01

Heaven’s Door

 

First Knock


 

 

It was like any normal day in this neighborhood, kids playing around at the park while the mothers at the corner busy gossiping Mrs. Lee who just bought a new car, the postman delivered their mail post, and the ahjumma from the second floor just got a new puppy in her house. It was a normal day, but not to this man, Nam Woohyun. It was not a normal day for him because today he made a decision to make a big step in his life.

 

“Hyung, are you sure about this?” Hoya asked while leaned his body to the door’s frame. It had been two years after Sunggyu left them to move to LA, and since then Woohyun and Hoya grew some bond between them. Maybe because they had the same feeling toward Sunggyu, or because Woohyun opened up to Hoya about the story behind that close door the day when Sunggyu left them both and the younger man grew some sympathy toward the older; whatever it was, Sunggyu made these two men closer.

 

Woohyun found out that Hoya was quite cute to become his brother. They even share some similarities (not physically of course, but mentally). They looked serious, but actually they really liked to talk a lot; they liked to do aegyo to annoy Sunggyu and they liked to throw some witty comments toward Sunggyu just because his expression was the best. Woohyun liked Hoya to accompany him when he was lonely or when he needed someone to talk about Sunggyu. On the other hand Woohyun knew when the time to joke and time to be serious, that was why Hoya liked the older man. Woohyun was like his older brother, sometimes he was annoying, but Woohyun made a good company for Hoya.

 

Woohyun put the last piece of his clothes to the trunk and closed it. “What are you talking about? Of course I’m sure about this. This is my dream, and I will get it.” Woohyun said confidently. “Now, if you don’t mind... I need to pack my belongings here.” Woohyun moved to the other side of the room where the boxes was put. He stopped moving when he saw Hoya stayed still in his previous pose; Woohyun raised his brow. “I thought Dongwoo is coming with you?” he asked. “I asked him to come with me, but he refused and said he will wait in the car.” Hoya nodded his head. Woohyun walked toward him just to smack him in the head. “Yah! He’s been waiting for almost half an hour.” Woohyun kicked Hoya out from his house.

 

Hoya ran to the front door and wore his shoes. “Aigoo... You make me envy. Dongwoo is really a good boyfriend, doesn’t he?” Woohyun nudged Hoya’s side slightly. Hoya gave a shy smile and nodded his head. “Now, shoo... Shoo...” Woohyun ushered the younger man to go out from his house. But before Hoya stepped his foot outside, he turned around. “Hyung, you know where to find me if there is any problem, right?” Hoya looked at him in concern. Woohyun raised his brow slightly. “I won’t get into any problem. And yes, I know where I can find you. You will be in Dongwoo’s house 24/7.” Woohyun joked. “Hyung!” Hoya whined and Woohyun laughed even more. “Aigoo... You are so cute.” He ruffled Hoya’s hair. Woohyun liked to make a joke about the two relationship, mostly because he envious about the two as he couldn’t make his relationship with Sunggyu.

 

“This is a goodbye then?” Hoya sniffled. Woohyun ruffled his hair gently. “This is a goodbye.” He nodded. Hoya couldn’t contain his heart anymore since he suddenly jumped toward Woohyun and tackled him until both of them fell to the ground. “I feel like I lost my second hyung.” He cried. Woohyun brought him closer, rubbed his back in circles motion to calm the younger. “What are you talking about? It is not like I’m dying or something.” Woohyun chuckled.

 

“B-but still! You should promise me that you will send me emails and visit me once a week.” Hoya demanded. Woohyun pushed the younger slightly to look at his face. “I promise I will send you e-mail, everyday, if it make you happy. Gosh, I feel like leaving my girlfriend.” Woohyun laughed. “But I can’t promise to visit you once a week though. You know the ticket is not cheap!” Hoya nodded and they laughed. “But I promise I’ll visit you.” He patted the younger head. “Now, get off of me. You are so heavy.” Woohyun pushed the younger off.

 

***

 

Sunggyu was staring at the bucket of flower on his desk. He trailed his fingers on the soft petal; he sniffed the flower but regretted it a second later as he sneezed. He put the flower and picked the notes attached onto the flower. “Congratulations for your audition. Ps: You are more beautiful than a calla lily.” The card said. (A/n calla lily symbolizes magnificence and beauty)

 

“Another gift?” someone said from behind him. Sunggyu turned his head to look at the man; he nodded to him. The man circled his hands to Sunggyu’s waist and rested his chin on his shoulder. “A congratulation for my audition.” Sunggyu said. “From whom?” the man asked. Sunggyu turned the card back and saw some numbers on it, 01100111. “That secret admirer of yours. I never understand that person, as they just left some numbers but not their name.” the man complained.

 

Sunggyu just chuckled and pried the man’s hands off him. “It won’t be secret anymore if I knew their name, will it?” Sunggyu said. He put the flower back to his desk and walked to the sofa. “But hyung!” the man cried. “Don’t you feel creepy? It is like, what? Almost two years since you moved here, and you always get this gift with a note attached to it; saying how beautiful you are, how pretty, how cute, how they wish you were theirs; every month!” the man said exaggeratedly as he plopped down on the sofa next Sunggyu.

 

Sunggyu tapped his chin, thinking about it. It was true he received a gift every month from the same sender after he moved here. “It is. But it is kind of cute too though... Sending me these gifts.” Sunggyu shrugged. “I’m really curious about the sender though. He really knows me so well. He even knew I got my audition, which was kind of creepy because I haven’t told anyone about it except my family and you.” Sunggyu said. “Hey, Myungsoo, who do you think the sender of all these gifts?” Sunggyu asked him. Myungsoo shrugged his shoulder. “Why in the earth I should know that?” he said.

 

Sunggyu pursed his lower lips, pouting. He looked at the card; mostly staring at the number attached to it. “Who are you? What is these numbers means?” He pondered.

 

***

 

Woohyun looked at the address in the card on his hand and matching it with the number of apartments, 212, it was the right numbers. He pressed the bell, ringing the owner of the apartment that they had a guest. A minute later the door was being unlocked and showing a black haired boy in his pajama. “Woohyun hyung!” the boy said, surprised by the sudden visit. “Hi, Jong.” Woohyun greeted him.

 

“Come in. Come in!” Sungjong, the boy, invited him to come inside the apartment. Woohyun came inside and dropped his bag beside the sofa. “Hyung, how are you? Why you didn’t call me that you will come?” Sungjong hugged him. Woohyun ruffled his hair slightly. “I’m fine.” He laughed. “And I already told your brother that I will visit you. Didn’t he tell you?” Woohyun asked him and the boy just shook his head. “He must be forgetting about it. That habit of your brother.” Woohyun clicked his tongue.

 

“Old habit is hard to remove.” Sungjong chuckled. He told Woohyun to stay still in the living room as he went to the kitchen to bring some drink for Woohyun. Woohyun walked around the living room, eyeing the photograph of the two siblings and some of their friends. He smiled when he saw the two antics in the photo, they were so cute. “By the way, where is your brother?” Woohyun asked rather loudly, so Sungjong could hear him.

 

Sungjong came into the living room with a tray of two glasses orange juices and a jar of cookies. “Oh, he went to his friend’s house. Some college project or something like that.” He shrugged. Woohyun nodded and walked to the sofa, he plopped down and took the orange juice. “College must be tiring for him, hhmm?” Woohyun said. “By the way, what a nice choice of flower you have. It is beautiful.” Woohyun commented.

 

Sungjong turned his head to the vase of calla lilies on top of the drawer. “It is.” He smiled.

 


 

a/n 90 subscribers. you guys make me nervous *laughs*