Iced Coffee, Espresso Double Shot

Cop vs. Criminal

Choi Seunghyun's P.O.V

"TOP-hyung!" I looked up from the file in my hand.

"Seungri-ah, I'm busy. What do you want?" Lee Seunghyun is my partner. We call him Seungri because Victory is his motto. He's the youngest at the station. We've been partners for about six years now. We know each other like the back of our hands. He smiled at me.

"Hyung-ah, you work too hard. You'll never meet a girlfriend at this rate." I shook my head and turned my attention back to the papers in my hand. "Whose file is that?"

"Blood Diamond." Seungri's eyes lit up.

"THE Blood Diamond? The one that's been stealing for years? The one that none of the security cameras caught?" I nodded. "Hyung, that's a dead end. And you need some fresh air." I looked up. "You're young, go meet girls."

"Yah, I'm trying to work." He pulled me out of my chair, shoving me out of my own office. "Seungri-ah!"

"Aja. Don't come back unless you have a girl in your arms."

"YAH, I HAVE TO WORK." He slammed the door in my face. Great. Locked out of my own office. Where to now? I sat down at one of the outer desks.

"HYUNG. WHAT DID I JUST SAY? GET OUT. NOW." Aish. This boy. He's younger than me but he acts like he's the boss of me. Before I could open my mouth to object, he shoved me outside of the police station. I sighed. What now? I walked to the closest bookshop and bought a book from one of my favorite series, Harry Potter. After that, I walked aimlessly around for a decent place to read. I can't go back to the station, and the park is filled with kids at this time. I could go hone, but what fun would that be?

"Big Bang Cafe?" I read the sign out loud. Well, I got nothing else to do. May as well enjoy a nice cup of coffee.

The sweet scent of freshly brewed coffee surrounded me the moment I stepped in. I like this. The dim lighting is relaxing, but bright enough for me to read. The noise level is also decent. I ordered an iced coffee with a double shot of espresso at the counter, then sat at a table near the window. I opened the book and started reading. "That's a good series. My favorite, actually. Don't tell me you've barely started reading it." A girl's voice. I looked up from my book. Pretty. Beautiful, as a matter of fact. I felt a smile grow. I looked at the book in her hand. Same book as mine, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

"Rereading." I raised an eyebrow. "Coincidence? Or is this your way of hitting on me?" She laughed, making me smile wider

"And how would that be?"

"Simple. You walked in and saw me reading this book. Then you went out and bought the same one, trying to spark a conversation." She laughed again. Her laughter, it's sweet and quirky. Kind of like her. She's attractive, but she doesn't dress like most girls I know. She's wearing jeans, a tshirt, a short-sleeved plaid shirt over the tshirt, and a pair of high-top Nikes. The cap on her head was backwards so the visor didn't cover her eyes.

"Did my plan work?"

"We're talking, aren't we?" She smiled.

"May I?" She gestured to the seat in front of me.

"Please, go right ahead." She pulled the chair out and sat down.

"Ice coffee, double shot of espresso?" The waitress stood at our table, holding two cups.

"Here." We looked at each other.

"Ordering the same drink? Now it's my turn to wonder if you're hitting on me." I chuckled at her joke as the waitress set down our cups.

"Choi Seunghyun-imnida." I held out my hand, waiting for her to shake it. Instead, she slapped it then fist bumped with me. She's really...different.

"Lee Eunji-imnida."