FREEZE!

Prison Break

It was an ordinary day. So far. As usual, I had the late shift, and after locking up, I decided to walk home. My apartment was 5 blocks away, but it never really bothered me to take in some fresh air and just walk. As I walked around a corner, I saw two figures.

"Akari! C'mon babe! I wasn't cheating on you!"

"Oh yeah? Your such a liar Shou! I have evidence!"

She slapped him hard across the face, and he stood there for a second.

"Ok, I see how it is. You picked a bad day to mess with me babe."

He immediatly pulled a pistol out. I saw her step back.

"Woah man, ju-"

I was interrupted by a loud bang. He turned and saw me, a little startled. He shoved the gun into my hands, and ran. I just stood there, shocked at the sight of the dead girl. I must've stood there for at least 20 minutes, realizing I needed to get help. When I turned, a light blinded me.

"FREEZE! DROP THE GUN!"

I did so.

"Oh, thank god!"

"HANDS UP!"

As I put them up, a cop came and cuffed my hands.

"What are you doing?! I didn't do this! You have to believe me!"

I struggled a bit.

"Stop resisting."

He pushed me into the car. It must've been an hour before we acutally rode to the police station. I couldn't believe this. What had I done in my past life to deserve this? As soon as we got there, the cop pulled me out, and took me in. They began searching me, taking out my cigarettes, lighter, and wallet. Soon after, my prints were taken, and they searched my name 'Takanori Matsumoto.' They figured out this was my first arrest, and they took me to take my mugshots. To make things worse, I had to change in front of another man, and show I didn't have drugs. I put on the ugly green uniform. Soon they took me to my cell.

"Wait, what happens now?" I asked.

"Sleep. We scheduled you an early trial."

And with that, the door closed and locked.

The next day was a terrible one. I woke up from the reoccuring thought of the dead girl, just to be woken up again by cops. I didn't interact with the other inmates, because I knew I shouldn't be here.

"Hey pretty boy!"

"WOO!"

I gagged, almost ready to throw up over the terrible food, and the thought of the bigger men harrassing me made it worse. I was happy when an officer came to take me to my trial. She took me to a police car.

"Do you know how lucky you are? Usually people don't get early trials."

The officer driving continued to try and bring me down. I just ignored him.

"Well, Takanori-"

"Ruki."

He glared at me.

"Don't disrespect me boy."

He took me out and led me into the court house.