Chapter 2

Vigilant
Please log in to read the full chapter

Why – how did Hyesung know that? Could it be – no way.

No. Way.

What little colour that had still remained in Hyesung’s face quickly left when he realized what the feeling was. Even his brown hair turned a paler shade.

He was supposed to guard this person. Their fates had been entangled since the day the oldest had been born. So he was supposed to watch over this person until the human’s life here on earth was supposed to end.

Hyesung felt a frown form on his forehead. Six months? That was an awfully short time. Not that it bothered him, but he had kind of prepared stand by the person he would finally be guarding for many years to come. Six months and the curse (his words entirely) would be over? He would be free? Someone nice up there must have heard his prayers then.

“Good, I’ll get you some water – wait, I think I have a bottle in my bag,” the person continued, letting him go and went to his bag.

Hyesung’s frown deepened as soon as the person turned. And the one he was going to guard was a male? Way to ruin his fantasies of being the strong guy to protect a precious girl again and again. His great-grandfather had even married the girl he was guarding! How could he be this unlucky? Maybe Heaven was playing tricks on him. He could bet they enjoyed watching his reaction right now.

The boy returned to his side with bottle in his hand. “Here, drink. You look awfully pale. Not a good start of the year, you know.”

“But the year doesn’t start until Monday,” Hyesung protested, taking the bottle even though dehydration wasn’t his reason for feeling dizzy. “And since you asked, yes this is room 502.”

The other’s face brightened. It made him look years younger. “Really? I came to the right place! You’re staying in this room too?”

Hyesung answered with a silent nod.

“Then we’re roommates! I’m Eric. Mun Eric, but let’s just drop the formalities immediately or it’s going to be awkward living here,” he noisily continued.

But it already is awkward here, knowing I have to keep watching you twenty-four seven, Hyesung thought and resisted the urge to slam his head into the floor. “I’m Shin Hyesung,” he introduced himself.

“Sounds like a stage name,” Eric pointed out. Hyesung decided not to answer. Looking at the guy from his first impression, Eric looked like a grown up person. The perfect leader, Hyesung briefly thought. But boy, had that suddenly changed; now he acte

Please log in to read the full chapter