Beautiful night.

New Years Kiss.!

 

»Miss Lo!!!« I woke up from my dreams, the professor was looking angrily at me, I gulped my saliva. “Had a nice nap, Miss Lo?” I shook my head. “Well, then could you please answer the question?” question? What question? , what class were we even in? I felt someone shaking my hand a bit, I looked to my right and saw a little note on the corner of my notebook. “The question was, what were you doing this weekend?” Ahh so we were in English class than, ok this should be easy. *I speak English fluently since I travelled a lot with my mom and dad and people around me were always speaking English.* I stood up, “Well, this weekend I was helping my dad with his project and I had a dinner with my family and some business friends.” “What was the project about?” Yaaah what is this, why is the professor asking so many questions? “umm, it was interior decorating project for some of the SidusHQ offices.” Here happy, I was close to rolling my eyes. “Okay, well then miss Lo, but if I catch you daydreaming one more time, you will be out!” I nodded and gave a little apologetic bow. The professor turned back to the class and I sat down. I heard a whisper in my ear “You’re welcome.” I rolled my eyes, “Thank you.” “You owe me.” Aish seriously, I saw him smirk with the corner of my eye. Who does he think he is?   

“I want you baby!” I felt hand on my waist and a hot breath on my neck. I turned around. His face was so close to mine I could smell his fresh scent. “Aish, Jay, you really are a pain. What do you want?” He didn’t back up, he just bit his lower lip and looked deeply in my eyes.  “I told you babe, I want you!” Omg those brown eyes, I was lost. Wait, what? No, I can’t bend under him, no. “Okay Jay, cut the crap. What do you want?” He now looked hurt, his hands moved from my waist and he looked down. Oh no I didn’t want to hurt him, I was a bit too harsh on him. “I’m sorry Jay, I didn’t mean it like that.” I said more friendly. “That’s ok. I’ll see you around okay.” He walked away with his head low and his eyes locked on the floor.

“Seriously Nisha, what the is wrong with you?” I heard Jas Naa coming towards me. She was my best friend since kindergarden, people call us twins because we were born on the same day. I rolled my eyes once again. “He is the hottest guy on our school and freakin leader of 2pm, and he’s all over you, how can you not see that?” I shook my head. “Was.” She looked confused, “Was what?” “Was the leader of 2pm.” I turned back to my locker, locked it and put my bag over my shoulder. “Omg, you’re so mean. That’s why you don’t like him? Just because he’s not in the group anymore? I can’t believe this.” She made the most shocking expression on her face I’ve ever seen. “Would you please stop. You sound like one of those drama fans that always cry their hearts out whenever someone mentions them.” “Whatever, at least I have a heart.” “auch, that hurt.”  She held my hand and started dragging me down the hall. We had only couple more classes left till lunch time. I sat down with my friends. I looked over to the ‘’populars’’ table, but I couldn’t find him. Where did he go? Was he really that sad? Ahh whatever… I kept on eating.

I was just rapping on some work in my room when I heard my phone buzz.

“Hey, do you have  some time?” It was a text from Jay.

“Yeah I’ll have some soon, why?” I replied.

“Could you come to the park, I need to talk to you.”

 “Yeah sure, I’ll be there in 10.”

I quickly took the laptop of my lap and walked downstairs.

“Where are you going?” I saw my mom standing in the living room.

“oh, omma I’m just going out to meet Jay.”

“Jay who?” she raised her brows.

“Park Jaebeom mom.” But I always call him Jay ..

“Oh him. Are you two guys dating now?” she smiled and winked.

What the heck? “Of course not. Why would you think that?” I was kind of pissed off.

“Well I just thought since he likes you a lot and you know stuff.”

“What no! He does not like me and I don’t like him!” I almost yelled that while running out the door.

I meet him in the park. He was swinging on one of those kid swings.

“You’re gonna break it you know!” I said creeping behind his back. He jumped a little bit and then smiled. I sat down on the other swing. “So what did you want to talk to me about?” He stood up, grabbed my hand and pulled me of the swing. “Yaah, what are you doing?” “Let’s go.” “Let’s go where? I thought you needed to talk to me!” “Well, I lied.” He smiled and put on his shades. I looked at him. “Is that really necessary?” “It is if you don’t want a bunch of screaming fans running after us.” “khm, correction; running after you.” I could swear he rolled his eyes under those sunglasses.

