02

Heaven’s Door

LAST KNOCK


 

 

 

Sunggyu played with the rubic for a whole day. It was a present from his secret admirer, with a series of number attached on the note like usual, 01111001. Sunggyu still couldn’t figure it out what the numbers mean for? Didn’t it would be easier if they write down their name instead of this serial number? Sunggyu sighed. He rubbed his tired eyes, feeling sleepy. But he couldn’t sleep before he finished the rubic box; it was just a little more.

 

Down, left, up, up, right, right, down, left, left. Sunggyu sighed, this was tiring. Up, right, right, down, down, right, up, left, left, down, rotate. “Done!” He lifted up the rubic cube up in the air. He made a triumph pose; wiggling his in the air like five years old kid that won a game. “Oh, God. I can’t believe I spent half of my day just to solve this.” He chuckled.

 

Sunggyu eyed the rubic box on his hand. There was an alphabet on each side of the rubic. O, L, S, M, V, E. He scratched his head, not understanding what the letters mean. He rearranged the letter one by one, and widened his eyes when he realized what it was. M LOVE S. S must be stand for Sunggyu, his name, right? And M? Was that his admirer’s initial name? M, M, M, M. Sunggyu didn’t know someone with the name started from M, except..... Myungsoo?

 

He almost gagged, chocking with his saliva. That must not be, he shook his head. But, it explained why his secret admirer knew his entire schedule and he well, Sunggyu always told Myungsoo about everything first beside his family. But, thinking that his best friend had a crush on him just... Sunggyu shook his head. M could stand for Michael, Maria, Minah, or Minho. Yeah, it was definitely not Myungsoo. He hoped.

 

“Oi! Hyung.” Sunggyu jumped off his chair when he heard his name was called. “Oh, Myungsoo.” Speak of the devil. Sunggyu immediately hid the rubic cube under his pillow. Myungsoo threw his body on top of the bed, beside Sunggyu. “Seriously, I will change my code later.” He pouted because the younger always invited himself to his apartment every day. Myungsoo just chuckled, closing his eyes. “You will tell me the code again later, no matter what.” He said. Sunggyu scoffed but not retorted back, because it was true.

 

“What are you doing here, anyway? You just lazing around on my bed or invading my fridge, you have your own home.” He poked Myungsoo’s cheek with his index finger. Myungsoo slapped the finger away, opening his eyes. “Ah, you reminded me. There this exhibition this Sunday and I want you to come with me.” He said, more like ordered.

 

Sunggyu whined because it was Sunday, and Sunday meant he can just stay at the bed for a whole day, cuddling under his blanket while watching some random soap opera that he grew attached to since one month ago. “Don’t want to. I have something to do on Sunday.” He reasoned.

 

Myungsoo clicked his tongue. “Tck, Kim Sunggyu. I know you have nothing to do on Sunday, and you will come with me!” he said in final, before closing his eyes again and pretended to sleep so Sunggyu couldn’t say no to him. Sunggyu puffed his cheeks before lying flat on his bed angrily. “Fine! But you will pay for my lunch.” He grumbled. Sunggyu closed his eyes too and sleep in angry, not noticing the little smile on Myungsoo’s face.

 

 

 

Sunday came and Sunggyu involuntary raised from his comfortable bed to get ready, Myungsoo just texted him that he would come around ten, which was 15 minutes from now. He knew how punctual Myungsoo was with time, it was scary. Sunggyu came out from the bathroom in his record time. He grabbed whatever tee and jeans he had in his closet and wore it.

 

The bell rang exactly when his toast ready, Sunggyu gulped his milk and took his toast with him. He grabbed his wallet and key and opened the door to see Myungsoo was standing there with hands crossed over his chest. “Why it took you so long?” he complained. “Gezz, it’s you who came too early. Moreover, you can always invite yourself in.” Sunggyu said with his mouth full of the toast that Myungsoo could only hear ‘early’ and ‘you’. “Don’t talk with your mouth full of food.” Myungsoo nagged.

 

 

 

They arrived at the exhibition and Sunggyu felt like out of place. “Why you didn’t tell me it’s a science exhibition?” Sunggyu nudged the man beside him with his elbow. “What’s wrong with coming to science exhibition?” Myungsoo nudged him back. Sunggyu stared at him weirdly. “Dude, I’m an art student. Art and science don’t come along.” He said. Myungsoo snorted at him and slung his arm around his shoulder. “Hyung. Sometimes, art is come from science too. Now come with me, I want to introduce you with my friend.” He dragged Sunggyu with him.

