Chapter 1: My Virtual Reality

Eye to Eye

*everything is in korean, but I don't know korean...SO ENGLISH*
Me: HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW HOW TO RIDE A BIKE?!?! IT IS LIKE A CHILDHOOD RITE OF PASSAGE!
BlingDino90: I had more important things to do...
Me: AND WTF WOULD THAT BE?!?
BlingDino90: Hugging people. THIS WORLD NEEDS MORE HUGS!!!
Me: That makes no sense whatsoever...
BlingDino90: What? Our elementary class was small, it was kinda depressing...
Me: You are the weirdest person ever...
BlingDino90: OH! AND I WAS PRACTICING BEING AMBIDEXTROUS! HAH!
Me: Fine... That only is legit cuz... thats just cool... DAMN U AND UR SKILLZ *grrr*
BlingDino90: Well, i gtg, my free period is over... C u later, or for you tomorrow!
Me: haha, yeah bye
-BlingDino90 has signed off-

'I had to pack anyway...' I grudgingly sighed to myself. God, I really do hate packing. So much work to be done, and the only reason I didn't finish earlier was Dino boy IM'd me in the middle of it. Not that I minded, I actually was happy he did... Okay, so maybe he makes me happy, but he is only a friend! A really nice, cute, funny, and special friend... DAMN HIM! I can't say anything yet because I haven't seen him! So HAH! to all you judgemental people out there *points in random directions*. Anyway, back to my woeful tale of work. This is my second international move of my life, and that just doesn't it! At least, I am going to move back to my home town!! I get to see my old friends... well old friend. All the kids in my elementary school were brats except Min Ji! Even though we still kept in contact well after I moved, I cannot wait to see her! From all our texts, emails, and video chats, I can definitely tell she wasn't the shy girl I used to know! Last time I heard, she was the head of some big protest at her, well I should say our, high school. Laughing myself as the once shy girl yelling at 'the man', I quickly packed my comforter in the large box as well as some other miscellaneous things when my phone buzzed. Plopping some final belongings in the box, I picked up the phone and read my new text.

Min Ji: OMFG YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED TODAY!!
Me: Woah, calm down first of all... What happened?
Min Ji: I GOT A FREAKIN A IN MATH
Me: ... Well, the world is going to end
Min Ji: HAHA JK! Nah I just to tell you more about the hell you are about to enter that is our high school XP
Me: Don't tell me...Another crying girl!
Min Ji: Pffft! Of course there was! Girl, we have the biggest playboy in S. Korea, why would you expect less?
Me: I don't know? God, why is he such a douche.
Min JI: IDK, HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO KNOW! But anyway, how is loverboy XD
Me: WTF! Where does that come from!
Min Ji: YOU HAVE BEEN HIDING A PRINCE CHARMING FROM ME! DAT AINT RITE!
Me: -.-' You aren't going to let this go aren't you.
Min Ji: XD NEVVA, unless loverboy has a friend, you will forever hear me nag
Me: Aish... See this is the reason i can't finish packing. ttyl legit
Min Ji: its also loverboy's fault GOD! Anyway, c u tomorrow!!!!

With that, I lightly tossed my phone onto a plush seat cushion (I am not risking a cracked screen!) and reassumed packing. Most of our stuff was already in our old house back in S. Korea. *sigh* The memories that are in that house, whether good or bad, were precious to me. My packing slowly started to draw to a close as my once cluttered room turned barren. My hands suddenly grazed upon the an old picture frame of my 3rd grade class. A smile erupted upon my tired face as my fingers traced the faces of my best friend and I. In the upper corner, I saw a group of boys that seemed awfully familiar. I could not shake the feeling that I was involved with them somehow. 'Oh well' I quickly shook the thought away, and I carefully placed the picture in one of my carry-on bags. We were leaving tonight so we could get to Gwangmyeong by late afternoon. "HYE RIM! WE ARE ABOUT TO LEAVE! ARE YOU DONE PACKING YET?!?!" my mom screeched at the top of her lungs.
I flinched a little by her sudden exclamation and quickly replied back, "I AM DONE UMMA! JUST LET ME GET MY BAGS AND STUFF!" A faint yes could be heard and then a few crashing sounds. That sure is mom I silently thought followed be a slight chuckle. Picking up my 4 carry-ons, I hobbled down the stairs and saw my mom and dad already in the cab. Their shouts for me to hurry up annoyed me to no further end, but once I got into the cab, our chatter mainly consisted of our excitement to go back to Korea. We went through trivial procedures once at the airport, something that I found totally tedious and unnecessary, but oh well. Overall, it took 2-3 hours just to clear security, get to the get, and finally into the airplane. We got business class seats (first class is so overrated), and I settled into my seat, dreaming and anticipating my new adventures that my old hometown would bring me.

 

Author's Note: I know this is such a y chapter, but I had to put in some expostion otherwise my LA teacher would be screaming at me in the back of my mind. She would be like "Where is the bond of the internet people" or "How is the friendship between so and so" and "WHAT ABOUT THAT PLANE RIDE HUH! You punk.." well she wouldnt say punk BUT STILL!!!! TRUST ME, she will encounter some interesting people in the next chapter.