Chapter 1

Birthday Surprise

It’s your birthday! So what does your man do? Surprise you, of course. ^^

~

Yunho:

“Happy birthday, jagi!” You gasp. Inside the box was a beautifully knit, red scarf. You look up at your boyfriend of three years, eyes as wide as the sea. He had a goofy grin on his face, as if he knew that you were going to love it, and you did. “Do you like it? I knitted it myself!” He chirped. You nodded, speechless. “I-I… O-Oppa…” He opened his arms wide and you jumped into them, the box and scarf safely set aside on the table. “I.. I love it.” You looked up at him and moved to give him a kiss on the cheek. Instead, he moved his head to the side, making you kiss him on the lips instead. You blushed deeply and looked away. “You’re still embarrassed when we kiss, even after three years?” He said, chuckling. Your blush turns 10 times darker. He smiles and brings you closer, embracing all of you. 

Jaejoong

You walk in front of him, his hands around your eyes as a blindfold. You had no idea where you were going, and all he said was “I have a surprise for you!”. You were slightly worried that the slightly clumsy man would ram the both of you into a table corner or something of those lines, but you trusted him. “We’re almost there~ Just be careful, okay?” He whispered in your ear, breath brushing slightly against it. You nod, trying to ignore the feels. “Alright! We’re here! Tada!” You felt him stop, removing his hands from your eyes. You open them to see one of the most romantic things you’ve experienced in your life. In front of you was a table with a single large candle lit in the middle, and two plates of food. The lights were off and smaller candles were placed around the room, giving it a warm feeling. You turn around, arms flinging onto his neck, giving him a big hug. “Thank you oppa.” You whisper as he buried his face into your neck. You felt him smile against your skin. “You’re welcome. Now let’s go eat, hmm? The food is going to get cold!” You nod, walking over and letting him take out the chair for you, like a gentleman. He walks over to the other side and sits down, giving you a charming and warm smile. You smile back at him.

Junsu:

You were surprised when he gave you a gift. You thought that the man would forget due to your birthday being on one of the most important days of soccer history, as he put it. You look up at him, the box in hand. He smiled, his angelic but charming features visible as usual. You were speechless as you open the box. Taking out the item inside, you sweat drop. It was a soccer ball, a yellow soccer ball with ducks covering the entire thing. You look up at him and immediately regretted it. The poor kid was so oblivious and hopeful, that you couldn’t tell him that you didn’t particularly need a soccer ball. Instead, you force a smile out and hug him. “Thank you Junsu oppa!” Pulling away from him, you watched as he beamed. “Let’s play some soccer!” He shouted enthusiastically, taking the ball from you and running into the backyard. You shook your head with a huge smile on your face.  Maybe it wasn’t that bad of a present. You saw the happiness on his face. His happiness is the best present I could ask for. You thought as you ran up to play with him.

Changmin:

You didn’t expect Changmin to get you a present, even if it was your birthday. That was just Changmin for you. But you loved him none the less, and you knew that he returned those feelings too. Today, you were just going to relax and enjoy the calmness of your home. You did have a job, but you got a day off since your boss knew it was your birthday. Changmin was away at another fan meeting, so it was just you. You sighed deeply as the water warmed up your body and your soreness drifted away. After an hour soak in the tub, you fixed yourself a little snack and took a little nap. When you woke up, there was a little present in your hands. Where did this come from? You thought as you opened it. It was a pretty little box, the size of your palm. You opened it and read the little piece of paper inside. “Can we have bulgogi tonight?” You giggled, knowing exactly who it was from. Under the piece of paper was the most beautiful ring you’ve seen. It had a silver band and a beautiful red ruby in the middle. You noticed that there was writing on the inside of the band, and read it out loud. “S..him Chan…gmin..’s? Shim Changmin’s?” You burst out laughing. This was Changmin’s gift, for sure. You looked at the piece of paper again, and realized that there was writing on the back. “Wear it. Everyone will know that you’re mine when you take it off.” And you did as you were told, loving every part of the ring… including the name part.

Yoochun:

You sat in your room that you shared with him, trying to hold back a sob. You were set on the fact that he forgot your birthday, since he hasn’t even said a “happy birthday” to you all day. You looked over at the clock. 6 o’clock… he really did forget… You bury your face into your hands, tears spilling out. He wasn’t even home, and you had no idea where he went. You would have been fine with him only saying “happy birthday” to you, but you didn’t even get one. You started to wonder if he really loved you or not. Sobs erupted from your throat as you pushed your face into your pillow. The doorbell sounds made its way to your ears. You wipe all your tears away and try to look as presentable as you could before you got up to answer it. Opening the door, you gasp. There he was, standing at the door with a bouquet of red roses (fully knowing that they were your favourite flowers), a box of chocolates and a little crown on his head. “Hi, I’m your prince!” He was so dorky, but you loved every part of it. You threw your arms around his neck and sobbed in his shoulder. “I thought you forgot!” He still managed to return your hug with the things in his arms. “I would never. I was trying to make chocolates for you, but since you stayed home all day, I couldn’t make them here.” You giggled and the two of you spent the rest of the night eating the chocolates and talking to each other, with you occasionally making fun of the crown on his head.