Love's Melody VII - You're my melody

Love's Melody VII - You're my melody

 

“Rainie!” Jaejoong was all smiles when he got home.
“Looks like you have good news to share with me?” From his joyful tone, Rainie couldn’t hide her smiles either. The past month has been the happiest time in her life.
Jaejoong led her over to the couch and they snuggled cozily; he loved the smell of her hair and the way it brushes across his nose. “How did you know?” he asked her.
“I can hear your good mood from your voice so of course it must be good news.”
Jaejoong rested his head on her shoulder and closed his eyes; he felt safe and content and only she can make him feel this way.
“You know me too well. Rainie, just half month more, then we will be free.”
“What do you mean?” she was more alert now.
“I will leave the gang and then we can go far away from here and live now normal people. You don’t have to worry about me anymore.”
“Really?” She was happy to hear this but upon hearing this, fear also blossomed in her head yet she can’t put her finger on it.
“of course silly. This time I’m sure of it.”
Rainie turned around to face him. Although she couldn’t see his face she knew he must be all smiles. She too started to smile. At that moment they only had each other in their sight and in their heart. Love was in the air and they were two of the happiest people in the world.

Time rushed by and today was the way they had agreed on. Rainie was busy packing up their belonging but her mind was already thousands miles away and dreaming about their carefree life.
Ding-Dong- Ding – Dong, the door bell rang and Rainie rushed to the door hoping it was Jaejoong coming home.
In sharp contrast to the happy footsteps from one side of the door, the person standing outside was much quieter.
When Rainie opened the door, she was pulled into a tight embrace. Rainie almost screamed but the familiarity she felt can be from no one but Jaejoong.
“Jaejoong, what’s wrong?”
He didn’t say anything. With one hand hugging her, his other hand was searching for something in his pocket.
His breathing seems heavy and labored and she began to worry. When Jaejoong stuffed a small wooden box in her hand, Rainie felt his cold fingers. A warm fluid dripped on to her hand. It was blood.
“Jaejoong what is going on? You are scarying me! Please say something.”
Never in her life had she wished more for her eyes to be able to see. She hated that she couldn’t see him and she was scared. She was afraid to lose her only ray of sunlight in her world of complete darkness. She couldn’t hold back her tears as longer.
Jaejoong could no longer stay up; he was losing too much blood. Rainie couldn’t support his weight as he collapse onto the floor and taking her along with him. The floor tile seemed cooler than usually and Rainie tried to hug him and give him as much heat as possible.
“Jaejoong, hold on. I’m going to call for an ambulance.” But he was holding onto her and didn’t let her go. His right hand was holding his wound to slow the bleeding and he opened his mouth with great effort “rain…Rainie I love you. And…I…I’m sorry.
Without any warning, his hand traced down her arm and fell to the floor. Time seem to have froze because sudden Rainie felt no movement in the apartment except her own.
“Jaejoong, no! please, please talk to me.” Rainie shook him with all her strength hoping she could get a reply. “Jaejoong, please get up. I know you are just playing with me.”
Don’t leave me. Please don’t leave me.
His voice disappeared.
His warmth disappeared.
And the light of her life also disappeared, at the moment he left.

Many years later, Rainie found out Jaejoong’s real name was Hero and he was an undercover police.
Many years later, Rainie found out that inside the box she left her was a diamond ring. That day he was planning to make her his wife.
Many years later, Rainie found out that Jaejoong was an organ donor and she will be the one receiving his eyes. Fate continued to be cruel to her by giving back her ability to see only to take away the person she wanted to see. 
Many years later, Rainie found out that Jaejoong’s last words was not just an apology for breaking his promises; it included much more.

5 years ago,
“Put down your gun, you have no where to go.” Jaejoong and his team had the bank robber cornered.
It was 20 on 1 and the robber was completely outnumbered but it didn’t lessen the fear of the hostage.
“Do you think I’m stupid? I have a hostage; you can’t do anything to me. hahaha!”
Jaejoong tightened the gun in his hand he was waiting for the signal from his team captain, Jung sir.
Next to him he could hear his partner, Junsu cursing. As the most accurate gunmen on the team thye had to do the impossible again.
Pang, two shots went off followed by a loud scream. Jaejoong hit the man right on the chest while Junsu hit his right leg. The girl who was the hostage stood like a statue in the state of total shock.
With his least breathe, the gun raised his gun and started firing “I am taking all of you with me”.
“Careful” Jaejoong dashed toward the girl.
From behind him, Jung sir took a deep breathe and with perfect accuracy his bullet went right in between the robber’s eyebrows.
Everything seem to have stop and the girl collapse into Jaejoong’s arms.
Jaejoong’s the eyes were bloodshot and he was shaking as he held her. He had never felt this way before and it was all about the look in her eyes; the way she was begging for his protection.
Blood was dripping down his hand and he knew the stray bullet shattering window and all the glasses hit her from behind.
Jung sir and his teammates came up to him and the ambulance arrived on the scene. Finally the ambulance took her away and he was left with only the memories of her smile and the way her ponytail swaying in the air.

Many years later…
Tears filled her eyes and he became the depth part of her memories; a part that she dare not to touch lightly.
Touching his tombstone softly, she could hear herself calling out to him from the bottom of her heart. He was still smiling in the picture and still so handsome.
Without realizing, tears rolled down her cheek and once again, she cried till her eyes were red and swollen.
Rainie sat down and lean on the tombstone. “No there’s no space between us. Can you feel closer to me?”
Softly, Rainie whispered to Jaejoong what had happened to her recently; in a life without him.
Slowly, a smile formed on her face as the autumn wind brushed her hair against his picture.
Finally Rainie got up and put on her sunglasses; the ring on her finger glistened in the sun.

Many years ago, she had plant a seed in his heart and he promised to always protect it.
Now many years later, the tree continues to grow in her heart.
Autumn time seem to magnify once sorrow yet Rainie was not lonely because his love with always be with her.
Before she turned to leave, she whispered one last thing “Jaejoong, I love you too and thank you.”
 
No matter what the result this, at least the two of them will always have the memories of each other.

----------------------The end-----------------------------------
You're My Melody
When I close my eyes, the quiet sounds which are audible,
Your feelings, your small thoughts

I'm sorry, I'm sorry; I couldn't hear you due to the unnecessary sounds of my heart
The times of tears is now history, don’t worry, because

You’re my melody; I’ll perform you, on & on,
You’re my song, my life’s soundtrack,
I love you, for you brighten up my life’s stage,
I’ll continue to sing you, you’re my song

The times when my pride didn’t want to say ‘I’m sorry,’
My heart was extremely poor,
Will you come to me when my spirit is drying up?
When I’m about to break down?
Even the saddest times have an end just like a song, because

It’s your love, your love, how you showed me love,
You’re my rhythm, my life’s present,
Please become the beautiful dream of my life timelessly,
I’ll continue to sing you, you’re my song

The numerous sad love songs,
Although they seem to be about us,
You’re the most special person right now by my side,
When you close your eyes, the sounds you hear, your heart, I’ll sing them now

You’re my melody; I’ll perform you, on & on,
You’re my song, my life’s soundtrack,
I love you, for you brighten up my life’s stage,
I’ll continue to sing you, you’re my song

It’s your love, your love, how you showed me love,
You’re my rhythm, my life’s present,
Please become the beautiful dream of my life timelessly,
I’ll continue to sing you, you’re my song

It’s your love, your love, how you showed me love,
You’re my rhythm, my life’s present,
Please become the beautiful dream of my life timelessly,
I’ll continue to sing you, you’re my song