Update On Court Case

BBCs United

 

The hearing was held on February 22.

Both sides didn′t show any signs of stepping down in the case regarding the cancellation of Block B′s contract.

Block B′s legal representative stated, “The respondent (Stardom Ent.) violated the terms in the contract it signed with the petitioner (Block B), breaking the trust between them. [Block B] was led to request a cancellation of its exclusive contract because the company failed to follow the contract and changed its terms continuously while the group was active.”

Stadom Entertainment′s legal rep, on the other hand, said, “Just like the documents we turned in state, the claims from the petitioners do not qualify for a cancellation of the contract.”

The rep also added, “There is a mastermind behind the members who filed the lawsuit. We will unveil details on this by pressing criminal charges. We ask for a dismissal [of the request filed by Block B].”

The court announced that Block B′s side should turn in documents related to the case within two weeks′ time, while Stardom Entertainment was given three weeks. The final decision will be made within three weeks.

The seven members of Block B requested a cancellation of their contract with Stardom Entertainment on January 3. The group asserted that they hadn′t been paid what was specified in its contract, while the agency denied the claims.