Chapter 1

You've Found Someone Else, Haven't You?

You’ve found someone else, haven’t you? Someone that you like better, enjoy more. A person that you find more attractive, more humorous, more outgoing, more compatible.
 

More perfect than Lee Sungmin...

Don’t think I don’t know. I’ve seen how you act around them. I’ve seen how you talk to them. You’ve only known each other for a short time but you already seem closer to them than you are to me...

 

Believe me, I know more than you think...

But, why? Why did the person you’ve quickly grow close to have to be the person I hate more than anyone else? Why did it have to be the person that I had to erase from my past those many years ago? Why did it have to be the person, than when I look at them, my stomach churns and I suddenly feel a rush of sadness, because of what they did to me?

 

Why? Why couldn’t it have been someone else?...

Please, Cho Kyuhyun, look around you. I know you’ve seen how I’ve been acting recently. Can’t you tell that I’m upset? Whenever I see you texting that person, or talking to them on the phone, or meeting with them at work, or telling me you are inviting them over to your house...

 

Don’t you see that it hurts me?...

Maybe I do only cry when you’re not around, and maybe I haven’t told you how I feel yet. Maybe I purposely try not to show my emotions, just so you don’t worry and don’t ask me what’s wrong. Deep inside I want to cry out, and I want you to hear me.

 

But secretly I’m afraid of that, and I wish you’d just figure it out on your own...

The pain is growing. I can feel it pounding throughout my body. But mostly in my chest. My heart is breaking farther and farther apart as I write this. I feel as if one half is mine, and one half is yours, and they are splitting with every passing second.

 

I know its only a matter of time until the pieces are separated for good...

But, as much as I feel like this can’t be fixed, I know there still is hope. Somehow, I know one of us will stand up and talk to the other person in time. We have been through too much to let our bond break over such a thing. Both of us know that deep in our hearts.

 

Though I still feel as if you won’t care how I feel and stay with that special someone else...

I always thought that we would stay together forever. No matter what would happen to us, no matter what got in our way, no matter if we disagreed. We promised that we would always be there for each other. Don’t you remember that?

 

Maybe I’m just overreacting to the situation...

Can we do this? Can Cho Kyuhyun and Lee Sungmin find a way to push through and prevail? I want to be with you forever. I really, truly do. But I feel like I can’t tell you my feelings about this someone else that you seem to love so much. On the other hand, I feel like if I don’t, you won’t bother over me anymore.

 

I feel like you will replace me...

I’ve cried too much over this. Every night my pillows and tshirts are stained wet. Maybe I should just give up. I don’t want anymore pain, for either of us. I think I will just move on. I will slowly distance myself from you, little by little.

 

Until we are strangers again...

If only you would see this, then maybe we could work things out.

 

But I know that will never happen...