Late Start

Always Be Happy [HIATUS]

My eyes flew open, once again at loud sound, however this time it was my alarm clock. I hardly got any sleep last night due to my excitment of my job starting the next day. I glanced at my alarm clock and my eyes widened. "ARE YOU SERIOUS?" My alarm clock didn't wake up until 6:03 and it took at least 40 minutes to get to the campus entrance, let alone the correct building. I shot up and quickly threw on my business like attire. I spent all weekend rumaging through my clothing and shopping at thift stores in hopes to find something cheap, yet... not cheap looking. Unfortunately that was a lot harder than it seemed and I only succeeded in finding a couple of complete outfits for work. Well it's better than nothing I thought. I needed to look like I earned that job, and fit the position, first impressions were extremely important after all.

 

I brushed my long dark brown hair. It was straight for the most part, but held a few curls as well. It doesn't happen often that my hair looks fine without extra straightening or antifizz, but luckily today was one of those days. I quickly placed some light eyeshadow, mascara, and pink lipstick and ran into the kitchen to grab a granola bar and chug down some banana milk. With the granola bar grasped tighly in my hand and sprinted out the door and made my way to the stair well  at the end of the hall. I was so focused on the ground as to not trip in my new high heels, I almost ran head fist into the complex's janitor. "YAH Watch where your going will ya?" He sneered. Geez. Everyone around here is one edge. Thinking of my neighbors reactions a couple of days ago.

 

"Sorry!!!" I called back at him already flying down the stairs. I used my arm to grab the metal railing to swing my weight down to the next flight of stairs until I finally reached the groung level from my fifth floor apartment. The elevator had been broken for months and no one had bothered to fix it so we all just delt with using th stairs all the time. At the least, it was good excersice. 

 

I continued to sprint down the sidwalk with my bag flying behind me. I was surprised I could run that fast without falling in these shoes. I hardly ever wore heels and I'm usually very clumsy, but I wasn't about to complain about it. But then suddenly my fear occured. I fell. But it wasn't because I tripped over myself, but rather because I ran into someone else.

 

"OOMFF" I heard a deep voice say as we made contact with each other. I fell backward, allowing my books from my purse to fall out. 

 

"I-I'm so sorry! I was't watching where I was going!" I apoligized for the second time that day as I quickly picked up the books. Really, I'm such a clutz... I've already ran into two people int he last five minutes. I turned and looked at who collided with me, "Are you oka..." I stopped when I saw him. He had fallen backward as well, and had sat up rubbing his hands together to stop the burning sensation from falling on the concert. He looked up at me with concern and I saw deep brown eyes that searched my face worried. His hair was a golden brown and seemed to glow in the sunlight. When he saw me looking at him, he let out a toothy grin and I felt my heart flutter. Oh my goodness! His smile was stunning. He pulled himself up and dusted off his knees bottom and offered a hand. 

 

"I'm fine! It was my fault! I tend to zone out... but are you ok?" His voice was like honey and it took me to respond still seeing that beatiful smile. My lack of response made him look a bit worried, and he kneeled down to look at my face closely. "Heeellooo??" Waving his hand in front of my eyes. I blinked quickly and gave him a smile. 

 

"I'm fine too!" I chuckled "I guess we were both preoccupied." I gave him a sweet smile. He looked a couple years younger than me. Probably a senior in high school still. Despite my ability to have a job at Seoul National University, I was incredbily young. I was only 20, almost 21, but my father was a famous photographer so I grew up learning the trade. I've been doing it all my life and decided that, rather go to university and study something my late father already taught me, might as well begin working with it. I was trying to get my work out as an artist until I applied for the job at the univeristy and now I found myself here, in this situation. 

 

I then noticed how close our faces were and blushed a bit, he, noticing, did also and cleared his thraot and bent down, grabbing my hand and pulling him up with him in the process. "Thanks." I mumbled shyly. Ack! Why I'm I acting like this! He's still in high school! Confirming my belief by seeing his uniform. I quickly finished picking up my things and was about to grab the last book when he beat me too it.

 

"Here you go." He smiled brightly again.

 

"Th-Thanks!" Taking it from him. I looked at my watch. "AHH! Thanks again! Bye!" I said quickly as I ran off to the train. I COULD NOT be late on my first day, NO WAY. As I ran off I didn't think about the mysterious boy. But if I had looked back, I would have seen him staring at me with a curious smile as I ran away into the distance.