Chappie Two...

My Ghost Friend...

Woohyun ate annoyingly in silence. He puffed his cheeks and shoved spoonful and spoonful of food into his mouth without appreciating his favourite cheese baked rice made specially by his mother.

Mrs Nam noticed that and questioned him about his weird behaviour. “Hyunnie… Are you upset by something…? Or you don’t like mummy’s baked rice anymore…? Sob sob…” Mrs Nam pretended to cry which Woohyun stood up immediately and rushed to his mother’s side to comfort her.

“No, mum… You get it wrong…! Woohyunnie loves mum’s baked rice…! It’s Woohyunnie’s favourite food…!” Sweetie Woohyun tip-toed to kiss his mother’s cheek.

“If that’s the case, why are you sulking…? Do you know that you’re ugly when you sulk…? Haha…!” Mrs Nam baby boy.

“I’m not ugly, mum…! Woohyunnie is the most handsome boy…!” Woohyun defended with a pout which Mrs Nam tapped lovingly at it. “It’s just that… It’s just that…”

Woohyun suddenly widened his eyes when he realised that he did not heed his mother’s warning again. Hence, he dared not continue the conversation and lowered his gaze to the ground.

“Alright, what is it, my darling baby…?” Mrs Nam coaxed her only son with a smile.

“I’m sorry, mum…” Woohyun whispered softly. His teary eyes refused to look at his mother.

“Hyunnie… Did you… Sigh… Did you make friend with a stranger again…?” Mrs Nam scooped her son onto her laps and patted soothingly on Woohyun’s back.

Woohyun nodded slightly. Mrs Nam said nothing but emitted a helpless sigh.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As a punishment for himself, Woohyun made himself stayed in the attic the next day and refused to budge even when Mrs Nam assured him that it was okay and she forgave him. But Woohyun did not state his real reason for punishing himself. He hated to see the pained and worried look in his mother’s eyes. He hated himself for causing it. And that’s why sensible Woohyun stayed in the attic for the whole day.

Little Sunggyu was looking high and low for his new friend when he saw a slightly plump lady standing at the doorway of the attic.

As if sensing Sunggyu’s presence, Mrs Nam whipped around to see the little kid a few steps away from her. She stiffened in fright and tried to sense any danger or unfriendly aura coming from the child.

Sunggyu shifted uncomfortably under Mrs Nam’s intense stare. He couldn’t help but felt his heartbeat picking its pace when the plump lady started walking towards him. Sunggyu stood rooted to the spot even though he just wanted to shrink or run down the stairs.

Sunggyu held his breath when Mrs Nam stopped right in front of him. He forced himself to look up even though he was trembling with fear.

Mrs Nam’s piercing stare softened when she looked at the innocent child before her. “You really do look like a hamster just like what Hyunnie has described…! So cutie…!” Mrs Nam pinched lightly at the pale child’s bubbly cheeks.

Sunggyu was stunned at the abrupt change of Mrs Nam’s attitude. Nonetheless, he smiled and asked for Woohyun.

“Oh… That kid… Sigh… He has made himself stay in the attic, wanting to repent for his mistake…” Mrs Nam pointed at the closed door and explained more when she saw Sunggyu’s puzzled face. “I told him not to make friends with stranger which he had forgotten again… Sigh… Anyway, you will not hurt Hyunnie, right…?”

“I will not hurt Hyunnie…! It’s a promise…!” Sunggyu nodded and smiled widely at Mrs Nam.

“Alright, go in then where you will find an ugly, sulking Hyunnie… Haha…!” Mrs Nam chuckled.

Sunggyu thanked Mrs Nam and pushed open the door where indeed he found the sulking younger boy. But he would not define Woohyun as ugly because he thought that his pout was adorable.

Naughty Sunggyu decided to play a prank on Woohyun. He tip-toed silently towards the oblivious child who was glazing longingly through the small window.

Sunggyu put his small hands over Woohyun’s eyes. “Guess who I am…?”

“Gyu hyung…?!” Woohyun grabbed the cold hands and turned to look at the pale-looking grinning boy.

“Gyu hyung is going to punish you for making me run up and down looking for you…!” Sunggyu giggled and pinched Woohyun’s cheeks before dashing out of the attic.

However, Woohyun was quick on his reflex. He stood up and chased after the adorable hamster, laughing merrily along the way. Finally, he caught up with Sunggyu in less than three seconds.

“Argh…! It’s no fun…!” Sunggyu whined and pouted.

Woohyun hugged Sunggyu and whispered. “I won’t let my friend run away from me…!”

“I won’t run away from you, Hyunnie… We will be together soon…” Sunggyu whispered and smiled sadly. A tear rolled down his chubby cheek.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Another chappie is up...!
The final chappie shall be up either tomorrow or the day after next... ^_^
As always, please let me know what you think of this story... Thank you... ^_~