 

The so called ‘friend’ of Myungsoo was no other than a cute lanky guy with chubby cheeks named Lee Sungyeol. He was so tall that Sunggyu needed to crank his neck every time he wanted to see Sungyeol’s face. He wore those white lab coat and thick glasses; apparently he was majoring at nature science. But despite of that, he was a nice guy and liked to crack a joke.

 

Sungyeol nicely offered them to give a tour. Sunggyu learned that this exhibition was held by Sungyeol’s campus and it was held every year at the second half of semester. He said it was to attract more high school students to apply at their campus. It was a nice idea though, Sunggyu agreed.

 

The most attractive was the chemical engineering, they played a game with some chemicals there and Sunggyu got a free pipette because he won. They even burned a paper ship above the water without extinguished the fire. Then they went to the physics major where they tried to put in a lid inside the bottle. That was all fun.

 

Sunggyu walked around alone now, since Myungsoo was still trying to do the game while Sunggyu already gave up about that, like who could put the lid inside the bottle, it was impossible. Then there was something caught his eyes. There were a lot of people gathered around it, so Sunggyu was curious about what they were looking. It was a robot.

 

It was a medium sized robot, more like 18”-20”, and it can dance. Sunggyu giggled when he saw that, it was funny. “Do you want to try operating it?” A young man said to him. “Oh, can I?” Sunggyu said. “Yes, yes. Come here.” He waved his hand to Sunggyu to come. “You can use this button to operate its hands, while this for its body and this one for his legs.” The man pointed to a bar of buttons.

 

“I just need to press this button and the robot can dance?” Sunggyu couldn’t believe him. The man nodded his head, chuckled lightly because Sunggyu won’t believe him. “Just try it.” He said, and Sunggyu pushed the button then the robot magically moved. “Wooah! Woaah! It moved!” Sunggyu said excitedly.

 

The young man laughed because Sunggyu’s antic. “It’s cool, huh?” he said. “It is cool!” Sunggyu said. “It is simple actually. When you pressed the button, it will send a set of binary numbers and decoded into some movement.” He said. “Bi-binary what?” Sunggyu scratched his head. “Binary is a serial number consisted with number 0 or 1. You know, 101010.” He explained.

 

“1010101... Binary number.” Sunggyu mumbled. “Binary number!” The sudden outburst shocked the people around him. “Binary number! Thank you so much!” Sunggyu shook the man’s hand and suddenly walked out from there, forgetting about Myungsoo.

 

 

 

Sunggyu was back to his apartment and immediately went to his room. He searched for the box where he put all the cards from his secret admire. “Here it is.” He grabbed the box and put it on his laps. He opened the box and scattered the cards out from the box.

 

01100111-01100111-01111001. “Now, how I suppose to decode this binary number?” Sunggyu tapped his chin. He looked around the room and saw his laptop was lying on top of his desk. “What the purpose of internet.” Sunggyu clicked his tongue. He rose up to get his laptop and got back where he left the cards.

 

He typed in ‘how to convert binary number’ on Google and went to this one website with a binary converter. Sunggyu typed in the binary code one by one and clicked the convert button.

 

01111001 – y

01100111 – g

01100111 – g

01101110 – n

01110101 – u

01110011 – s

 

S-u-n-g-g-y. It lacked the last alphabet (u) but he could read it as Sunggyu, his name. Sunggyu then typed the rest of binary code.

 

01101110-01100001-01101101-

00100000-

01110111-01101111-01101111-01101000-01111001-01110101-01101110-

00100000-

01101100-01101111-01110110-01100101-01110011-

00100000-

01101011-01101001-01101101-

00100000-

01110011-01110101-01101110-01100111-01100111-01111001-

 

He almost chocked up when he read what the binaries meant. “H-how could this... It’s...” Sunggyu was speechless. He looked at the cards one by one and chuckled. It was so him, he laughed. Sunggyu laughed so hard that the tears fell down from his eyes. He crouched down until his forehead touched the floor. “Haa-ha-ha...” The laugh calmed down, but the tears kept streaming. “That pabo.” He sobbed.

 

*the binary means: Nam Woohyun loves Kim Sunggy

 

Sunggyu was calmed down and now sitting on his bed when his phone buzzed, signaling he just got a new message from Myungsoo. ‘Hyung, where are you? Come to this address quickly. Emergency!’ the text said. “Emergency?” He wiped his snot and reread the address. “What is so emergency at the church?” He wondered.

 

 

 

“It’s about time!” Myungsoo said when Sunggyu arrived at the address Myungsoo told. Sunggyu leaned at him to catch a breath; the bus he rode was break down so he needed to run all the way here. “Come on hyung. You are already late.” Myungsoo dragged him to the church’s door.

