1

Scavenger Hunt

He opened his eyes and looked at the ceiling, watching the shaddows slowly stretch across it as the sun rose.  Being the first one up, and not wanting to disturb any of his hyungs, he laid in bed and waited for any sign of life.  It always took everyone a long time to  get up in the morning, especially when they didn't have a schedule, and he thought it was only fair to let them get their beauty sleep.  Finally growing impatient, he silently slipped out of bed and went straight to the kitchen.  

After he had sufficiently filled himself with breakfast, he went to see if his hyungs were still sleeping.  He was quite a slow eater and had assumed that they would be up by the time he was finished breakfast, but, to his suprise, no one had staggered out of their rooms half asleep to order the makne to make them breakfast.  That was how it usually went and he was a little confused.

After lightly knocking, he slowly pushed his head through the door to one of the other bedrooms...

" Himchan hyung? Yongguk hyung? are you guys still sleeping?" He called out... and was met by silence. 

Similarly, he found the room Daehyun and Youngjae shared to be empty as well.  He knew Jongup had gone home to visit some relatives that were visiting from outside the country last night after practice, and had expected him to be gone.  Just as he began to worry, the phone rang.  He ran over as quickly as possible, bumping his leg on the table in the process, and answered the phone,

" Yoboseyo? Hyung is that you?" 

" Yes it is... How is our little makne today?" Yongguk chuckled back.

" Umm... I'm fine, I guess, but why are you all gone?" Zelo asked, hoping he hadn't done anything to upset his hyungs. ' They're probubly just pulling a prank on me or something' he thought to himself.

" Well, why don't you come down to the corner store and see..." Yongguk said as he hung up.  

Zelo thought he noted an odd tone to his hyung's voice, but immediatly dissmissed it to get ready to leave the house.  He hurridly tamed his mussed curls with a wet comb and threw on a t-shirt and jeans.  Finally, he grabbed his skateboard and warmest hoodie as he rushed out the door. 

He quickly reached the corner store, and was glad he had brought his hoodie, because the cool mid-october air had a certain bite to it in the morning.  When he stepped in to the nicely heated little store, it didn't take him long to see that Yongguk was no longer there.  With a little confusion, he went up to the counter and asked the young girl there is she had seen him. 

" Oh! Hi ummm... is your name Junhong by any chance?" she asked timidly, " because, if so, a guy fitting that discription asked me to give this to you." 

He took the small envelope she held out to him, thanked her, and rushed out of the store.  The package contained a subway ticket, and directions to a 'secret' location.  With a small sigh, he skateboarded down the street to the nearest subway station, ' I have nothing better to do today, and who knows maybe this'll be fun!' he thought to himself, hopefully. 

After what seemed like forever, the subway finally arrived at the correct stop.  He hopped off and headed up to the street, trying his best to follow the directions he had been given.  He soon found himself very lost, and tried to ask some other people on the street, but noone seemed to be able to decifer the map. ' Ughhh... I feel like I'm on Killing Camp again, but without Daehyun hyung to help me' he thought sighing and sitting down on the street. 

A short time latter, the payphone next to him started to ring.  He jumped up and ran to it, hoping that it would be one of his hyungs.  

" Ummm... Yoboseyo?" He answered timidly, not knowing who it was.

" Does this happen to be our lovely makne?" a sweet, Busan accent asked from the other side of the line.

" Daehyun hyung!" he squealed, earning him some odd looks from the people passing by, " can you help me, hyung, I'm really lost."

" That's exactly what I'm here to do... Fist of all, tell me where you are." Daehyun said. 

" Ummm.... I think I passed a Starbucks a little while back and I'm right outside a little Japanese restuarant right now..." He replied, still a little confused.

" Ok, good, all you need to do is walk down the steet for another two block or so, and you'll come across a Dunkin' Doughnuts, go in there." Daehyun instructed, chuckling at how close the boy had actually ended up to the location. 

" Thanks hyung!!! I would have been totally lost without you." Zelo said in thanks and hung up the phone, ready to continue on. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok so I'm going to be continuing this right on in part two... I generally find that shortish chapters are better than really long ones so ya... PLEASE TELL ME HOW I'M DOING THIS IS MY FIRST STORY!