Remember it." After seeing dr Junmyeon nods his head, he continues. 

 

"I will lead you to go to very deep sleep.

We'll be back to the time when you were 6 years old. In the 6 years old will be the deepest sleep of your journey.

Every hour you will hear the clock doongs for 10 times, means that you have to move to the next stage. 

You have to move before hear the tenth doong sound, whatever something bad or good are happened to you at that time.

 

Don't be late!! 

 

There will be 23 hours or 23 years or 23 stages you must pass.

Every hour you've been passed, means you're going up to the higher level of consciousness.

When you're approaching 26 years old, you'll start to remember anything related to your recent daily life, your memories and state of counsciousness will be nearer to the surface.

You will wake up and release your brace if you succesfully pass your 26 years old, alone.

 

Remember me, doc! You have to comeback here, to this real world....

 

Alone!"

 

 

Junmyeon gulped.

 

 

"You can stop here if you don't want to continue." The younger offers Junmyeon to stop once again.

 

 

But Junmyeon shakes his head. "I've already made decision. I can't retreat."

"It's not enforcement, Doctor. It comes from your heart. One answer, doctor. You want to stop or continue?"

 

Junmyeon closes his eyes while gripping the photograph in his trouser pocket. 

 

 

"I have to continue this!"

 

 

 

"That's great decision, doctor." Choi Minho smiled and grabs the oldest's hand. "You will be okay, doc. You do this for every goodness of yourlife. You can pass this, I am sure!"

"I hope so, thanks Minho-ssi."

"Pleasure. Okay, we're ready now. Time to close your eyes, doc. Let's start the journey, back to 23 years ago. You'll be in very deep sleep after I turn off the light."