“So where are we going?” “To the mall.” “Huuh? What for?” “To go shopping, you silly.” “Why are we going shopping?” “Well I thought I should buy you some stuff.” “What? Buy me some stuff? Sorry but I really don’t need you buying stuff for me! Why would you even…” I couldn’t finish my sentence. “Well to be honest, you’re style , you are always wearing jeans. Do you even own a skirt?” I shook my head. And what was wrong with jeans? “See, I’m buying you a skirt!” “A skirt? Ok you’ve gone nuts. Bye.” I turned around and walked the other way. He grabbed my hand again and turned me around. “I was just kidding. I was thinking more like a watch!” “A watch?” “Yes a watch, you never wear one and I think it would look good on your tiny wrist.” I just kept quiet, what is this fool talking about?    

We walked through the mall and saw a couple of watch and jewelry stores. We walked by swatch, I shook my head, we walked by Rolex, I shook my head again. “Okay, can you please tell me what you want.” He looked frustrated. “I’m not the one wanting a watch. I don’t know. You decide I guess.” I just put on my “whatever” face. He now started walking towards Michael Kors store. Oh I remembered there was actually a watch that I really liked from there. I followed him, we looked at some watches. I really liked the rose gold one. It was simple but feminine. He smiled as he saw how much I liked it. “I think this is the one.” He said to the guy that was helping us. The guy nodded. “So what should we engrave on it?” he asked. “With Love, Jay.” Jay said. The guy nodded and wrote it down. He measured my wrist and wrote it down again. “It will be done in 30 minutes.” “Thank you.” We bowed a little and then walked out. “So what do you want to do now?” he asked. “mmm… Let’s have some ice – cream. I haven’t had it in a while.” “Okay then, my princess.” I lightly punched him in the shoulder.

We had some ice-cream and then went back to pick up the watch. It was so beautiful and it had “with love, Jay” engraved on the bottom. “You like it?” “I love it. It’s beautiful.” I said admiring the watch on my wrist. “I’m glad you do.” He said and smiled brightly. I gave him a quick peck on his chick and then blushed. What was up with me? I saw him blushing too.

He walked me to my house. “Thanks so much Jay. You really didn’t need to do that.” I said looking right into his eyes. “No problem princess. I like making you happy. Now go inside, I’ll see you tomorrow.” He waved at me, while I walked into the house. I saw my mom creeping on us through the window. I rolled my eyes and walked upstairs. I took a shower and put the watch on my nightstand.

“Tomorrow is New Years Eve.” My mom said while I was munching on my toast. “I know mom.” She nodded. “And by the way, we are celebrating it with the Park family.” What? I almost spit out the sip of coffee I just took. I mean I know that Mrs. Park is my moms friend and Mr. Park my dads best buddy from high school but still. I looked at my watch it was time for me to go. Thank god. “Well I gotta go now oma, appa.” I said standing up and taking one last sip of my coffee.  ‘This is gonna be interesting’ I said to myself.

“Nisha come down honey. They arrived.” I heard my dad calling me from downstairs. I took one last look in the mirror and noticed I wasn’t wearing my watch. I quickly put it on and went downstairs. Mom and dad were already greeting the guests. They all looked at me as I walked down to greet them. “ommo.. Nisha you became so pretty. A real women.” Jay’s mom said, pulling me in for a tight hug. Jay looked shocked at my appearance. I was wearing a black dress with some gold and black pumps and his watch. My hair was down to one side and curled. He also looked very handsome in his black tuxedo. I also greeted his dad and then it was Jay’s turn. The parents already left towards the living room. He walked closer and hugged me with one hand around my waist. “You look, stunning.” He whispered in my ear. I smiled and looked down. We walked to the living room and sat down on a couch. Soon it was time for dinner. Somehow our moms made us sit beside each other. They kept talking about something and throwing glances at us. Oh god, I already knew they were making wedding plans.  After the dinner, we just chatted a little bit. And soon enough it was almost midnight. Jay stood up and offered me a hand. I put my hand into his and let him guide me to the balcony.

It was very cold outside. He took of his blazer and put it over my shoulders. The cold air made me shake a little. He smiled so brightly and looked in my eyes.  “What are you doing Jay? It’s almost midnight.” I said. “Look at your watch,” he said, slightly touching my other hand. I looked, it was 12:59. He put one hand on my check and the other one on my waist. Our faces were so close now I felt his warm breath tickling me. He moved even closer and brushed his soft lips over mine. I lightly bit his lip, making him deepening the kiss even more. Then he gently pulled back and smiled. I smiled too. “Happy new year, princess.” He said giving a little peck on my lips again. “Happy new year, babe.” I felt him shiver when I kissed him passionately.

Beautiful colors of fireworks lighten up the sky. I let him cuddle-hug me and whisper sweet nothings in my ear.