See you later.

Consequences of a Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun

 

"Hey, what's the answer to this question?" Donghae asks while staring at the notebook in front of him.

 

I sigh and say, "Why don't you try solving it for once? You've been asking me questions for the past hour."

 

He just frowns at me. "Please have mercy on my poor brain. It's going to burst any second. I don't think I can pass that stupid quiz later."

 

Just then, Yoona approaches us with a smile on her face. "Am I seeing things? Lee Donghae, in the library?"

 

"Better thank Miss Kim for that, Yoona. It is quite the miracle." I just chuckle a bit while scribbling solutions in my notebook. Studying and math is not Donghae's forte at all. He prefers a lot of action. Donghae heaves an exasperated sigh. "Okaaaay, Yoona. What are you doing here?"

 

"Oh! I came looking for Sunye unnie. Did you, by chance, see her? She said we should meet in the library."

 

I look up and see two girls walking toward us. "I think I just found who you're looking for."

 

"Yoona, hey!" Sunye calls as soon as she sees her.

 

Yoona acknowledges them and says, "Hi Sunye unnie. I've been looking everywhere for you."

 

"Well, we found you. Anyway, we need to go to the faculty rooms so we can talk to Miss Kim. She's organizing the school welcoming showcase..."

 

I tuned out most of their chatter, but my attention is directed to the quiet girl who is currently with Sunye. I can't help but ask, "Hey, who is she?"

 

The girl yelps and looks away. Sunye giggles a bit before introducing her companion. "Oh, I almost forgot. This is Gong Seungyeon. She's a new student."

 

Seungyeon bows low and says, "N-Nice to meet you."

 

Donghae enthusiastically introduces himself, shaking her hand. "Hi! My name is Lee Donghae. This nerd next to me is our friend, Cho Kyuhyun."

 

I roll my eyes at his description of me, before nodding in acknowledgement. "Yo."

 

"Please excuse my friend over here, okay? She's still new so she tends to be shy. Sorry about that." Sunye says, patting Seungyeon's shoulder. "Anyway, we have to go see Miss Kim. See you around guys!"

 

With that, she pulls Yoona and Seungyeon with her while talking animatedly with the former. I cannot help but look at her retreating figure. Somehow, she reminds me a lot of Joohyun. I catch myself looking a bit too long and clear my throat, before going back to my notes.

 

Donghae suddenly whistles beside me, "Wow, Seungyeon's a cute one."

 

"Don't even think about it, hyung." I immediately reprimand out of reflex.

 

"I didn't even say anything!" Donghae raises his hands in defense.

 

"It's written all over your face." I quip.

 

"You know what, I've never seen you become protective of someone so fast."

 

Crap, I feel like I've been caught. I can feel Donghae's amusement beside me. "Do you like her? Perhaps, you've found someone to move on to since Joohyun is out of the picture?"

 

"Just shut your mouth and study up, hyung. Those math problems won't solve themselves." I grumble.

 

"Aish, what a pain."

 

--

 

"Okay, before we start, I have an announcement to make." Miss Kim's voice booms through the classroom, getting everyone's attention. "We have a new student with us. Her name is Gong Seungyeon. I want you all to be nice and welcoming to her, alright? Seungyeon-ssi, please enter and introduce yourself."

 

The familiar girl entered the room, avoiding the curious ga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter