Prologue

Catching Stars

Ever since I was in high school, I wasn't the most honest kid. I lied to my mom a lot. I always told her that I was going to the hospital to volunteer, but actually, I would sneak out to sing. For music, I snuck out with my iPod and would practice singing. I was too scared to tell anyone, so my iPod acted as my tutor. Each time, I sang louder, and with more feeling. It reached a point where I couldn't go on, and I started to tear up. That was the only time when I could be myself, entirely and truthfully. Whenever anything happened, I ached to just go out and sing. Unfortunately, all I could do was listen to music before I slept. But somehow, I always ended up falling asleep with my earbuds still in. In high school, I really admired Lee Junghwan, also known as Sandeul. His music never failed to move me to tears.


 
My mom didn't approve of arts as a career. She said that maths and science were more practical, and wouldn't bring me as many hardships. She was right about that. And I tried. I truly did try to get into math and science. But every single time I heard a song that spoke my heart, I longed to go out and sing. 

That's why when my mom wanted me to go to Korea to the top science and math school, I dropped out and enrolled into a performing arts school.
~~