Excited Girls

Why is It You?

"Before the class ends for today, I have a good news to all of you," Madam Shin announced to her class. She was the homeroom teacher and also the Science teacher.

"I bet it's a whole loads of homeworks so that we'll get smarter," Park Minra told Song Seul Hyo who was assigned to sit beside her in class. Seul Hyo was the class nerd. 

"But that is good news, no?" Seul Hyo said innocently. Minra sighed. She was lazy, Seul Hyo was not. But somehow, with her last minute studying, she always managed to get top 3 in class while Seul Hyo was in the top 5.

"It is an exchange student program," Madam Shin continued, which received a WHOA from the excited class.

"Which school?" Chan Sung, the class clown, asked. He was a bit excited. Time for new girls, he thought.

"Wow, you guys are excited! OeDae High School, but only 2 students from each class are chosen." Another WHOA and now OHH. Members of the class were nodding their heads in approval. Minra was not that excited but most of the girls were. Why? OeDae High School, like their school Hwang High School, was one of the top schools in the region. But they are more famous for their good looking students.

"But sadly," Madam Shin started again. "The 2 lucky students have been chosen. And that's really why I asked you to study for your last exam for the top 2 students are going, first place, Kang Eunjoon and second, Park Minra. Please meet me after class, some brief meeting with the others at the school's hall. Oh and you're going next week" 

The other students looked at the lucky students in envy. Seul Hyo congratulated Minra. But Minra only smiled. Sure, the program seems fun, but going with Eunjoon? Nightmare. It seems like she was the only one who can see through the fake Eunjoon. Eunjoon was loved because she was kind and polite and nice and everything. But behind that mask, only Minra knows. They both dislike each other. They didn't tell, but they know it. 

*     *     *

RINGGGGGGGGGG, went the school's bell. Minra and Eunjoon went to the school's hall for the meeting. They were many familiar faces. Madam Shin was already there. So their meeting started. Lots of details were given. Minra was a bit worried when they were asked to make their own friends there and choose who to stay with. This is gonna be hard, she said to herself.