Your partner has a life beyond you

Who needs a guy?

So this friend calls me up in tears and says her boyfriend is not picking up her calls.

I tell her: Dude he might be busy. Chill na? He'll call you later. I'm sure he isn't doing it on purpose. 

Her: NOOOO! HE DOESN'T LOVE ME ANYMORE!

So I spent an hour explaining to her that his text which said 'I'll call you later' does NOT mean he doesn't love her. It simply means... that he'll call her later. 

I have seen this VERY often in couples. They are obsessed with the other responding at the exact millisecond he/she received the message. 

And its not just girls. Its guys too. 

One of my my guy friends recently had a fight with his girlfriend because she replied to the message he sent at 7:43am at 7:47am and it doesn't take that long to type what she did. So basically she doesn't love him. 

So I was left praying for my generation. 

Point being, I think couples need to give each other space. I mean a relationship must be amazing and all but it doesn't mean that the other person belongs to you and they can never be busy. They have a life too. So to all you couples out there STOP. IT. 

To all you single people... Cheers bro. We are the few left with senses.