Prologue: The End of the Beginning

Eye to Eye

FLASHBACK

Hye Min's (8 year-old's self) POV

"ONE DAY IN A LAND FULL OF GIANT ROBOTS, WHO TOOK OVER THE WORLD, THREE MEN WITH BIG WEAPONS... GOT KILLED BY THE GIANT ROBOTS." the stouly little brat cotinued on to ramble with his story.God he is such a moron, I kept on thinking as he continued to mutter my his stupid story. "ONE LOSER," at this part he harsly eyed me," NO TWO, NO THREE LOSERS (CAUSE THEY WERE SO STUPID THEY NEEDED THREE PEOPLE TO EVEN IT OUT) FOUND THE WEAPONS!" How rude! He is just a retard that is jealous of my awesomeness, yeah it's common. "THEY FOUND IT WHILE AVOIDING THE KILLER GIANT ROBOTS!" Ohhs and Ahhhs could be heard throughtout my fellow classmates (well mainly from an upperclassman called 'Onew'). As my classmate continued to ramble on, I slowly got up and quietly decided to go on the swings, I atleast wanted to enjoy whatever was left of my recess, and my friends started to follow in suit. 

As she neared, she started to whisper something that sounded totally irrelavent. " Min Ji, how am I suppose to hear what you are saying if you don't speak up?" I exasperrated. I mean, she has the best ideas, but if only she could speak up for herself. She circled her thumbs, something that helps her to get over her shyness. Sighing again, I grabbed her chubby hands and plopped her down onto the seet of the swing set. "Now, talk!" I bluntly commanded.

"isdafheafsdadfasdfhjjognaliejsgdu," she quietly whispered to herself.

"-.-' Do you really expect me to understand that?" I monotonously replied. Okay, so maybe I was rude, but hey, wouldnt you get a bit annoyed too?

" I heard Jonghyun kinda, maybe, likes you.." Min Ji murmured slowly. It only took me a moment to let the words the sink in. Why would she tell me this now? The porky little brat had a crush on me? Isn't he suppose to be afraid of girls cause of cooties or something?!?!?! Pfffft, like I would ever go out with a dork like him. I mean, if he was nice and actaully had a brain I would reconsider, but he has none of those attributes soooooo... NOPE! And he also-

"OUCH! WHAT THE HECK!" I suddenly yelped out in pain. I whipped my hair around to see the said brat right behind me. "GRRRRR! WHAT THE HECK IS YOUR PROBLEM! WHY DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO BE SUCH A PAIN IN THE NECK. IN FACT, WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE ME. CAN'T YOU GO AND PICK ON SOMEONE ELSE FOR GOODNESS SAKE. I AM SO HAPPY THAT I AM MOVING TOMORROW SO I DO NOT EVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH YOUR  IN MY LIFE EVER AGAIN! YOU ARE JUST A STUPID DINOSAUR!!!" I huffed out with a sigh following shortly afterwards. Ranting about how much you hate a person surely does take a lot out of you. When I opened my eyes, I see Jonghyun just standing there looking dazed. When I looked even closer, I saw his eyes filled with an array of emotions: anger, shock, and the most prominent one hurt. His chocolate brown eyes started to water up, siginalling his tears that were threatening to fall. In a split secong, he madly dashed after his other friends. Realizing the harsh words I had just said, I felt like I should go and apologize. "No..." I silently reassured myself. What was the point anyway? I was going to move tomorrow, and my verbal wound wouldn't heal in a day, especially when I knew he liked me. Nodding my head in regret, I slowly turned to my best friend. She looked as disappointed in me as I felt. The day dragged on slowly after that, and I kept my distance. I constantly thanked god that I was moving tomorrow. 

 

Jonghyun's POV

I contined to woo the heck outta all my classmates. I am an awesome storyteller as well as being just plain awesome. As I kept on telling my story, I continuously eyed her. Hye Rim, she was a special classmate of mine. Whenever I am around her... I feel like puking, so I tug her hair and ! I am way better than that one dude from that really old play... Rameo or something? How am I suppose to remember when I had more oppressing matters at hands!?!?! My lovely princess was moving away tomorrow, and so I obviously had to confess. I was also extra tuggy on her hair and I think I left a bruise on her shins ^^d. Onew hyung sure is very helpful in this department, for he gave me all these ideas. I mean I was going to be nice to her... PFFFT XD What was I thinking?!?!? I saw that she was leaving, so I quickly decided to wind down the story. 'Sorry my fellow classmates, there is something more important I must do' I thought as I stuck an imaginary hero pose. First I grabbed Key, Minho, and Onew (unfortunatly Taemin's recess period was earlier than ours... but I doubt he would have been much of a help) and did a mini prep huddle. " Okay guys I think I should confess now, any ideas on how?" I quietly asked, fearing that others might hear and ruin the surprise. 

" I think you should just push her off the swings and give her your bugger!" Key proudly stated. I facepalmed myself. All I want is a confession! Why does he think I want to propose to her?!?! IM ONLY 7 YEARS OLD! This is why I only pay attention to Key when is deals to being a diva and fashion advice. Hey, what can I say, he surely does have a knack for those kind of things. 

"PFFT KEY!" Onew boldly yelled. I quickly clamped his mouth a shushed him violently. 

"DUDE! Some privacy you know!" I whispered/yelled harshly at him.

"SO... Sorry 'bout that Dino. *pats head* Anyway, Key he isn't proposing, but keep that idea at hand though.... Anyway, keep it simple Jjong, some times the most simplest things last forever in a girl's heart." he logically stated. We all gave him the 'wtc' (what the cheese) look. "What? My mom has been watching a lot of movies lately, and I am forced to sit through it!" he retorted back. A chourused oh settled among the group, and Onew continued by saying " I think what he should do is tug her hair and then flatly state it. The tugging hair is like their thing you know," the nodding of heads signalled the agreement to the statement," and then flatly saying it makes him look cool *takes off invisible shades*." 

"That actually sounds good," Minho's voice resonated throughtout the group. We all slowly turned to face Minho with the same thought... 'So that's what he sounds like!' But after a few minutes of conversing (actually only a few seconds), we all agreed on Onew's idea.

"YES I AM THE LOVE GURU!" he silently yelled and jumped up in the air. Oh Onew, he sure is a special chicken loving dude. 

I slowly crept behind her, and then I violently tugged on her hair. She turned around, but her face showed an emotion of anger rather than shyness. Wouldn't you be blushin' it the best guy in the grade was about to confess for you!?! HUH! THATS RIGHT YOU WOULD! Right when I was about to open , she started to spew the most hurtful chain of words that would haunt me for the longest of time. "GRRRRR! WHAT THE HECK IS YOUR PROBLEM! WHY DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO BE SUCH A PAIN IN THE NECK. IN FACT, WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE ME. CAN'T YOU GO AND PICK ON SOMEONE ELSE FOR GOODNESS SAKE. I AM SO HAPPY THAT I AM MOVING TOMORROW SO I DO NOT EVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH YOUR  IN MY LIFE EVER AGAIN! YOU ARE JUST A STUPID DINOSAUR!!!" They say words hurt, and I never believed that. I have always seen people in hospitals for physical injuries, not with word injuires. But, this hit hard. Her words seemed 10x more painful than any cut, burn, or bruise. My eyes started to water up. I quickly decided to run away, for I would not let anyone see the mighty Kim Jonghyun cry. I met up with my friends and cried. Cried like I could never cry before. Park Hye Rim, you are worst than the wicked witch of the west, and I will forever hate you. On that same day, I also made the assumption that all girls were the same. They just wanted to torment us and will drop us any second... I hate you Park Hye Rim.

 

End of Flashback