Chapter 1

Catching Stars
 

Rushing, I sprinted up to the school and into the dorm, barely slowing down to take in the campus. The campus seemed perfect, especially on starry nights. Hah, it seemed like it could become a new home. If only I had had this enviroment back home, that would have been nice. I had no time to dawdle, though. I found my dorm number and dropped my brown suede suitcase down with a thud inside, after unlocking the door with the key that the school had mailed me when I was in Canada. 

16C, 16C. This seemed like the right classroom; Music Vocal Ensemble. I cautiously turned the doorknob, not wanting to bring attention to myself, so I could just slink into a desk quietly. The door was heavier than I thought it would be: as I opened the creaking door, the teacher and students' heads turned towards me, staring. So much for that plan. 
 

I bowed, "Hello, I'm Kim Soyeon."

After hearing my introduction, everyone turned away and disinterestedly went back to chattering amongst themselves.

"I'm sorry, I'm late."

The teacher was a rather old woman with too much makeup smeared against her face. The instant she opened to talk, her voice sounded nasally and hard to listen to. "I don'tknow why you keep apologizin', you brat. Go sit down."

I scampered to a seat in the back of the class hoping everything wouldn't be as bad as these few seconds.

 

"I'm your substitute for today," the woman said.

Substitute? I did a little inner celebration. I did not want to spend the rest of the year listening to her voice.

She glared at us, "don't think just because I'm a substitute you can slack off. Today I will still be teaching a lesson. Mr. Lee will be back in a week. Now, we will start off by listening to each one of your current skills."

Oh god, there was no way I was going to survive this.

As if that lady had read my thoughts, she goes, "Now, now, don't be shy, or else there will be consequences. Start off by singing anything, whether it be a scale or a verse." she paused. "Just do it. And as motivation for your first day, we have a special speaker. A Hallyu star."

Everyone sat up straighter in their chair and ceased to talk. One could almost sense the anticipation in the air as the air turned still.

I groaned and shivered internally. Another one of those overfed once debuted (otherwise unfed), cocky, arrogant, overrated stars that act innocent around all those fans? I preferred not to involve myself with those kinds of people. Maybe they had entered the business with good intentions, but once that fame taints you, it's for good.

As if on cue, he walked in. Lanky, with an air about him, coiffed hair, and designer clothes, he smiled that sick greasy smile that stars throw their fangirls and stood at the front of the classroom... at the center of attention.

Who cared? He was simply just another guy. I turned away, disengaged. 

"Hi, I'm Yoseob of B2ST and I'm returning to school for a bit, please take care of me!"

aki mushroms. I nearly jumped out of my chair in shock; I recognized that voice so well, especially when it was singing.

 

~

Sorry guys!~ I haven't written anything in a while, and this chapter is actually a draft from last year, and my writing is mediocre at best.. so... yeah. Thankk you!~