Minji and Minsoo (CAP)

Find My Voice

When the two of you walked back, you saw Minsoo hanging out by himself nearby.

"Hey, Minji!" He yelled,waving. Minji lowered her head and ignored him, walking away.

You pulled at her hand. "Come on, Minji. Let's go say hello."

"No! Let's just go into the apartment. Come on!" She dragged you into the elevator.

"Minji, I don't understand. I know you like him." You said in frustration. "So how come you don't make an effort to talk to him?"

Minji was silent for a while.

"I.....met Minsoo when I first moved in here......when my parents abandoned me. I was fourteen."

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

Minji struggled with her heavy suitcase as she tried to drag it into the elevator.

The doors started to close. "Oh !"

She reached out frantically to try and stop it from closing. Just in time, a hand shot out to stop it for her.

She looked up at the face of a very good looking boy who's muscles flexed slightly. He obviously dressed to show off those muscles. "Hey there cutie." He said cheerfully. "Need some help?"

Minji glared at him. "No thanks." She came from a neighbourhood that wasn't very good. In that part of town, you learned the hard way not to accept strange boy's invitations.

"Aw, come on, don't be mean." He grabbed her suitcase and easily lifted it up and placed it into the elevator.

"There you go, assistance served." He said, grinning.

Minji just strode into the elevator and pressed the seventh floor.

"Yah!" His hand reached out and pulled the elevator doors apart again. "Don't I get a thank you?"

"I don't thank people, and especially not you." She snapped.

"Ouch, that hurts. Well, if you ever need my help again, don't be afraid to ask!" He smiled at her. "My name is Ban Minsoo by the way. I live on this apartment too. If you ever need anything, don't be afraid to come and say hello!"

He let the elevator doors slide close.

"Ban.....Minsoo?" Minji thought. She smiled. "He's different from the other guys I've known........somehow......he makes me smile......."

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

"Ever since then......I've watched him. I like seeing him smile and laugh with his friends. It makes me happy too. But......I never have the courage to go up and say hello to him."

"Why not, Minji?" You asked.

She shrugged. "I dunno. Afraid, I guess. I'm too scared he'll push me away, like everyone else has."

She gave a small, sad smile. "But.......I've sort of told myself that if one day I work up the courage to go up to him and say hello, then we maybe......against the impossible odds......we might fall in love."

"That's so sweet." You said, smiling. "But don't wait too long, Minji. Minsoo won't always be there saying hello to you. Someday you have to say hello back."

"Someday I will." Minji whispered. "Just.........not today." She smirked and lightly smacked your head. "I already have enough troubles at the moment!"

You giggled. Being in this apartment with Minji kept your mind off of your pain. At least for a little while.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

Minsoo smiled to himself happily.

His friends arrived. "Yah, what's with that goofy smile, CAP?" L. Joe asked.

"Oooh, let me guess.....you ran into Choi Minji today?" Niel laughed.

"Minji?" Ricky frowned. "Oh her! She's that cutie on the seventh floor!"

Changjo smacked his head. "Yah! You can't talk about hyung's crush like that!"

"That girl......you've liked her ever since you first met her, right, CAP?" L. Joe asked him.

"Yeah." Minsoo smiled. "I keep saying hello to her whenever I see her, but she never says hello back."

"Why do you keep on saying hello then?" Chunji asked.

"Because I made a bet with myself. If one day she comes up and says hello to me......then we'll fall in love."

"Oooh, how romantic!" They guys giggled.

"Well, I keep hoping......maybe one day......" Minsoo smiled wistfully, then he and his friends walked away.