 

Sunggyu raised his brow. “Late? What for?” He didn’t understand. Myungsoo wiped Sunggyu’s sweat with his handkerchief, not answering Sunggyu’s question. He straighten Sunggyu’s tee and took a step back, nodded in satisfied while Sunggyu looked at him weirdly. Myungsoo then hugged him. “If only we met first, hyung.” He whispered then pulled out from the hug to kiss him on the cheek. “Good luck, hyung.” He pushed the elder to the church’s door, encouraging him to open the door.

 

Sunggyu looked at Myungsoo but the younger just nodded his head. Sunggyu took a deep breath and pushed the door open, preparing himself for whatever would happen in front of him. He squinted his eyes because of the light and blinked several times when he saw someone was standing near the altar, someone he knew so much despite they never met each other for almost two years.

 

“Woohyun.” a name escaped from his lips. Woohyun turned around and looked at him; he smiled when he saw the man he was waiting for. Sunggyu felt his heart skipped a bit when he saw Woohyun smiled at him. It had been two years but a little smile from that man still could make his heart reacting like that. Sunggyu walked to him and when he was close enough, Woohyun offered him his hand to take, which Sunggyu granted. His hand was warm, like how it felt years ago. “Woohyun.” Sunggyu called him again and the latter just smiled.

 

“Ouch!” Woohyun yelped because Sunggyu suddenly wacked him in the head. “Yah! What was that for?” He pouted. That was so not romantic, he imagined a romantic scene where Sunggyu would run and kiss him when he saw him again, not a whack on the head. “Stupid!” Sunggyu hugged him and Woohyun wrapped his arms around the slender figure instantly. Woohyun chuckled and rubbed Sunggyu’s back up and down. “I miss you too.” He said.

 

Sunggyu pulled out from the hug and looked at him. “You need to explain everything to me. This last two years, that little gifts, this, Myungsoo.” Sunggyu waved his hands around. Woohyun laughed, he caught Sunggyu’s hand and brought it down. “I will. But first, you need to check inside your pocket.” Woohyun said.

 

Sunggyu fished out his jacket’s pocket and pulled out something, a fortune cookie. “My last gift for you.” Sunggyu remembered from all binary codes, his name was lacked the alphabet u. “Thank you.” He chuckled and put it back on his pocket. “Open it.” Woohyun said. “Maybe later.” Sunggyu said. “No, open it now.” Woohyun insisted, so Sunggyu picked the cookie back and opened the plastic wrap.

 

He cracked the cookie and gasped when he found something inside the cookie; a ring that was made like a string that tangled into infinite symbol and a little note said ‘Marry Me’. Woohyun took the ring from Sunggyu’s hand and slipped it in to his sweet finger. “I’m gonna love you like nobody’s loved you, come rain or come shine. Happy together unhappy together and won’t it be fine?”

 

Sunggyu bit his lips, staring at the man in front of him; there was nothing but love and sincerity. He was the first love, and Sunggyu wanted him to be his last. He was the ending and the beginning. He had been there for the worse, and he wanted him to be there for the rest. So Sunggyu smiled at him, giving him a shy nod of agreement.

 

Just that, just a little shy nod from him could make like his heart exploded like a firework. A really big smile bloomed on his face because Sunggyu just said yes to him, a freaking damn yes! Woohyun hastily grabbed Sunggyu’s face onto his hands and brought their face closer, where he placed a kiss against his lips. “You’re mine. Entirely my own.”

 

 

 

-THE END-

 

 

 

I would like to thank you for all my readers, it is really makes me happy when i saw people actually read this story (and subscribing and upvoting and especially when you guys commenting on this story). This is the end of the sequel of 'Behind the Close Door' i hope you all enjoying this story like i enjoying writing this. Thank you and i love you (♥ó㉨ò)ノ♡

A little trivia:

1.        The man that Woohyun met at the airport on the last chapter of ‘Behind the Close Door’ was Myungsoo.

2.        Sungjong is Myungsoo’s little brother.

3.        All the gifts from Sunggyu’s secret admire were actually from Woohyun, but he asked Myungsoo to give it to Sunggyu (since Woohyun was in Korea while Myunggyu in LA).

4.        Sunggyu misread W as M when he read the alphabet on the rubic cube (it should be W love S).

5.        Myungsoo is majoring art like Sunggyu.

6.        Myungsoo actually has a little crush over Sunggyu.

 

"Angel deliver fate to our doorstep and anywhere else it is needed." -Jessi Lane Adams