Chapter 5

Wishing Star

You make your way to school relatively late, completely missing your first class. You had decided late last night that you simply didn't want to wake up early. By the time you had even arrived to 3rd period, it had already been in session for quite a while.

When you waltzed in, your teacher rolled his eyes, bemused by your entrance. You sat in your usual seat, next to Chanyeol. He looked at you with a worried expression, but could tell by your exhausted demeanor that you did not feel like socializing. He still greets you and continues writing down notes from the board while you stare into space.

You try your best to wait for class to end. Chanyeol does his best not to bother you, trying to be as considerate as possible. However, you can tell that he really wants to talk to you about something by the way his eyes keep shifting in your direction. You end up trying to guess what it could possibly be, and your mind goes on a rant. "Oh god he's going to ask why people hate me. What if he asks about my parents? What would I even say?"

You involuntarily shake your head, you don't want to think about it. You just want to get through the day. Breaking from your own thoughts, you begin doodling in your notebook.

----

As lunch begins, you just give up and sit where you're most used to. You go back to your old bench, but on your way, someone stops you. A tap on your shoulder turns you around to face Chanyeol. Just Chanyeol. His many fans had already dispersed. You turn you head away quickly, trying to hide the smile that was threatening to form.

"Hello, Chanyeol." You say, avoiding any eye-contact.

"Hey, Eun! I wanna ask you something!" His infectious smile makes it hard to help letting out a tiny smile of your own, despite your effort to keep a straight face.

He follows you to your table and sits with you, and as he places his tray down, he seems to be reading.

"Just ignore them."

He looks at you with sympathy, but by now, he knows you don't want it. He decides to drop it: something that you inwardly thank him for.

He picks up his lunch and takes a big bite before talking again.

"Anyway, I wanted to ask a big favor of you." He wipes his mouth with his napkin. You, however, are already shaking your head. "Whatever it is, I can't. And you shouldn't be asking me anything. I told you that." Your voice and face are stern, but inside, you are torn.

You truly want to at least hear him out, but you don't want him to get involved with you. He shakes his head too, putting a large hand up to stop you from any further declining. "No, just listen to me. I want you to tutor me."

Your eyes widen a little in shock, you never expected anything like that. "I, uh-" He stops you again. "I promise I won't make a big deal about it, but I can't fail a class. If I do, I'll get kicked out of the academy. And I'm already falling behind."

He rubs the back of his neck, "You see, I'm here on a scholarship, and if I'm not making good grades, then I'll have to go to some dumb public school again. So, please help me?" He gives you a hopeful gaze.

You look around you, rubbing your arm nervously as you see all the girls watching you again. You know they can probably hear you as well. Your gaze travels down to the floor.

"Please, Eun?" He lowers his head to catch your eye, and as you look back up at him, you can feel yourself giving in.

"I'll- uh, i'll see what I can do, okay?" You avoid his eyes again, trying not to blush.

Chanyeol lights up and his whole mood changes as he grabs one of your hands in his, just like the day before. Only, he's not trying to comfort you this time. "Thank you so much, Eun! I really owe you big time!" His smile is so big that you, again, can't help but to smile with him. "You're welcome..."

You can't help but become more concerned by the increasing intensity in glares that just seemed to flock to you. You bury your head in your headphones again, smile leaving your face.