2

Scavenger Hunt

 

" Thanks hyung!!! I would have been totally lost without you." Zelo said in thanks and hung up the phone, and hurried on his way down the street. 

It wasn't long before he came across the Dunkin' Doughnuts Daehyun had told him about.  He entered quickly, thankful again for the warmth of the resturant, and worked his way through the busy shop to a place where he could get a good look around. Unfortunately, he didn't see any of his hyungs, despite how easy it should have been. 

Stepping down from the box he had been on, he noticed an unoccupied table with a 'reserved' sighn on it.  He had never seen something like that before, and decided to investigate. 

The table was right next to the window that faced the alley next to the shop, and had a small card taped to the table.  When he was close enough to read what the small print said, he jumped in his skin.  ' To our little Makne' was neatly scripted on the front of the card, and without a second thought he peeled off the tape and opened the card.

What walks on four legs and is little and sly? 

What is fuzzy and cute with the gentlest cry?

Where do you bring something so sweet and soft,

when it has been forgoten, thrown out, or lost?

If ours ran away, oh what would we do,

to find this little thing that reminds us of you? 

We would search long and hard for days on end,

to find our dear littly furry friend. 

Just like you, our dear Makne, its you we can't lose,

so come out and find us if you so choose...

- your hyungs

Now thuroughly confused he peered out the window and thought about the card.  ' Was this a clue?' he thought to himself, ' I guess I should try to figure it out.' He stood up from the table and left the resturant, and deciding that there would be less wind in the alley, he continued on his way.  There was a hill after only a short distance, and he found it much more productive to walk then try to skateboard uphill.  

Now that he was walking, he heard a soft mewing coming from his right, and followed the soud to a box with a blanket over it.  Pulling up the blanket revealed a small, dirty little kitten that seemed to have been abandoned.  His heart swelled at the sight and, without a thought to the dangers, he pulled the weak little kitten into his arms.  ' You probably don't have a home, do you?' he thought looking down at the poor little kitten, ' I'll find a shelter to take you to, maybe they can find you a home.' 

With determination in his eyes, he headed out to find an animal shelter, and found that there was actually one just up the street. 

" Look, theres a nice warm place for you right there," he said softly to the kitten, peering into its big blue eyes and its brown fur, " I would keep you but I'm usually very buisy and you deserve a better home-"

" Someone talking to themselves?" a sweet voice asked from infront of him.  This was followed by a mixture of laughter.

Looking up, he saw Jieun smiling infront of him, joined by the rest of Secret, his hyungs, and many other people he was close to.

" W-what are you all doing here?" he asked in suprise.

" I think he's pretending..." Himchan said, looking at Yongguk.

" No, I think its genuine." Jongup cut in. 

" Wait, what's genuite?" Zelo questioned

" You forgetting, silly," Youngjae said, and Daehyun finished for him, " forgetting its your birthday." 

"... ughhhhh..." Zelo was stunned by this ' Did I seriously forget that its my birthday? Is it my birthday? 

Without warning Himchan picked up a guitar and stated playing, and everyone quickly sang along becoming a huge chorus of ' Happy Birthday'.  By the time they finised Zelo had come to terms with the fact that he had completely forgotten his own birthday, and grown to enjoy the smiles and warmth of being surrounded by friends. 

Soon afterwards everyone was ushered inside the animal shelter and Zelo was seated at a small table.  A huge birthday cake was brought out and put infront of him and a tiny little one put next to him. 

" Who's that for?" he asked, completely forgetting about the little kitten in his arms.

" Your little friend there, he looked kinda hungry." Youngjae replied, motioning to the kitten. 

" Oh! Right I forgot I was holding him..." he said, then, looking down at the cat, " I'm really gonna miss you little buddy, stay healthy, OK?, and choose a good home!" 

While he was doing this Himchan gave Yongguk a stern look. He only sighed in response and muttered a quiet " Yes dear." before shuffling away. 

" You heard that too, right?" Himchan said to Sunhwa, with a cocky smile.  She nodded her head giggling in response.

After the festivities were over, and everyone was done petting all the little kittens that were there, people took their leave. 

" We all hope you had a wonderful birthday, and it was really nice to see you." Jieun said to Zelo with warm eyes.

" Thanks Noonas," he replied, slightly blushing.  They then left, waving, leaving BAP the only ones in the shelter. 

" So... We have a little present for you," Yongguk started, " but there is a condition... You have to promise to take care of him."

" Take care of who?" Zelo asked, confused for the millionth time that day.

" This little guy..." Himchan said , handing Zelo the little  kitten he had found earlier.

" To be honest, I saw him here and thought you would love him, so I put him in that box hoping you would find him." Youngjae confessed.

" I guess it was ment to be," Daehyun said with a smile.  

" Heres to our little makne that we could not do without. Who is so very precious to us, even if he is forgetful.  He is like a little kitten, soft and sweet and loveable, yet dangerous, and we love him for it..." Yongguk said proudly, giving him a loving smile, and then a hug.  This started a line of hugs, and Zelo recieved one from each hyung. 

" I love you." Jongup said quietly as he hugged him, but not quietly enough for only noone else to hear.

" ME TOO!" Youngjae and Daehyun chimed in at the same time, causing everyone to burst out laughing.  When they had all recovered, Zelo smiled up [or should i say down] at his hyungs and said " Thank You..." with a smile.

" What do you think, eh?" Zelo asked the kitten.  He simply looked at Zelo blankly, then climbed on his lap and mewed. 

" Hmmm... I think I'll name you... Makne!"