Caffé Benvenuto.

Dripping Black.

Hoya fiddled with the coin in his hand, wondering why he was so lucky to have found money falling from the sky - literally. It seemed that someone in one of the apartment blocks was having a quarrel with her boyfriend over loose change that he owed her from buying bubble tea, and the money landed on Hoya's head.

"Finders keepers, losers weepers!"

Hoya chuckled and walked away with the coin, ignoring the stares from curious passers-by. Not that the coin could buy him much, but the pure fortune of having money fall on his head was too good to be true. He might as well ride on that surge of good luck and go enjoy himself for one day. Just as he was revelling in his luck, the coin slipped from his fingers and rolled - and towards a drain, no less.

"Damn it!" He cursed silently, and ran after the coin. He didn't know why he was doing it, that coin wasn't worth much, but somehow it meant a lot to him.

It was a symbol of good luck to a new start, or renewed freedom. The past was an ugly scar, and the coin had given him a sort of assurance that life from there on would be better.

And now it was rolling towards the drain, of all places.

"Yes!"

He was soon approaching the coin and his whole body collapsed on the pavement to trap it, only to have a shoe pop out from nowhere stepping right on his very hand that covered his precious coin. 

"Aww sweetie, what-"

The voice faltered as Hoya looked up at a guy with two girls by his side. 

"Oops, sorry for that." The guy lifted his shoe, while Hoya continued to glare at him. He shook his head and walked off with the two girls who were sticking to him like super glue, and Hoya swore he caught him saying something along the lines of 'retarded dude going after a coin'.

"Now I'm not so sure why I'm even bothering with you," Hoya frowned at the coin, blew dust off it, chucked it into his pocket and headed to his favourite place.


"One Café Miel please!"

Jinwoon gave a sigh of relief as he got rid of the two annoying girls. He wasn't even interested in them, but they didn't seem to get the message and he played along just to please them.

Sometimes he wished he could be blunt and truthful, and not spin lie after lie, but somehow he couldn't help himself. Eager to please, eager to be well-liked, that was how he was trained to be. 

"Same old." The boss of the cafe smiled at him. It was obvious that even she had something for him, but he wished that she wouldn't. She was a nice person, and he didn't want to hurt her. He nodded, and tried to find a place to sit down.

"Ah, it's crowded today..." She frowned, and walked up to three guys one by one, whom Jinwoon didn't recognize. He watched as they nodded their heads slightly and gathered together at one tiny table at a corner, looking horribly uncomfortable with each other's presence. 

"I've cleared out a table for you, now go sit." The boss returned, and flashed him a smile while pointing out the table for him. 

"No, it's okay, I'll sit with the guys. I shouldn't always be imposing on you. Plus, I'm sure there would be other customers who want to sit in here too." He said genuinely, and headed towards the three guys huddled together. They all turned to look at him at the same time, all of them with the same look of curiosity and apprehension in their eyes. Jinwoon ignored them and sat down, rubbing his hands together while waiting for his coffee.

Just then, Jinwoon spotted the guy whose hand he had stepped on by accident entering the cafe, together with three other couples. He seemed to be in a bad mood, and it was no mystery why. 

"I'll have a Red Eye."

"Sir, do you mind sharing a table with the other four guys there?" 

Jinwoon gulped when the guy turned to look in his direction, hoping that he didn't recognize him. 

"There's someone there I don't like." The guy said curtly, and then all four of them at the table looked at each other in surprise. Who was he referring to?

"I'm sorry sir, but there really is a lack of seats..."

He gave a sigh, and agreed, before trudging to the table. 

"Damn, this guy is straightfoward." Jinwoon muttered to himself. Just then, he spotted a pretty girl sitting with her friends behind the guy at his table with the Chocolate Dalmation, and an automatic smile spread across his face. 

Target located.

Jinwoon moved his chair right next to the girl at her table despite being uninvited, and started working his charms again. He could see that he was already succeeding by the shy smiles on their faces, and it was true that he never failed. 

Maybe that one time was an exception, but other than that, his success rate was always 100%.


Hoya was more than relieved that that annoying guy was flirting with someone else so that he didn't have to see him at the same table. Taking a seat by a guy sipping a Cafe Medici, he felt for the coin in his pocket, and instantly felt assured that it was still inside. 

He looked at the people sitting at the table, and for a moment there he thought he saw someone he knew, but brushed that thought away immediately. It was too ridiculous. 

Thankfully, the heating in the cafe was working well, and Hoya didn't see the need to wear his thick jacket anymore. Taking it off and draping it on his chair, he felt slightly uncomfortable when he realized that the guy drinking a Chocolate Dalmation was staring right at his scar on his elbow. 

"Are you..."

Hoya raised his eyebrows at the guy in the leather jacket who was pointing at his scar meekly, wondering why it was of interest to him. 

"Are you Lee Howon? Hoya?"

Realization washed over Hoya as bits of his memories in jail came back to him, the ones that he tried so hard to lock behind when he left that place a few days ago.

"Lee Kikwang?"