Mud

Reading a book

 

     "For my entire life I longed for love. I knew it was not right for me — as a girl and later as a woman — to want or expect it, but I did, and this unjustified desire has been at the root of every problem I have experienced in my life." - Snow flower and the secret fan by Lisa See

This was the last line that the girl read. She decided to stop and take a breath, to look around her, to see the sky. She rose her head from the book and stood still. Winter was there and the cold wind was playing with girl's brown wavy hair. The leaves of trees were covered by a thin coat of snow. Everything seemed so full of life, even the branches of the trees were dancing to the song of the wind.

The girl was Kim Hanbyeol, a highschool student who was waiting for love on the bench near the park. She was always reading there. When she was threre, reading, she was feeling peaceful and she always forgot what time it was.

 Lee Hyukjae is the boy who was dancing everyday in the park for poket money. He was tall, and had beautiful brown eyes. When he is dancing, he feels free. That day was very cold, he was wearing a red muffler, a thin grey blouse and black jeans. Hyukjae is a really friendly guy and he always cared for the people around him.

 Hanbyeol and Hyukjae were students in Soul High School. Hyukjae was in 12th grade and Hanbyeol was 10th grade. They never saw each other at school.

-Today is going to be a great day at school! said Byeol as she was standing up from the bench.

-I am going to win that dance contest and buy those really cool shoes!

Byeol put her stuff in her bag, but like always, she had to carry those two books, the one she was reading and the one for her friend, Soyu. She was late again because of those heavy stuff that she has to carrry for her friends.

Eunhyuk picked up his cap from the ground and started running. He heard the school-bell ring just a few moments ago. The competition was starting at 12 am and it was 10am, he had to reharse his dance for the competition.

They were running to be on time at school but something unexpected happend. In their hurry Hyuk bumped into Byeol and the books were on the muddy ground.

-I am sorry, let me help with those!  said Hyukjae.

- Thank you, bastard... mumbled Byeol. OH, THANK YOU! and she put a big fake smile on her face.

- What did you say? 

-Bastard! You messed up my books!

-DO YOU THINK MY CAP IT'S OK? LOOOK AT IT , LOOK! 

-I don't care about your hat!!