No big deal.

Consequences of a Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun

 

After that fateful day at the park, I never looked at Joohyun the same way again. As the years went by, I find myself seeing noticing her little quirks. Little by little, I see her as a full-grown woman, not just a girl who has a passion for sweet potatoes.

 

Harboring such feelings is not good at all. Even if I want to be someone more, she might misunderstand me and risk jeopardizing our friendship that took years to build, and that is the last thing I wanted to happen.

 

She's too important to me, and I am not willing to risk our friendship for my own selfishness.

 

--

 

I walk towards the school like always, when suddenly, someone calls me. "Ya, Game Kyu!"

 

I don't have to turn around to see who it was. I roll my eyes at Donghae as he catches up to me. "Hyung, you woke up late again, didn't you?"

 

He smacks me on the arm, making me wince. "I am just on time, excuse me. If I am late, you should be to. You know how much time it takes to look presentable to the girls out there."

 

"Geez, nice try. I know for a fact that you only want to look presentable in front of someone. Oh, look, there she is right now." I tease, pointing at Im Yoona who is also walking towards the school gate with Joohyun.

 

I see Donghae trying to hide his flustered face, smacking my arm again. "Of course not! Yoona is not the only girl out there to look handsome for. I-I'm sure you want to look good in front of Joohyun though!" He teases back.

 

I get flustered a bit from his words. To be honest, I haven't told anyone about my hidden attraction to my best friend, so I try denying it as calmly as possible. "Yeah, right. Like I can have feelings for my someone I consider my sister. You're ridiculous."

 

Donghae just shots me a knowing look. I sigh inwardly. I'm pretty sure he has a gist of my inner turmoil. Good thing he just dismisses the topic and goes on talking about other stuff.

 

It's hard enough to admit to myself that I do like Joohyun. Hah, like I'm telling her anytime sooner.

 

--

 

"In order to evaluate many limits, you can substitute the value of x that approaches into the function and evaluate the result. Then..." Our math professor, Miss Kim, goes on discussing. Every now and then, I notice that some of the students are trying to keep themselves awake since they aren't that interested in this kind of math.

 

As for myself, I try to stop yawning for the nth time. It's not like I'm not interested like the other students here. In fact, math is one of my best subjects, so I pretty much already have an idea on what this lesson is all about, and I actually studied this lesson beforehand.

 

Good thing I seated at the back, or else Miss Kim will certainly give me an earful.

 

A few minutes later, her discussion ended. She announces, "Okay, the exercise on page 34 will be your assignment, and we will have a short quiz tomorrow, so be sure to review."

 

"Gimme a break." Someone complains.

 

Miss Kim rolls her eyes. "If you would've listened to what I was saying instead of sleeping in my class, this quiz would've been a piece of cake. All of you are dismissed, except for our resident whiner. See me in detention."

 

The guy groans, probably muttering some curses or something.

 

Just then, Joohyun enters the room and approaches my seat as I gather my things. "Hey, can I ask you a favor?"

 

I merely raise an eyebrow. "I can't, Joohyun. I have a quiz to study for tomorrow."

 

"Don't give me that. You don't need to study at all since I'm pretty sure you already know these stuff. Can you please help me with an errand tomorrow?" She blinks, trying to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter