2013 YG Style

2013 YG Style

 

The YG building is filled with laughter and drunken merry as the clock ticks closer to 12AM. Most of them are sprawled around the couches and counters, music pumping in the background as the idols and managers alike drink and celebrate the upcoming new year. The building is locked down for the night, each person who was invited having arrived much earlier and thus avoiding any fans or paparazzi. The windows are covered and the bright, colorful lights flash on the ground and move in different patterns, floating against the throng of bodies dancing in the middle of the room.  
 
Seunghyun makes his way through the crowd, nodding silent “excuse me”s as he tries to avoid making anyone topple over. It wouldn’t be hard. Korean’s were known to drink and drink well. He was already on his third glass of wine and had determined his limit for the night to be at least five. He was aiming to reach the new year only slightly buzzed.
 
He spotted Minzy tipping back her wine glass with so much gusto Seunghyun almost wanted to walk over and check just how many of those she’d downed. Legal age or no, this was not the place to get -faced drunk. His worries were relieved as the younger girl made her way over to Sandara, her walk not shaky in the least, despite her four inch heels. 
 
Chaerin and Jiyong were another matter, and Seunghyun thanked the heavens for YG’s security. The two were being much too touchy to be considered skinship and certain dance moves would be considered at this rate, and it wasn’t even midnight. Seunghyun passes them, coughing loud enough to be obvious, but the couple hardly twitched at the sound. Rolling his eyes, the older man walks towards the make-shift bar, choosing to ignore Jiyong’s erted grin and instead wonders how Ji’s the leader and not someone like Youngbae.
 
He’s not sure where the singer is, nor where the two youngest members of his group are, but Seunghyun can readily assume that one is steadily not drinking and is playing on his iPhone, and the other two are probably getting into as much mischief as possible. Just a guess, after about seven years.
 
He pours another glass of red wine and wanders around the large space for another minute, trying to find a spot to sit for a while without being surrounded by couples or certain people who were very, very talkative when drunk. He wasn’t up for conversation, not with only three refills in his system.
 
The clock shows they only have ten minutes left, and Seunghyun finally spots an opening, an empty set of stairs just hidden behind a corner, leading up to the gym and office level of the building. It’s secluded enough to let Seunghyun get his bearings yet gives him a wide view of the company party. He sits on the seventh step, allowing his legs to sprawl out in front of him while he leans against the wall, taking a tip from his glass as he relaxes steadily, his free hand tapping out a beat on his thigh.
 
Seungri would complain about Seunghyun’s lack of socializing, and so would Youngbae if he was in the mood, but it wasn’t that he wasn’t social, or able to party—Jiyong would attest to this—it was just his way of getting his head back on, his way of preparing for another couple of hours of pounding music and warm bodies.
 
Seunghyun never expected a stumbling pair of legs to appear on the very same steps he was currently occupying. His eyes widen and he looks up, taking in a black patterned dress and long, wavy blonde hair surrounding the newest addition to YG.
 
Also one of the youngest.
 
Hayi stumbles and nearly falls and god if Seunghyun’s reflexes had been faster it might have saved the both of them. Thankfully they didn’t need any of his slow reaction rate because the young girl catches herself on the stair railing, rambling apologizes and Seunghyun stays quiet, simply leaning back and watching. Hayi finally stops, eyes widening impossibly more as she recognizes who she almost ran over.
 
She apologizes ten times faster and straightens, bowing her head respectively and Seunghyun feels very awkward. He mutters a quiet “It’s fine,” and lets his eyes travel over her, making sure his drink hadn’t made a mess, only to stop at the sight of a…milk carton in her hand. A whole milk carton, so out of place it almost makes the man laugh.
 
“What…?”
 
Her head ducks down to look at the carton and her face flushes even further and geez, Seunghyun had no clue someone could blush so much.
 
“I…Seungri oppa gave it to me. As a joke. Because I can’t drink. And I just… I can’t be down here. I was going to go up and get my bag and go home. I’m sorry for almost running over you.”
 
Seunghyun wasn’t surprised about Seungri for a bit. He’d been right about the mischief. What was a little surprising, was the presence of the young girl, both here at the stairs and here at the party. She was 16, not old enough to drink or really enjoy the activities here on New Years. Surely she was invited to be polite, to offer the newest member of the company comfort in socialization, but this wasn’t the best way, Seunghyun thought.
 
He smiles low, nodding and standing, taking a few steps down so he’s not towering over the shorter girl. “Go on and get your bag, I’ll make sure Seungri doesn’t come looking.”
 
She smiles, slow and hesitant  before thanking him and disappearing up the stairs.
 
Seunghyun is standing against the wall of the staircase when she appears again, a new drink in his hands, and the girl’s coat over his arm. The drink is champagne, and he offers it to her, trading it for the ridiculous carton of milk. “Don’t tell anyone, but I think you’re old enough to handle this much.”
 
She grins, wider and more confident this time, and takes a sip. “You may be the only one, oppa.”