The Return

Coco
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s too late to go back now, is it?”

Jaejoong smiled affectionately at his wife. “We just landed.”

Sooyoung grumbled incoherently under her breath, ending it with a yawn that she tried her best to stifle. “I was pretty much out of it the whole flight.”

“You snore.”

“I don’t!” She squealed indignantly; her cheeks flaming up when some of their fellow passengers in the first class section looked ther way.

The dark haired man chuckled, reaching a hand out to caress his wife’s face. “I was kidding.”

A pout settled on her features. “You better be.”

“Promise.”

The announcement coming from the airplane staff kept her from replying and once the proper instructions were given, the passengers unbuckled their seatbelts and rose from their seats and prepared to disembark the aircraft. Jaejoong stepped into the aisle, reaching up to get their belongings from the overhead compartment; Sooyoung reaching out to tug the hem of his shirt down when it rose up with the movement.

Managing to hold their bags in one hand, he reaches his free one over to hold one of hers; Jaejoong leading the way and navigating the narrow aisle as the couple made their way through. Bowing at the airplane staff that bade them goodbye, the two stepped off the plane and were instantly welcomed by very familiar sights and sounds. They were really home.

“Where are we supposed to go?”

“Let’s see…” Jaejoong paused thoughtfully as they followed the rest of the passengers to the immigration. “Your mom and dad are in Jeju. My mom is in Japan. So that leaves on place.”

Her face brightened. “Our home.”

He smiled sweetly. It wasn’t just his home anymore. It was theirs – his and hers. “Our home.”

She giggled excitedly, squeezing the hand she was holding; their subsequent trip to immigration and the baggage claim done in relative silence. With their luggage and other belongings in tow, the newlywed couple proceeded to head out of the arrival area of the airport; Sooyoung opening to ask just how exactly they were going to head home when she caught sight of a familiar, smiling face.

“Mr. Tim!”

The grey haired driver laughed as the couple hurried towards him, lowering the placard he was holding that read Welcome home, Mr. and Mrs. Kim Jaejoong. “Good afternoon, ma’am.”

“Hey!” Sooyoung pouted. “Ever since I met you through oppa, you never called me ma’am. Don’t start now just ‘cause we’re married.”

“If it makes you happy, Sooyoung.” The middle-aged man laughed when she nodded earnestly, turning his attention then to the man he knew since the former was a child. “I assume your trip went well?”

“It did.” Jaejoong grinned, shaking the hand that Mr. Tim offered in congratulations.

Mr. Tim looked pleased. “Shall we go?”

He led the way to the waiting car; the two men exchanging looks in amusement when Sooyoung all but refused to let Mr. Time bring her things for her.

“Just because I’m married, it doesn’t mean I’ve completely changed.” She reminded him as she loaded her own suitcase into the trunk. “I don’t like troubling you, Mr. Tim, but thank you for the offer.”

“But Sooyoung…” His protest died in his lips when Jaejoong merely shook his head; the newly married man going on to load his own luggage himself as well while Sooyoung coaxed Mr. Tim into waiting for them in the car.

“You can’t blame him for wanting to help, you know.” Jaejoong told her casually as he properly shut the trunk.

“I know that. But you know how I prefer to do things I can do on my own and not be a burden to anyone.” She smiled as they rounded the car to stand by the door of the backseat. “I don’t need to be waited on hand and foot just because I’m Mrs. Kim Jaejoong.”

“That’s what I love about you.” He gave her a quick kiss, then opened the door for her, waiting until she was safely inside before he got in.

The short drive to the house was relatively quick, thanks to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter